Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 27th, 2014, 05:33 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

My Villages KS finally arrived the other day & I got to have a game of it with 2 of my boys yesterday afternoon. I like it a lot. It's only a filler game but takes a little longer than most fillers as there are multiple rounds to play through to get to the 100 points. The graphics on the cards is pixel art & quite cute. Good game.

PS: My Tiny Epic Kingdoms finally arrived also (the day after Villages).
Old November 27th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Learned how to play Mancala last night. Didn't realize how much strategy could be involved until I actually played it.
Mancala is a great game. We had Oh-War-Ee (sp?) when we were kids which is a fun blending of stone and dish games. Very fun stuff.

--

Today was Heroscape day at our home--6 games, great times!
Old November 27th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Learned how to play Mancala last night. Didn't realize how much strategy could be involved until I actually played it.
It's been a while since I've played it, but it's an amazing abstract. I've got a book that has several rules for it. If I remember correctly, it's even proper etiquette to try to cheat by deliberately making an error in sowing the stones and hoping your opponent doesn't catch it, but I don't care for that. Your also supposed to play your turn reasonably quickly (not speed play, but you're supposed to make your move without spending time studying the layout and counting the stones). That rule I like.
Old November 27th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
My Villages KS finally arrived the other day & I got to have a game of it with 2 of my boys yesterday afternoon. I like it a lot. It's only a filler game but takes a little longer than most fillers as there are multiple rounds to play through to get to the 100 points. The graphics on the cards is pixel art & quite cute. Good game.

PS: My Tiny Epic Kingdoms finally arrived also (the day after Villages).

2 down 11 to go eh @A3n

I dig Tiny Epic Kingdoms.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 27th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My wife and I taught Love Letter to her sister today before dinner. Her sister is definitely a non-gamer, but she liked it. We played four games and we each won one, then her sister won the last one. We did have to keep reminding her every time that she played a Guard that "you can't choose a Guard."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
2 down 11 to go eh @A3n
Yeah, rookie that he is, he probably hasn't added any new ones in since then like someone else I could mention...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; November 27th, 2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: COUGHmeCOUGH
Old November 27th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
My wife and I taught Love Letter to her sister today before dinner. Her sister is definitely a non-gamer, but she liked it. We played four games and we each won one, then her sister won the last one. We did have to keep reminding her every time that she played a Guard that "you can't choose a Guard." .
Yeah, the "you can't choose a Guard" is certainly a staple reminder for newbs to the game

Quote:

Quote:
2 down 11 to go eh @A3n
Yeah, rookie that he is, he probably hasn't added any new ones in since then like someone else I could mention...
Can't remember if the Omen/Hemloch KS ended before or after that discussion, as that was my last KS. But I did order Warfighter: Tactical Special Forces Card game recently, as well as Downwood Tales expansion for Mice and Mystics, using my Plaidhat bucks from testing it. So not much KS for me, but getting some stuff anyway.

I'm sure you @Jim has KS at least 5 since that other discussion

Old November 27th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Just 1...

And it's not even a game.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
Old November 27th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Played Battlestar Galactica tonight
Old November 27th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Just 1...

And it's not even a game.
Cool. Looks like LoWD money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Played Battlestar Galactica tonight
Were you the Toaster?

Old November 28th, 2014, 04:48 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Re: Jim's Coins

I have the option to get four kinds of play Age of Conan coins for my first kickstarter, which cost actual money, but look great--possibly by the same people. They look very barbaric! You can replace the cardboard coins in the original game with them.
Old November 28th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Monokidnatic

Quote:
Exactly, and not coincidentally. (LoWD=Lords of Waterdeep, for the acronymically challenged)

Scaper of the Week #17

Last edited by Jim; November 28th, 2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: See what I did there? <grin>
Old November 28th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly, and not coincidentally. (LoWD=Lords of Waterdeep, for the acronymically challenged)

He he, I saw what you did there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games