Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 24th, 2010, 08:04 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker
Hydra vs. Counterstrike

Alright, playtesters, here comes the endless barrage of rules questions you've been expecting.

If the hydra recieves wounds during an attack (via counterstrike), do those wounds count toward the number of attacks, or do you ignore them for the rest of your turn? My instinct is to ignore them, but I just wanna make sure. Whadya think?

EDIT: I changed my vote. My guess is as jschild says. It would just suck if you got a bad roll on the first attack. Oh well.

DOUBLE EDIT: 100th post. Hooray for me!

Last edited by Frylock; February 24th, 2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hydra vs. Counterstrike

I'd say you can have as many attacks as you have heads, so if you have 4 heads, then CS happens on the very first attack, then you only have 2 attacks left, not 3.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

That's my guess too, but I'm not 100% sure.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:41 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've always played that if krug got counterstruck on his first attack, his second attack gets a lot bigger. If Syvarris gets counterstruck and dies on his first attack, he doesn't get to make a second attack.

I would say a hydra dies if he gets counterstruck for enough wounds and I would say if he survives the next attacks would be less because of less life left.

I would try and get him to not be adjacent to something with counterstrike and instead keep him at 2 range.
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I've always played that if krug got counterstruck on his first attack, his second attack gets a lot bigger. If Syvarris gets counterstruck and dies on his first attack, he doesn't get to make a second attack.

I would say a hydra dies if he gets counterstruck for enough wounds and I would say if he survives the next attacks would be less because of less life left.

I would try and get him to not be adjacent to something with counterstrike and instead keep him at 2 range.
Yeah keep him back and use reach, but yes each attack is handle differently so if he loses heads during attacking because of Counterstrike or Evil Eye, then he will have his subsequent attacks reduced.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:41 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Yeah keep him back and use reach, but yes each attack is handle differently so if he loses heads during attacking because of Counterstrike or Evil Eye, then he will have his subsequent attacks reduced.
Hmmm... I wonder if is just talking about Gurei-Oni here, or if Torin has Evil Eye also and this is a subtle hint....

It's never to early to begin the speculation.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Hmmm... I wonder if is just talking about Gurei-Oni here, or if Torin has Evil Eye also and this is a subtle hint....

It's never to early to begin the speculation.
So text is the new shelf?
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:25 AM

Unisus Woo who?

Letīs get this visually: when the Hydra attacks with itīs first head, a counterstrike should primarily hit this head - if more than one wound is inflicted, other heads will fall too.

Iīm not sure if the rules specify, when to decide the number of attacks a unit has. I donīt think, its as easy as with Krugīs ability becouse of this: My Hydra had two successful attacks and fails the third against a counterstriker, who inflicts three wounds on the Hydra - now it has only one attack, while it attacked already three times.

Iīd do it like this: maximum number of attacks per aktivation is the number of heads at the beginning of this aktivation - maximum attacks left is the number of heads left.
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:35 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

It seems to me that counterstrike would be a response to the attack - I'd be responding to the head that just attacked first. So, if the hydra attacks Charros with the first attack and Charros rolled 1 counterstrike hit, the head that attacked would be gone and the Hydra would have 3 attacks left. If Charros rolled 2 counterstrike hits then 2 heads are gone and the Hydra has only two attacks remaining.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's