Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old August 13th, 2006, 07:21 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Pittsburgh Tournament results

It was a fun day of heroscape gaming yesterday. Happyjosiah and I put together the tournament and ran it. 9 people graced the gaming tables for the tournament. We had 5 maps created using stuff from 4 master sets, 3 Tundra, 5 road, 5 lava, and all the terrain from a ton of figures. We had a tundra map with glaciers, snow, slippery ice, and an attack and defense glyph. We had a lava map with two summoning glyphs and two glyphs that we said prevented lava damage as long as you were on it. We also had a forest map that used the 5 sets of trees that we owned which made it a really fun map. We had a random terrain map with a bridge and a big map with all the water and bridges with tons of road and movement glyphs. I regret to inform we took no pictures of the event. I brought a camera but was too enthralled to take pictures.

We had a good mix of armies there. I expected there to mostly be master set armies but it was spread out due to the fact that almost everyone borrowed some of my, or happyjosiah's figures. We had everyone name their armies for random fun as well. We ran the tourney using 3 pts for a win and pt differential of what the winning team had left alive. 0 pts and 0 pt differential were given to the loser. We also had a system for ties and timed ties, but that was never an issue.

The winning army with an undefeated 4-0 record with over 900 pts in differential was my friend from college, Jim. He and his "Slitherin" army mopped the boards with his uncanny ability to roll frenzy well and his ridiculous archers who got him half his kills. His army comprised of the Elite onyx vipers, 2 sets of aubrian archers, mittens, and 3 sets of the venoc vipers. All for a measly 480 pts, which happened to be the least pts spent of an army at the tournament.

The second place army was 3-1 with over 800 pts in differential and was generaled by yours truely. Entitled "Team America" (even though I disliked the movie), it was fairly successful against most armies and consisted of the krav maga agents, sgt drake alexander, the airborne elite, and major Q9 for exactly 500 pts. Since I am writing this little article I will give a little more detail about what it was like playing with this army and how it matched up. The krav maga agents did amazing despite my poor defense rolls on many of the games. They even managed to gain their pts back in every game. Sgt Drake was pretty worthless in the tourney. He either died or never fought in every game. The AE were also very disapointing. My usual drop-on-the-first-turn-followed-by-a-win-of-initiative ploy never worked. They never dropped until the 3rd or 4th turn and managed never to drop on one of the games. This was almost always served against me. They did, however, manage to tie up the armies when they did come on, and they decimated a gladiatron army, and crippled happyjosiah's army.Major Q9 was a love and hate relationship. He did alright and he sucked. He was destroying the winning viper army until I was stupid and left him on magma for two turns and got him killed. In my defense, the AE dropped and I wanted them to grenade the viper army and keep using them until they died. The AE did an alright job but it was devestating to lose Q9 to such a stupid mistake. Q9 also earned back his pts in almost every game with his queglix attack and his nice base attack of 4. Despite dumb moves I was pretty happy with my army and the way it did.

3rd place was a tie between happyjosiah and my friend Dan's army, both having 2-2 records. I forget the pt differential of the two armies, although I believe it was real close. It was somewhere in the 600s and 700s I believe. All the data from the tourney is in my friend's labtop.
Happyjosiah's army was named: "The Most Annoying Army in the History of Time", and rightly named with Charos, Elite Onyx vipers, Kelda, Saylind, and Guilty mcreech rounding out the end for exactly 500 pts. His strategy, as I bet everyone can guess, revolved around charos running around causing havoc and upon getting hurt badly, being zapped back to home base by saylind and healed by Kelda. A very good strategy and an awesome army. He stated later that he regretted not having enough range as it hurt him immensly in almost every game. The elves killed charos from far away very quickly, and the rest of his army suffered from range. The obvious strategy against this army i thought was to eliminate kelda first, then go after charos. While charos was munching on my Sgt drake I dropped the AE behind his lines and took out Kelda. I was shooting at charos and making good dents until the EOV took the out. Happyjosiah's EOV and the EOV from the viper army did amazing, always earning their pts back and succeeding in killing everything possible, from loads of drones, to Q9.

The other 3rd palce army was "Brainfreezer", from my friend Dan. His army was a ragtag of 1 skull=2skull units and consisted of the Minions, SNipers, Lava guards, Raelin, and Sylvaris, coming to 490 pts. His shooting from afar did wonders for him, and when the enemy close in he chopped them to bits with the minions. He said he took the lava guards "for laughs and the hope that it would cause any opponent to raise and eyebrow and second guess his whole army". It did fairly well overall obviously but suffered from bad rolls and was a big victim to frenzy rolls. I never had the priviledge of fighting this army, but I would have liked to see what would have happened.

