Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 9th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Those are neat. Are those control panels?
Old May 10th, 2019, 12:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Those are neat. Are those control panels?
They are Comms Stations. At least that's what they are listed as. So basically communication station/console for objectives where thematically you need to either send signals/messages or destroy them/stop opponent from using them.

But could also be used as a control panel in a scenario that it may activate something specific. Several uses I can see for various games and making up scenarios.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 10th, 2019, 06:18 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Pre-prainted?
Old May 10th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool. Pre-prainted?
Me-painted

Old May 10th, 2019, 10:37 AM

Nice work.
Old May 10th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks!

Old May 11th, 2019, 11:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Almost done with the TX-225 GAVw Occupier Combat Assault Tank Unit for Star Wars Legion. I just have to varnish it and work on the base, which is a big oval shaped one.

I'm not gluing the crew into the tank so that I can remove them to have a destroyed tank terrain piece after it gets destroyed, or to have it start out the game as an abandoned tank terrain piece. Also not gluing the pintle weapons on so can switch them out and not gluing the commander's arms so I can pose them to fit the weapons when switching out. The side turrets aren't glued either, so that they can be rotated up or down. I don't want to glue it to the base, so maybe I will try framing the tracks with greenstuff on the base and sloping it away from the tracks for a smoother transition. This would leave slots for the tank to be set onto and hopefully work well enough to keep it on the base when I want to and be able to lift it off when I want the tank on its own for whatever reason.

Old May 12th, 2019, 03:05 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The tank looks great Hahma. Will you be magnetizing this one as well? I think if and when I pick this one up Ill magnetize it. Im curious to know the size dimensions are on that thing are.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 12th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks @TREX !

The dimensions in inches are:

6 3/4 long
3 1/8 wide at narrowest
Almost 4 1/2 wide from side gun to side gun
About 1 3/4 tall, not including commander.

I don't need to magnetize anything on the tank itself. There is a peg at the bottom of the commander torso that goes into a hole nicely to keep him secure. I left his arms unglued so I can move them to secure the gun on the pintle when I change them. The driver just sits there.

As far as the base goes, instead of drilling into the tracks to insert magnets, I figured I'd try to frame the tracks with greenstuff and a pice of foamcore. This way the tank will not slide front to back, or side to side when moving the base around during a game. I worked on the base this morning and have to wait for the greenstuff to cure before I glue on some sand and other stuff to add texture before priming and painting.

Old May 12th, 2019, 11:21 AM

Nice solution.
Old May 12th, 2019, 11:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks @Tornado !

I finished the base for the Occupier, now its done and I'm happy with the various looks I can have because of not gluing the crew, commander's arms, pintle weapons, side turrets or tank to base.

Different pintle weapon and side guns aimed higher.

Unoccupied

Easily removed from base

Old May 13th, 2019, 12:02 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Super cool. I like being able to change the look or weapons and stuff like that out on these bigger models. Cant wait til I get hold of an AtSt and an occupier tank. I wonder how it would be to use 2 of the tanks in a grand army game. Im almost done extending my game table. I had a 4x4 with a raised 3x3 in the middle of it. I added 6inches of 1/2 in foam to the sides making it a raised 4x3 board leaving 6inches on each side for player cards/setup. I already cut a 2x3 foam board that Im basing on a 2.5x4 to butt up next to the 4x3. That will give me a 4x6.5 table with a 6in edge that wraps around 1 side leaving room on both sides for cards and a middle part for tokens and a shared dice rolling area. Im all but done with the main board but still need to finish the expansion. Also Im almost done with about 6 buildings, and am done painting all my other Imperial industrial looking terrain(over 100 individual pieces) along with having buildings for my various worlds these will also be used as interior for a star destroyer or death star board. Still much to do.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures