Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mines of Moria Campaign(Download Available, LOTR)

All three are a lot of fun, but the Mines of Moria was the funnest of the bunch. If you have enough pieces, Helm's Deep looks amazing on a table.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old January 1st, 2011, 07:03 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

One thing I did for my Hobbit scenarios was to use Sonlen's card, but Emirroon's figure, because Sonlen's powers and strength seems to fit pretty well, but Emirroon's sculpt looks far more suiting to Gandalf than Sonlen's.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 4th, 2011, 02:40 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Pete ~

You are truly amazing! This is another totally awesome creation. Let me reiterate my previous offer to move nextdoor and become your new BFF (hehe ) Please let me know if you are ever at the Jersey Shore (esp. the OC area ) - we can send the girls to the beach and then 'scape all day at my summer house... with real LOTR figures from my old Sabertooth Games' Combat Hex collection (currently in storage ).

That was a fantastic idea to use the Tarn Vikings as the Hobbits. DUH! I've been racking my brains for months, wondering what would be the best HS characters to use as substitutes for the little guys. Tandros Kreel is perfect as Aragorn, since he also has a bow and a Ranged Attack. However, I might prefer Alastair Macdirk over Sir Gilbert as Borimir, but that's the wonderful beauty of HeroScape - unless you are playing competitively in tournaments, House Rules dominate and anything goes.

One question for you though: Why did you choose Morgrimm as Gimli instead of Migol or Eldgrim? Was it because the points worked out better? I'm just curious .

I hope that my grandsons will discover Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" this year ( @ 9 & 12 they're still primarily interested in "StarWars" and "Harry Poter" ) ...so I will have justification to build and play through all three of these scenaros at home, without my wife calling those nice young men in their clean white coats to come and take me away...haha, hoho

REGARDING...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
One thing I did for my Hobbit scenarios was to use Sonlen's card, but Emirroon's figure, because Sonlen's powers and strength seems to fit pretty well, but Emirroon's sculpt looks far more suiting to Gandalf than Sonlen's.
Also a great idea . . . I don't remember Gandalf having a pet dragonette on his shoulder. I'm an old war gamer and LOVE using proxy figures to maintain the appearance of a particular theme. For instance I like to use a "World of Warcraft" Elf that I repainted as an Indian Shaman and a "Dreamscape" Indian Princess, as replacements for the Venoc Warlord and the Kyrie Raelin - when I combine them with several squads of Mohican Tribesmen to fight ( 18th Century fashion ) against the 4th Mass or 10th Foot. IMHO: As long as you are using standard "OFFICIAL" HS stat cards, so the game's basic mechanics aren't changed, almost ANY figure can be substituted as a proxy to embellish the appearance and thus enhance the simulation experience of the game.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:19 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm ok with replacing Raelin with a proxy, but how could you ever replace the Venoc Warlord and his amazing mittens of doom? Words cannot express the limits of his awesomeness.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:36 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

LOL ... yes, but he just doesn't look like a Native American, so I think of the proxy figure as a Medicine Man, who can transform himself magically into a giant snake the way George Earl Jones did in the old "Conan the Barbarian" Swartzeneger movie. Any way we're getting off the Tolkien LOTR theme of this thread, which I did not intend to hijack.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; January 5th, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
One question for you though: Why did you choose Morgrimm as Gimli instead of Migol or Eldgrim? Was it because the points worked out better? I'm just curious .
Johngee, thanks for the nice comments.

I choose Morgrimm because of his initiative bonus. The order markers are hard for the fellowship. Having initiative helps.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

There is a game called Warhammer Lord of the Rings. It has figures of the entire Fellowship. This would be great for the campaigns.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:01 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Nice maps now you should make Isengard, The Black Gate, and Minas Morgul!!!! Those would be cool!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios