Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 26th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Book of Sentinels of Grax

The Book of Sentinels of Grax

C3V Wave 7 - Oreld's Orders - Orcs and Animata

Printer Friendly PDF

The figures used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Galactic Guardians set. Its model names are Cardinal Raker and Cardinal of the UCT.

Character Bio: Nobody knows who created the Sentinels of Grax or why. They only know that when the Sentinels emerge from their towering obelisk in the salt flats north of the Keung River, death will follow.

Special Powers
Quote:
Quantum Reconstruction:
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you may, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed Sentinels of Grax on a space adjacent to a Sentinel of Grax you control.

Levitation:
Sentinels of Grax do not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles they move onto or occupy.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: What rules are considered "effects from terrain tiles"?
    A: As a rule of thumb, any rule that derives from a flat space your figure can stand on.
    Thus, effects that would be considered from terrain tiles include: having to stop when entering water or lava, damage from lava or lava field, movement bonuses and penalties such as from road, heavy snow, or slippery ice, or the defense bonus from shadow tiles. Effects that would not be considered from terrain tiles include: having to count elevation when moving up, falling damage, having to go around or climb over obstacles, the defense bonus from jungle pieces, and the special rules associated with battlements, ladders, and destructible objects.

Q: If one Sentinel dies and the other Sentinel gets Mind Shackled, can the new owner use Quantum Reconstitution to resurrect the dead Sentinel under his control?
    A: Yes.

Q: Is a Sentinel stopped when moving into Swirling Vortex?

Q: Can Levitation be used when moved by Shield Push?
    A: Yes and no. The Sentinel will not take any falling damage, but the ability to ignore terrain effects is optional and therefore cannot be used when moved with Shield Push.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - HATAMOTO TARO : Adjacent Tough
    As figures who follow Einar, Sentinels of Grax may bolster Hatamoto Taro's defence through his ADJACENT TOUGH special power.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - CONCAN THE KYRIE WARRIOR : Knight and Sentinel Enhancement
    As Sentinels, the Sentinels of Grax may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior’s KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Ranking & Master Index
Kind of like melee marro warriors with double the stats and price and half the figure count. Awfully swingy, but like Marro Warriors they can be a near auto-win in some endgame scenarios. B+

Unit Strategy Review- TBA

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by superfrog; January 22nd, 2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old January 27th, 2017, 06:52 AM

Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Sentinels of Grax

As sentinels, Sentinels of Grax may benefit of Concan's knight and sentinel enhancement. ;o)
Old January 27th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Thanks! Completely forgot he did that thing.

~ Lazy Orang, who has noticed that Adjacent Tough is missing from most books - not that it matters, though, you'll never use it.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 27th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

One thing I did not tell you in advance, LO, is that people will hop in to suggest corrections, as needed. It's part of the process.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 27th, 2017, 10:33 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm sure the answer is "Do What The Card Says," but for clarification -- a Sent O'Grax using Levitation to ignore terrain can still control a glyph on that terrain, correct? And Levitation is optional -- so they can still use Roads or Shadow, correct?
Old January 27th, 2017, 11:25 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The "may" makes it optional, so I guess levitation only helps with crossing water, lava/lava field, and heavy snow/slippery ice. I am pretty sure you cannot ignore glyphs, as they are not part of the terrain tiles. I am not aware of any power that depends on what terrain an opponent is on, but I suppose it could effect that as well. If mixed using AotP SOI and have a rule on wierded spaces, or any other map/scenario specific rules based on terrain type (i.e. The Fire Swamp's quicksand), it would ignore that too.
Old January 27th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I am not aware of any power that depends on what terrain an opponent is on, but I suppose it could effect that as well.
No it wouldn't, as they 'may ignore all effects from terrain tiles they move onto or occupy.' If they aren't on the tile, they can't ignore it - granted, that's probably the only time they'd want to ignore it, but that's how the power works, from my reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
One thing I did not tell you in advance, LO, is that people will hop in to suggest corrections, as needed. It's part of the process.
Yeah, I already had an idea of that.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 30th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The Rules Team has these R&Cs to add to the OP:

Quote:
Q: What rules are considered "effects from terrain tiles"?
A: As a rule of thumb, any rule that derives from a flat space your figure can stand on.
Thus, effects that would be considered from terrain tiles include: having to stop when entering water or lava, damage from lava or lava field, movement bonuses and penalties such as from road, heavy snow, or slippery ice, or the defense bonus from shadow tiles. Effects that would not be considered from terrain tiles include: having to count elevation when moving up, falling damage, having to go around or climb over obstacles, the defense bonus from jungle pieces, and the special rules associated with battlements, ladders, and destructible objects.

Q: If one Sentinel dies and the other Sentinel gets Mind Shackled, can the new owner use Quantum Reconstitution to resurrect the dead Sentinel under his control?

Q: Is a Sentinel stopped when moving into Swirling Vortex?

Q: Can Levitation be used when moved by Shield Push?
A: Yes and no. The Sentinel will not take any falling damage, but the ability to ignore terrain effects is optional and therefore cannot be used when moved with Shield Push.
Old January 30th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

<mispost>

Last edited by Scytale; January 30th, 2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old January 30th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Hard as ice

Updated.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:32 PM

Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker

For rebasing:
The capes come off, it's much easier to trim once they're off.
Old April 10th, 2017, 12:33 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm curious how others see these guys being used. I have two ideas on best uses for them.

1) Clean up character: send everything out and let a possible regenerating unit finish things up. Similar to the Marro Warriors.

2) Pod bodyguards: I could see running them with Krav Maga Agents and Raelin as bodyguards. Using the Krav to deal damage and draw people to you. If anything gets past the range then you move up the Sentinels of Grax. SoGys with Raelin's aura seems pretty daunting.

Any other uses found for them in play testing?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs