Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 25th, 2014, 10:12 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Didn't watch it last night, but don't know about anybody else, but come April, it will be something I watched last night... Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2!!!

Old November 26th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Interstellar was good. Really nice blend of good story about human beings with old-fashioned science fiction. It still had plenty of implausible/impossible stuff. But it felt more like old school Sci-fi than any movie I remember seeing.

Spoiler Alert!
I have mixed feelings about the movie too. The relativity thing was really cool and showed how it would really work. The wacky stuff at the end reminded me of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Old November 26th, 2014, 12:52 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Well I guess tomorrow I can now say that Last Night I WATCHED the trailer for the next Paul Blart movie, "Mall Cop 2" due out in April. The good thing is: they condensed all a plot summary and all the best parts into 2 minutes and 39 seconds, so I won't have to waste two hours of my life sitting ion a theater regretting the money I spent on the ticket. I sorry that I'm so critical of this film that hasn't even been released, but having grown up with a daily dose of Three Stooges vaudeville slapstick - I no longer see the humor in this juvenile silliness. Obviously, I did *NOT* enjoy "Mall Cop #1," but if you did and are looking forward to seeing more of Paul Blart's inanity, just ignore my comments.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:53 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I have mixed feelings about the movie too. The relativity thing was really cool and showed how it would really work. The wacky stuff at the end reminded me of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
"Mixed feelings" sounds more negative than I meant to convey. I think it was a pretty good Sci-fi movie with a few minor things that felt contrived.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, that's about where I'm at with it too, Caps. I liked Inception and The Prestige (not to mention all the Dark Knight movies and Memento better), but I'm still glad I saw it.

In case you couldn't tell, Nolan's my favorite director.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 26th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Heavy Metal. As far as serious 'adult' oriented animated movies go, The Wall and Fantasia blow this out of the water. If I was 13 I would have liked this movie a lot better because boobs, but it's kind of silly in parts outside of the blatantly unnecessary topless fantasy themed women. Still a decent movie though, the stoner aliens piloting the spaceship were hilarious.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 26th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Heavy Metal. As far as serious 'adult' oriented animated movies go, The Wall and Fantasia blow this out of the water. If I was 13 I would have liked this movie a lot better because boobs, but it's kind of silly in parts outside of the blatantly unnecessary topless fantasy themed women. Still a decent movie though, the stoner aliens piloting the spaceship were hilarious.
"Good niborg man."

The original is certainly better than the sequel. I still enjoy Heavy Metal, but I may be 13 still at heart, boobs! The last story was very good.

Check out Fire and Ice.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 26th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I saw Heavy Metal when I was about 13 and I barely remember it. Though I remember enjoying it. Fire and Ice was very good; I watched it in college.

Edit: Let's not forget Wizards!
Double Edit: Or Bakshi's Lord of the Rings.

Old November 26th, 2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, that's about where I'm at with it too, Caps. <...snip/snip...>
Yup, me three...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
~~lol~~ ...thanks for the chuckle... I never considered putting "The Wall" and "Fantasia" in the same category, or even the same sentence. OBTW: Today I purchased a $7.oo DVD with the colorized version of the original Judy Garland "The Wizard of Oz," and was actually thinking about getting a CD copy of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album to play simultaneously in the background.

@ParaGoomba ~ Your comment about "the stoner aliens" reminded me of an old film that I think was titled "Aliens in the Attic," that I vaguely remember enjoying about as much as "Spaceballs," in spite of a lack of any serious "unnecessary topless fantasy." I guess there's still some 13 year-old-ness in every red-blooded, breast-fed, American male. I'll have to watch them both again for a scientific comparative study of literary form and dramatic content ; - )

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE - Don't drink too much turkey. I'll be going OFF-LINE for two weeks during a trip to central Fla. ~ John G. (O)ver & (O)ut

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
OBTW: Today I purchased a $7.oo DVD with the colorized version of the original Judy Garland "The Wizard of Oz,"
...You DO know... that The Wizard of Oz... was actually in color originally, right? (Please tell me you knew!)

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; November 26th, 2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: PLEASE!!!!!
Old November 26th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Follow the ecru brick road ... follow the ecru brick road ... follow the follow follow ecru brick road!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 26th, 2014, 11:58 PM

@Jim ~~lol~~ thank fo rthe information. I guess my ignorance of the cinematic industry is showing. It must have been color in the movie theaters, but I can only remember watching it on my parents BLACK & WHITE television sets. Yes my youngling friends, there was a time when ALL TV transmissions were only in B&W, and I'm old enough to have lived through those Dark Days in the middle last century.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies