Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 21st, 2019, 10:00 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

to review Swaysil. It should be interesting to see where the tension between those two powers falls during play.
Old August 21st, 2019, 10:14 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Just wanna jump in and say I've always loved this design and glad it's back in the mix. Hoping it gets some love from the judges. We're due for a Centaur!

EDIT: my only concern would be basing actually now that I look at the mini. Have you rebased it already? I'd be curious to see what it looks like and if it's balanced on a 2-hex (assuming it's a 2-hex mini?)
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I posted a picture of her, but after looking through my old posts I couldn't find it, so I'll go ahead and repost it here:

She is held up by a transparent support ala the Deathwings. I honestly haven't rebased her, I don't have any extra bases, but I'm confident she'd fit just fine with no problems on a double-base.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 21st, 2019, 10:17 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Yeah, she would definitely be fine on a double, I was also curious if she'd need the support as a requirement when rebasing. Looking at the picture, it looks like she'd be pretty off balance without it...I've just never rebased with a support like that. Wondering if it's very hard.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 21st, 2019, 10:39 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I like the design. I think a Centaur should be a bit beefer, but I guess she isn't that strong of a centaur (she is an archer after all)

I have the figure and it is a good fit with the rest of heroscape and Ullar can always use more units.

to review

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 21st, 2019, 10:43 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Are her back hooves "attached" to the base, so to speak? Or is she supported entirely by the pole?
Old August 21st, 2019, 10:59 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Are her back hooves "attached" to the base, so to speak? Or is she supported entirely by the pole?
The hooves are indeed attached. I think in theory, you'd cut her off the base (with no issue, cuz we're theory-ing here) and then glue the fig to the base, centering the transparent support in the middle of the narrow section of the double base. I'm thinking I might need to go ahead and get some bases and try it out soon-ish.

Last edited by Maklar the Silver Prince; August 21st, 2019 at 11:00 PM. Reason: And thus I hit 1000 posts. Talking about a "post." I planned that.
Old August 21st, 2019, 11:11 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Swaysil quite a bit. She looks like a fun and aggressive clean-up unit, and centaurs are one of the few things that I've felt is "missing" from HeroScape (plus, they're a perfect fit for Ullar, who rarely receives new units nowadays).

That said, I would like to see that it is possible to base her well on a peanut before voting yes. Because she's double-spaced, I expect that most players who buy her sculpt will want to rebase it, so as a precaution I'd like to see how it looks first. The picture certainly helps, but I'm still a little concerned about the flight stand complicating matters.
Old August 21st, 2019, 11:17 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

If memory serves, last time I tested her I assumed she was single-based. The mini really isn't that large, and the pose makes it fit on a single easily.
Old August 21st, 2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
If memory serves, last time I tested her I assumed she was single-based. The mini really isn't that large, and the pose makes it fit on a single easily.
I'm sure (or hoping haha) that your memory is wrong here. The mini is not particularly large, and the pose makes her fit, but she was double-based last time she went through the SoV. I did try to make her single-based early on when designing her, but switched over to decrease the mobility, and also because she does take up enough of 2 hexs, even if you can fit the parts on the ground into 1 hex. You can see in the pic, she's about as long as the Grok Rider is.

Old August 21st, 2019, 11:49 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thematically, I'd like to see centaurs being double-spaced like the various cavalry squads. A single-spaced centaur doesn't feel quite right to me.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 11:43 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I liked Swaysil of the Northlands, but was not comfortable with her power at the pricepoint. I think the changes will go a long way to address that.

to review Swaysil
Old August 23rd, 2019, 07:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

to review Swaysil. She looks fun and distinct to play.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs