Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 17th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I scored 98 points in Above and Below for the win! Came in 3rd in Near and Far.

Old November 18th, 2019, 03:37 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I played Marvel Champions LCG last night and played it again this morning solo. I played as Spiderman vs Rhino. Last night's game was my first time playing and lost, but this morning Spidey took it to Rhino and won.

Fun game. There is also Klaw and Utron as villains, as well as Black Panther, Iron Man, She-Hulk and Captain Marvel as the other heroes in the core set. Captain America, Green Goblin and The Wrecking Crew are upcoming releases, as they have a monthly release schedule.

I have been playing this a ton, 2 player and solo. I think it is great and the fact that it is challenging to win means it will make it back to the table often.
Old November 18th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I played Marvel Champions LCG last night and played it again this morning solo. I played as Spiderman vs Rhino. Last night's game was my first time playing and lost, but this morning Spidey took it to Rhino and won.

Fun game. There is also Klaw and Utron as villains, as well as Black Panther, Iron Man, She-Hulk and Captain Marvel as the other heroes in the core set. Captain America, Green Goblin and The Wrecking Crew are upcoming releases, as they have a monthly release schedule.

I have been playing this a ton, 2 player and solo. I think it is great and the fact that it is challenging to win means it will make it back to the table often.
For sure going to get played a lot. In fact, I played 3 more times yesterday, 2 with the pre-made Captain Marvel deck, winning 1 and losing 1. Then played 2 handed, with Spidey and Captain Marvel and won.

That's 5 games alone with just those 2 heroes vs the basic Rhino. Spidey always with Justice aspect and Captain Marvel always with Aggression aspect. I can switch those aspects for them, or play Protection or Leadership aspects with them. Then of course there are the various combinations aspects with Iron Man, Black Panther and She-Hulk.

Additionally, there is Klaw and Ultron to go against. Also, the 5 different villain modules that have different difficulty ratings and candy be alternated between the different villains.

Add to that, the different combinations of heroes that can be played and different player counts. There is a ton of replayability in just the core set.

I can't wait to get Captain America as well. It's neat how the different heroes feel different and thematic to their character.

The Green Goblin villain set looks awesome too. It's cool that in his Norman Osborn state, you can't attack him directly but only attack his criminal enterprise. When that makes him mad enough, he flips over to Green Goblin and Pumpkin Bombs you. He can be attacked as Green Goblin but can heal and also there's a mechanic where he will flip back over to Norman Osborn again. There are also 2 different villain modules in that set.

The Wrecking Crew looks tobe fun too, as all 4 of them will be out, with their own villain card, side scheme and encounter deck. But, only one of them will be active at a time each round to attack and scheme. But you can still attack any of them or thwart any scheme.

There is really a lot of great stuff already for and coming up for this game. Glad you're digging it too G-O.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 18th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm curious about people's responses to these questions. I'll give my answers.

1) What are the five best two-player games? 1775 Rebellion, 7 Wonders Duel, BattleLore, Battleship Galaxies, Twilight Struggle

2) What are the five best expansions for board games? Amber Mines (Near and Far), Desert Labyrinth and Underforest (Above and Below), Dragon Realm (Prophecy), Hades (Cyclades), Unseen Forces (Elder Sign)

Old November 19th, 2019, 12:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

1). Omen: A Reign of War, Guild Ball, Star Wars Legion, Frostgrave, Summoner Wars.

2). Britannia and Germania expansion for Concordia. Salsa for Concordia. Temple of Madness for Rangers of Shadow Deep. Invaders from Afar for Scythe. Urban Structures for Flash Point Fire Rescue.

Old November 19th, 2019, 12:45 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

#1 depends on who your opponent is

For #2, I doubt there are 5 good expansions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 19th, 2019, 01:28 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't play enough 2 player games to comment on that question.

As for expansions, I liked both of the Firefly expansions that added a new section of the game board to the map. If I had to pick between the two, the one with Miranda & Mr. Universe on it was the better of the two. Then I liked the Spartacus expansion that gave you the Primus and the huge 2v1 champion guy. Since we play 4-6 players on that one, letting 4 players get in on the gladiator fights was pretty nice.
Old November 19th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

1. Heroscape 2. Gloomhaven 3. Sentinels of the Multiverse 4. Terraforming Mars 5. San Juan

(I just listed my five favorite games, all of which work great at two players).

Expansions

1. The first expansion for Kingsburg really made that game
2. Spartacus expansions that allow you to have team matches in the Arena are great
3. I quite like the expansion to The Grizzled
4. Dominion has a ton of great expansions
5. Sentinels of the Multiverse has a ton of great expansions too

That'd be my list!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Well heck, it would have been easier if I had done what you did @IAmBatman

Old November 19th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I play all of those games with 2 players just as much if not more than I play them at any other player counts, so no reason to make it hard.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

I kind of miss Gloomhaven, but I only got like 7 plays of it with my daughters. They stopped wanting to play games, except for a rare occasion I can guilt them into playing a short game. I didn't want to play Gloomhaven solo, so I had to let it go.

Pretty much the same with Heroscape. I had played it a lot with my nephew and also with my brother in-law and some with my daughters. But my nephew got too busy over the last 2 years of high school, then went to college and after that moved to Chicago. Brother in-law has lost interest, along with my daughters. So I just sold most of my Heroscape collection last Saturday to Legoboy, as he will use it for his after school game club with students. I just kept some of rhe minis I can use in fantasy tabletop miniatures games, as well as the trees, bushes, rock formations, castles and Marvel buildings. It was a good run, but had to let it go.

Last edited by Hahma; November 21st, 2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old November 21st, 2019, 10:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

I did play Marvel Champions living card game again last night. First time with Black Panther. Played him solo with the Protection aspect and lost vs Rhino. I'll give it another go tonight. He's a little trickier solo because of all the tech upgrades you want to get in your play area early, and then you can only activate them with the Wakanda Forever cards when they come out. Also, the Protection aspect may be better when playing along side with at least one other hero. Maybe have to try Justice or Aggression aspects with him solo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games