Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old July 12th, 2011, 11:14 AM

Chaotick is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Classifying downloads

Hopefully I'm in the right forum bit for this.
Like most 'Scapers (I think) I like to use downloaded maps as scenarios, since they're generally awesome like their creators. The problem is that I often have to re-examine everything in order to see what materials are used, which is somewhat impeding. Some maps don't even list their components, at which I have to download the thing regardlessly and carefully examine the building plan.

For this, it would be nice to see a classifying system that is more reliable than the current tag system: as tags don't allow less than 3 digits, I cannot insert quantities of sets, which means I get a lot of maps I can't construct due to using too many sets. In that same aspect, all the maps with components which exceed my tags are also thrown in.

A classifying system in which it is obliged to enter what sets are used in which quantities would be convenient: no more endless browsing. The obvious problem would be all the maps that are already uploaded: it would be difficult to reclassify them all. Still, I'd like to know what others think about it and whether it'd be worth some thought.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online