Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
11/7 in Savage, Maryland - Heroes' Gauntlet Run

What:
Heroes' Gauntlet Run!

When:
Sunday November 7, 2010
12:00 set up
12:30 – 5:30 PM ~ game time
5:30 - 6:00 PM prizes, courtesy of your entry fee and Wizards' NHSD prize support [Thanks WOTC!!!]

Where:
The Family Game Store
8600 Foundry Street
Savage, Maryland 20763
info@familygamestore.net

Entry fee:
$5

HEROES' GAUNTLET RUN!

Bring your thunder! Bring your lightning! Draft your army and brave four treacherous adventures, each designed to maim, humiliate, and devour all but the strongest of heroes! After your own adventure, take the reins of the army that just handed you defeat!

This will be a 4 round, 380 point tournament. UNIQUE HEROES ONLY! No Uncommon, no common heroes. No Marvel. Don't forget to bring *all* the figures you'll want to use and their cards, plus dice and order markers! Don't bring terrain, unless you're volunteered to do so.

Four smaller maps have been specifically designed for HEROES' GAUNTLET RUN! While each map is smaller in scale, they pack a punch. Focusing on a particular terrain type, each map also has a predetermined army. These "map armies" have been drafted to best compliment the terrain.

Each round will begin with players assigned to one of four maps. One player will agree to play their drafted army, while their opponent will play the "map army." At the end of this match players will switch sides, allowing the previous "map army" opponent to field their own drafted army.

Two matches on one map is a round. Two copies of each map & "map army" allow for a sixteen player tournament.

A player's score will be based on his performance *only* with his own heroes against the "map armies." The higher scoring player in each round is the winner. A player's score for each round will be calculated as follows: for the match in which you controlled your own heroes against the map army, add the damage you did (380, if you won with your heroes) to the value of what you have left. So if you won, and you have a Syvarris left with 2/4 wounds, you get 380 points, for winning with your heroes, and 50 points more, because you have half a Syvarris still standing. Conversely, if you lost, you get points for damage done. If the match is called on time, you also get points for what you have left.

There will be separate prizes for those who do the best with each map army, one for each map. So the player who does the best with the snow map will win a prize, the player who does the best with the swamp army, etc. But the overall prizes will go to the player who does the best with his heroes against the combined gauntlet of the 4 map armies.

Snowpocalypse

Nilfheim [185]
White Wyrmling x 2 [60]
Greater Ice Elemental [130]
375 total

Molten Mayhem

Shurrak [160]
Fire Elemental x 3 [105]
Brunak [110]
375 total

Bludgeon Bog

Fen Hydra [120]
Krug [120]
Ne-Gok-Sa [90]
Me-Burq-Sa [50]
380 total

Dr. Dank's Dark Dungeon

Othkurik [140]
Darrak [60]
Mika Connour [110]
Black Wyrmling x 2 [60]
Isamu [10]
380 total

Get PDFs of the maps maps here; thanks tom!

Attending:
1. DS
2. KidScaper
3. Drewcula
4. Ian
5. Friend of DS
6. Clancampbell
7. Xanth
8. Shaugville
9. Tom
10. kldonnelly
11. Crichton (savagely)
12. Follower of Vydar
13. Phil the Thrill
14. Tony
15. BobGrant
16. Mikelizzio

Maybe:
1. Aerindane
2. Cigarman

*If you are on this list* and you can't come, please send me a PM or just post into this thread letting me know. Thanks!

Maps:
Snowpocalypse 1: Drewcula
Snowpocalypse 2: DS
Molten Mayhem 1: Drewcula
Molten Mayhem 2: tom
Bludgeon Bog 1: Drewcula
Bludgeon Bog 2: Clancampbell
Dr. Dank's Dark Dungeon 1: Drewcula
Dr. Dank's Dark Dungeon 2: tom

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 4th, 2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 11/7 in Savage, Maryland

Sounds good! I'll stay tuned for more info.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker

In the spirit of MD 'Scape tourney director CLANCAMPBELL; Daddyscaper and I are making certain the format is unique, creative, fun, and scheduled only weeks before a new expansion is due.
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:56 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcula View Post
In the spirit of MD 'Scape tourney director CLANCAMPBELL; Daddyscaper and I are making certain the format is unique, creative, fun, and scheduled only weeks before a new expansion is due.
I think you mean AFTER a new expansion is due . I am very excited by this and will do my best to be there! Also, I will gladly help in any way that I can with maps and such.

EDIT: Just checked the time/distance and it is about a 2.5 hour trip for me so this is still within my Scaping range. Now I just have to hope the date works.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Xanth and I are a go. This sounds pretty interesting.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent, Clan. You and Xanth are on the list, and hopefully Xanth will be excited to use some of the D1 & D2 that will be out.

Glad you guys could squeeze us in between his football games.

A word about the location:

The Family Game Store has a *ton* of 'Scape on display. And right on the rack, in a plastic display case, is the HeroScapers one page cheat sheet for those shoppers who are curious to see how the game works.

= =
Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM

shaugville is surprisingly tart

Hello. Put me down as a definite!

As I mentioned, I live only a mile from the game store and am happy to help with set-up and take down and such.

The format looks very interesting.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:29 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Done!

= =
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If there is still room for me I would love to attend. I can't guarantee I can make it until we get a little closer to the date though. This sounds like it will be very different from our usual tournament scene and a lot of fun.

Last edited by tom; September 6th, 2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Hide the women and children, Tom is coming.

We've tweaked the format a bit and there may be another tweak or two to come, so those already signed up please check in again before showing up at the shop.

Also time will be tight so everybody should plan on being there 12:15ish or so, just to make sure the dice are rolling on time.

= =
Old September 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM

Crichton Woo who?

Long time Lurker, First time poster

I want my first event to be (in) Savage- Please sign me up!
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM

kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker

Sign me up for the tournament. Crichton and I are the two Heroscapers that Shaugville talked to at Savage Mill last Saturday and told us about the tournament.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events