Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Stinger Drain Question -- WARNING -- Extreme noob content

When a Marro Stinger gets +1 attack when using Stinger Drain, do they keep that bonus all game? I wouldn't think so, but on the card it says "add 1 to the attack value of this card." My brother and I were having a disagreement yesterday, during a game, and agreed on only one turn. Was that right? Thanks.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM

Teka555 has disabled reputation
I can see the confusion, but there are a lot of other figures that can add attack die under certain conditions and sadly it is only for one turn. The only reason it would be for a round or the entire game is if it said- for the round or entire game like the negotiations glyph.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:30 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Re: Stinger Drain Question -- WARNING -- Extreme noob conten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine
When a Marro Stinger gets +1 attack when using Stinger Drain, do they keep that bonus all game? I wouldn't think so, but on the card it says "add 1 to the attack value of this card." My brother and I were having a disagreement yesterday, during a game, and agreed on only one turn. Was that right? Thanks.
it is for only that turn...

yer next turn with them ye may or may not roll for it again..
the card states: after moving and before attacking

so after yer movement phase ye may or may not roll for it

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:44 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Yes, that is unfortunately, true. Before we knew that it didn't stack, my friend and I were playing a game, and my stingers had 13+ attack and the highest point of the battlefield.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy
Yes, that is unfortunately, true. Before we knew that it didn't stack, my friend and I were playing a game, and my stingers had 13+ attack and the highest point of the battlefield.
geez
it would be nice if it stacked...
talk about running a 400ish point army..
it wouldna matter if ye killed one or 5 pumping them up...

ye'd mow everything down after a few rounds.

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:41 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
If it was meant to stack, the card would specify a way to keep track of it. Wait&Fire, Stinger Drain, etc.... these specials only apply on a per turn basis. The attack value resets with each new turn.

If an increased attack value was supposed to stack from one turn to the next, then the unit would come with special markers to keep track of it, like the Tagawa Samurai. Unless of course the tracking mechanicsm resides within the mecahnics of the game; such as Krug's Wounded Smash, his wounds are the tracker for the additional attack die.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:24 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
If it was meant to stack, the card would specify a way to keep track of it. Wait&Fire, Stinger Drain, etc.... these specials only apply on a per turn basis. The attack value resets with each new turn.

If an increased attack value was supposed to stack from one turn to the next, then the unit would come with special markers to keep track of it, like the Tagawa Samurai. Unless of course the tracking mechanicsm resides within the mecahnics of the game; such as Krug's Wounded Smash, his wounds are the tracker for the additional attack die.
I bow to your superior wisdom.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:01 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean

Do any other units have special markers such at Tagawa Samurai? Learn something new every day.
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie
Do any other units have special markers such at Tagawa Samurai? Learn something new every day.
For all your marker needs:
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=11895
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Wow, after going back and looking at the card, I could definately see how that would be confusing. There is nothing on the card stating that it only lasts for one turn or round. I've never played it that way, but could definately see how one could interpret it that way. Although, I bet you could create a unique squad with that ability, make them melee, and make their base attack 0... Hmm... I sense a custom coming on.
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:54 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD997
Quote:
Wow, after going back and looking at the card, I could definately see how that would be confusing. There is nothing on the card stating that it only lasts for one turn or round. I've never played it that way, but could definately see how one could interpret it that way. Although, I bet you could create a unique squad with that ability, make them melee, and make their base attack 0... Hmm... I sense a custom coming on.
Maybe like a varying point value, as in spend this many points, get 4 attack markers... spend this many, get 6 attack markers... etc. Not sure how practical it is, but just thinking out loud. (sort of)
Old March 28th, 2008, 01:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD997
Quote:
Maybe like a varying point value, as in spend this many points, get 4 attack markers... spend this many, get 6 attack markers... etc. Not sure how practical it is, but just thinking out loud. (sort of)
I actually had a custom like this, but never made a card for it. It was something like "for every additional 25 points you spend on <unit>, <unit> rolls 1 additional attack and defense die." It had a base cost besides and 0A/0D, so you had to spend quite a bit to make it worthwhile. I'll try to find it later.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's