Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 17th, 2007, 01:48 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Sir Denrick

The Book of Sir Denrick
Utgar's Rage - Collection 2 - "Heroes of Barrenspur"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Sir Denrick of Weston is founder and chapter master of the honorable Knights of Weston. Knighted by his king he swore a righteous oath to protect the weak, to uphold honor of oneself and others, and to punish those who would seek to harm or destroy either. To help him in this just and noble pursuit he recruited among the most valiant and loyal men. A warrior of great power of arms and mind it was at the mouth of the River Lorie that he met defeat by the jealous lords of the land and a betrayer amongst his own ranks. Lost in his own petty desires of leading and angry jealousies of his chapter master, a once honorable knight named Sir Hawthorne opened the gates of their battle fortress and led a besieging host to lay slaughter to the noble knights. It was at this moment of utter betrayal and defeat that the Valkyrie, Jandar, intervened, teleporting Sir Denrick and the remaining knights to the world of Valhalla. In Valhalla, Sir Denrick vowed to selflessly regain the Knights of Weston honor that the traitorous Black Knight Sir Hawthorne had dirtied. In battle, Sir Denrick will zealously seek out the largest and most fearsome opponents in the enemy force defeating them with the skills gained from countless victories against these behemoths of battle. (Hasbro)
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - KNIGHTS OF WESTON / MAC DIRK WARRIORS : Human Champion Bonding
    As a Human Champion, Sir Denrick may benefit from Knights of Weston and Mac Dirk Warriors HUMAN
    CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
    * Having a Valiant personality, Sir Denrick may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY
    DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Sir Denrick- With Gilbert coming out, Denrick’s value dropped significantly. However, a surge in huge figures
makes Denrick a possibility. B-

Sir Denrick
Mothballed? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=4695
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:27 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:32 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Denrick is my absolutely favorite character I would never ever use competetively. He just sucks and is easily replaced by another Human Champion. From the Mothballed thread, here's my thoughts on why Giant Killer is just a terrible ability:

Quote:
I agree, Denrick has never really been all that good. Thogrim or Finn have served the Human Champion role better for fewer points since long before Denrick first walked onto the field. Denrick's problem is twofold:

1: Giant Killer is too rare a trait to be worth spending the points on. There are only 9 huge figures in the game total. The chance your opponent is fielding one is pretty slim in most cases.

2: Denrick still sucks at fighting most of these units -

- Braxas: I've seen him fall far too many times to Braxas breath attack. Most of the time it's just an afterthought when they've poisoned 2 of the Knights and have a third breath to use. Even then with Flying it's easy for her to get height and tear through Denrick's 4 Defense faster than he can tear through her 8 life.

- Brunak: One of his better matchups actually. A couple bad rolls and Brunak can go down pretty quickly. This is probably the one opponent Denrick can beat reliably, IMO.

- Charos: Denrick has neither the Attack to reliably get through Counterstrike nor the Defenses to survive Charos's attack. He can actually win this fight, but I've seen Charos come out on top more often than not.

- Grimnak: Denrick should win this, but a lucky Chomp roll will take that away from you pretty quickly.

- Jotun: Jotun's superior movement often gets him the first strike, which on a poor roll might be all it takes to deal with Denrick. This is again one of his better matchups though.

- Krug: This fight seems to go 50:50. Either Denrick gets in a couple quick wounds and then finishes off Krug in the next round with a big attack, or Krug gets wounded and rips open Denrick with that big can opener he carries around.

- Mimring: Mimring flutters around Denrick spewing flames until he goes down. The only time Denrick has ever beat him was with an assassin strike when my opponent wasn't paying attention. Nobody paying attention should let Mimring get in melee with Denrick.

- Nilfheim: This turns into a cross between the Mimring and Braxas fights. If the ground is uneven, it's easy for Nilf to rain ice shards down as he plays keep away. If there's less terrain, it's not too hard for Nilf to get in a good position and tear through Denrick with 7 attack.

- Su-Bak-Na: This can go well for Denrick. Su usually gets in a good shot though and Denrick isn't worth much after the battle.

I just don't see what value Denrick honestly has compared to the other Human Champions. He doesn't boost anyone around him, he's not that much stronger, and his one trick just doesn't work in practice. Honestly I've been toying with the idea of letting Giant Killer work on Large figures (or work with +1), but I hate houseruling things. Gilbert does make a mighty fine replacement at least Sad
In any case, I would never bother to take him over Gilbert unless I was simply unable to squeeze 5 more points out of my army. I absolutely love this figure, and it was one of the main reasons I bought the game in the first place, but he's simply way too situational to use in most scenarios.
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:03 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Unfortunately with the new addition of Gilbert, Denrick has been pushed to one side in my eyes. I would only pick Denrick over Gilbert if i was battling an opponent with a huge figure. Sorry Den!
Old May 25th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I think Denrick is still a quality player. There's enough opponents playing with figures such as Jotun, Krug, Braxas, Nilf, etc that he can pull his weight. If placed right he can gain height because of his 1 base versus the double base of the huge figures. Even if he doesn't defeat the huge players, 9 times out of ten he at least does his cost worth of damage to them. 7 atk (height) against Jotun's 4 def can certainly put a dent in the giant's plans.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:10 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
There are other figures that have 6 attack and are 100ish points. Drake & Carr.

I'd still much rather just have the kozuke anyways.
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
He might be good again in a couple months when the third large expansion comes out. He can also put a decent-sized dent in Tor-Kul-Na and the Hive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 6th, 2007, 03:16 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
Oh ho! But what if the key to Sir D isn't in his Giant Killer but in his Coward's Reward?

Unit Strategy Review: How to Use Sir Denrick commin' soon!

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old October 6th, 2007, 03:20 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzikthedoor
Oh ho! But what if the key to Sir D isn't in his Giant Killer but in his Coward's Reward?

Unit Strategy Review: How to Use Sir Denrick commin' soon!
Disengagement is so uncommon that Coward's Reward doesn't save him. Besides, the Knights have better survivability then Denrick, and with Gilbert, you have a gazillion people in armor with Coward's Reward. I just don't see it happening.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 6th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
A valid point which will be addressed. Hmm...if people never disengage, how best to make them pay...?

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:23 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
i hate seeing sir denrick coming up to my hive, he has the power to 1 or 2 shot it . he really has some uses, the reward is like a cyberclaw but ur allowed to move u just gotta take a 2 dice chance. and he has some good use against giants, i have seen ranged squads hurt krug and denrick finished him easily.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:55 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I made a 'Valiant' team as part of a 500-point army which was:

Sir Gilbert
2x Knights of Weston
1x Templar Cavalry
2x 4th mass line

I found that the Cavalry were taken down too quickly so I'm think of adding Denrick instead, that way one team of Knights can go with Gil and the other with Den.
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:30 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I made a 'Valiant' team as part of a 500-point army which was:

Sir Gilbert
2x Knights of Weston
1x Templar Cavalry
2x 4th mass line

I found that the Cavalry were taken down too quickly so I'm think of adding Denrick instead, that way one team of Knights can go with Gil and the other with Den.
Except that your army is 505 points.

At last year's Beantown Beatdown, 4 people showed up with Knights x2, 4th Mass x2, Gilbert and ?. I had AE (valiant before the drop and after their death), others included Alastair, Drake, and Concan/Gilbert. I think you'd only want Denrick if you knew there would be Huge figures in the battle.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units