Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 29th, 2015, 08:13 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery

Played Black Fleet and finished our Imperial Assault campaign yesterday. The rebels failed to complete their/our objective in the last round. I have to say I like Descent better even though they are essentially the same game. I like Star Wars, but I believe we have too much SW with Xwing, Armada, Imperial Assault, and SW Scape, not to mention every SW Lego and book and (you get the picture). We are going to start a new Shadows of Brimstone campaign tomorrow, if all goes well. CatScaper asked to play, which is all I needed to hear.
I Almost finished working on my custom Union Troops for SOB, made a alternative version of hexcrawl to allow for 6 fortresses to be on the map and got it approve by Paddirn from BGG, at some point I'll upload it but been kinda dragging my feet on the last 3 common bosses for the Union Military Faction.

Also Finished my Wild West 3D town:
That town would be perfect for Wild West Exodus miniatures game. Nice work.
Old November 29th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Played Black Fleet and finished our Imperial Assault campaign yesterday. The rebels failed to complete their/our objective in the last round. I have to say I like Descent better even though they are essentially the same game. I like Star Wars, but I believe we have too much SW with Xwing, Armada, Imperial Assault, and SW Scape, not to mention every SW Lego and book and (you get the picture). We are going to start a new Shadows of Brimstone campaign tomorrow, if all goes well. CatScaper asked to play, which is all I needed to hear.
I Almost finished working on my custom Union Troops for SOB, made a alternative version of hexcrawl to allow for 6 fortresses to be on the map and got it approve by Paddirn from BGG, at some point I'll upload it but been kinda dragging my feet on the last 3 common bosses for the Union Military Faction.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If only I knew someone that had WWE.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 29th, 2015, 09:05 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, I am pretty jealous of that town
Old November 29th, 2015, 11:22 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

This is the Fortress with the Prairie Side up

This is most of the buildings with the Desert Side up

The board in the middle of the table has 2 reversible sides, to save room.

For Wild West Exodus I have these figures I'm using for custom Enemies/Hero Choices in Shadows of Brimstone.

I've never actually played WWE, dispute that I own so many of the figures lol. My girlfriend doesn't like strategy war games so I got into Shadows of Brimstone so we could Co-op togather, shes a big fan of the Diablo games, and SOB is similar in design.

So I used foam board 1/4th of a inch to created the gaps in between the stairs, it allows for Heroscape or bigger bases to easily fit but snug enough they don't fall out. I use Elmer's Wood Glue or Gorilla Wood Glue, both work about the same but you'll want to make the foam so that the board balances on it, so it can be removed after the glue is dry. The only issue with this technique is make sure you use a fairly long piece of Foam board or you might mess the pitch of your step having the back or front being to high or low.

@Tornado - yeah I don't post very often, I was a lurker for around 3 years before I started really posting.

@Jormi_Boced - Don't get to jealous i'm still trying to find a way to create some form of easy traveling packaging and a better storage system.

@Gurei-Ornery and Hahma - I kinda want to play at some point lol, I really wanna get rolling thunder for the Union. I also was in the second kickstarter so I should be getting the Golden Army & Confederates sometime in a few months.

On more to the topic of the thread, I did play recently at a friend's house Tiny Epic: Galaxies Which was really fun, she enjoyed it alot more than I did so I secretly got it for her for Christmas (Kickstarter Edition via Ebay) I never mentioned it on these forums, but I have also played alot of Sentinels of The Multiverse, I normally play Wraith with a play style for board control.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old November 29th, 2015, 11:55 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. If only I knew someone that had WWE.
I could probably scrounge up a couple ............ hundred WWX minis if needed.
Old November 29th, 2015, 11:55 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:

*AWESOME* Nice work. You certainly are quite talented. +Rep sent.

It reminds me of the one time I played "Gut Shot" with @fallow and @ Tom, but I believe his town buildings were pre-fad plastic RR Modeling kits. Still it was very visually thematic and fun. I've always wanted to create some dungeon-crawl type scenarios for HeroScape characters, like a simplified "Descent" or "Shadows of Brimstone" without all the crazy fantasy that HS offers.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old November 30th, 2015, 07:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

G1Shark,

Very nice work! Is your town 25mm?
Old November 30th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I could probably scrounge up a couple ............ hundred WWX minis if needed.
Yeah, I knew you had some, but never seen any cool pictures of them in action.

I wish someone closer to where I live had them.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 30th, 2015, 08:14 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas

G1Shark,

Very nice work! Is your town 25mm?
They are 32mm scale, so a bit big for some figures in the 25mm range.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old November 30th, 2015, 09:06 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

G1 Shark,

Nice! I work in 54mm myself, but gets lots of ideas from and enjoy playing in smaller scales. My own largest 19th Century town game was an American Civil War wargame set in Fredericksburg, VA, where the Union made its very first river crossing assault, and then fought through the town (see for example, the film Gods and Generals). Imagine two dining tables full of several streets of huge buildings. Ironically, I collected some from the peace loving Amish in Lancaster PA, where they are sold as wooden souvenirs where the HMGS conventions are held (see my thread in Other Miniatures).

For the 20th Century I've done Stalingrad, among many others. I use the old Girder and Panel sets (whose remakes were rediscovered on this site by pal Sherman Davies not too long ago), as you can take them apart to show damage. The Russians used to let the Germans wash over them, and then emerge from secret basement garrisons in "captured" buildings to counter attack from below! Yikes!
Old November 30th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. Thank you for sharing the ladder and stairs pic.
I will have to try your technique.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 1st, 2015, 12:52 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After being on the road for 18 out of 30 days from late October to mid-November, I actually had the opportunity to play some games last week-end. We played a couple of games of Ca$h N Guns on Thanksgiving at a get-together, and then Saturday, I convinced my wife and two kids to try a game of Arcadia Quest.

They enjoyed it so much that we played through a total of four scenarios (two more to go to finish the campaign). The game is a pretty awesome mix of miniatures, dice-rolling, and chaotic action. For anyone not familiar with the game, each player has a guild of three characters, each with different abilities, and you compete with the other guilds to complete a certain number of objectives. The game plays as a series of scenarios that form a campaign, and your characters carry their equipment and rewards over from scenario to scenario. It rewards you for killing the other characters (it's pretty easy to revive your characters, so there's not a big penalty if they die), so the game often ends up as a free-for-all. As an example, in our last game, my character had to carry an objective token to my start space to win. I made a mad dash, only to be killed by one of my wife's characters, who, on the next turn was killed by one of my son's characters. He then took one step, teleported right next to his start space, and won the game. We've had a lot of laughs, and it's great fun. I'd definitely recommend it (and there's a stand-alone expansion on Kickstarter right now).

Last edited by akden; December 1st, 2015 at 11:20 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games