5th place went to the "Techno Union", which was commanded by my friend, and future college roommate, Justin. It consisted of the Deathwalkers 8k and 9k, the microcorp agents, and the tagawa samurai for 490 pts. His annoying microcrop save rolls, along with the awesome deathwalkers and samurai managed to 1-3 in the tournament, with every game being a close one except for his second to last game against me, which was a very unfortunate and boring game consisting of my Q9 blocking passage past a bridge with height advantage taking out his entire army in a couple of turns, with me losing a krav maga in return. But most games his deathwalkers reigned destruction on all fronts, his micro corp never died without a fight, and his tagawa samurai were walking mini-charos's. He was also our only chance at the end of the tournament to defeat the viper army. In playtesting his army crushed the viper army 3 games of 3 (I should say the deathwalkers crushed the viper army), but it was not to be this game with deathwalker rolls crushing him early on. He was a good sport though and still managed to have fun despite his bad luck.

6th place went to Dan's younger brother eric, who was creator of the "Mother Goose" army: 485 pts of 5 sets of marro drones, Jotun, and a Dumutef guard. He was originally going to take charos, but we convinced him that Jotun would be more fun and that nobody was taking him yet. Pt wise it also made sense. His massive army was scary to behold in every sense. He rolled very well with his drones and managed to swarm a lot of opponents. The maps were always against him however, with a lack of room or too much "seeing space" as his army was usually decimated by long arms fire. He played the viper army but fell victim to 2 rounds of 3 venoc viper frenzy attacks each. I also did not get to go against this army. It would have been interesting to see what Jotun and 3 billion drones would have done against Q9 and the AE.

There were 4 other armies in the tourney and I apologize greatly for not remembering the statistics and placements of them. Two of them were armies from two brothers that are friends of happyjosiah and I. They came late to the tourney and got byes for 3 wins and -200 pt differential.

The elder brother ran a grut army entitled "The Orchestra", and consisted of arrow gruts, blade gruts, swog rider, tornak, nerak, grimnak, and krug for 495. His army won the last game he played even without using a ton of blade and arrow gruts.

The younger brother's army was 500pts of "Europe Through Time" with Marcus, 2x Legionarres, Izumi Samurai, Sr Denrick, knights of weston, and zettian guards.

Another army was from happyjosiah's little sis Sarah. Her" 10 Gallon hats and 10 foot wings" army starred he favorite johnny shotgun, tagawa samurai, raelin, saylind, sylvaris, guilty, and a dumutef guard for 500pts.

The last army I shall talk about was an army from an awesome little guy named Josh. He was the youngest player at the tourney and is very knowledgable despite his age. He had a "Robonaters" army consisting of Zettian guards, gorillanaters, major x17, and 3 sets of gladiatrons for 500 pts. His army should have done better than it did but josh was stricken with bad luck. He played my army on the tundra map and his lack of movement through slippery ice allowed Q9 to devestate his army. The Zettian guards worked real well for him though and managed to annoy every opponent by never dying. Josh was a great sport throughout the event and had fun the whole time.

The tournament was great fun full of laughs and tons of gaming. I would love to have another tournament and I expect to run some tournaments up at college. I shall post the results as they come. Feel free to comment as I would love to hear what everyone has to say. Thanks.
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:19 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
wow, sounds like fun oh and you might wanna change your heroscape sig around, it would sound cooler.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:10 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I can't remember where I got my sig. But that is the way I learned it. It is a quote I believe, from some movie
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:18 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Oh I saw it on a shirt that a bought in DC it was about the veitnam memorial, it was the other way around too...pretty cool. But do you see how basically the team that won had the most synergy? They had the least amount of points, but they had the besy synergy and thats how they won.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Pittsburgh Tournament results

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven

The winning army with an undefeated 4-0 record with over 900 pts in differential was my friend from college, Jim. He and his "Slitherin" army mopped the boards with his uncanny ability to roll frenzy well and his ridiculous archers who got him half his kills. His army comprised of the Elite onyx vipers, 2 sets of aubrian archers, mittens, and 3 sets of the venoc vipers. All for a measly 480 pts, which happened to be the least pts spent of an army at the tournament.
Great draft, Jim!
Old August 14th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes indeed. Synergy triumphs over all yet again.
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:45 PM

AnubianJim has disabled reputation
heck ya... my very first game of herscape had basically the same army minus the archers but alot more snakes and i almost won a 4 way battle with them. So i figured why not use my orignal army in my first tourny but with a few spiffs? Sure enough the archers rained their arrows all over any army i could go up against....ya Q9 was a jerk but i still woulda got him... lava or not silly robot dont u know my snakes are duel wielding bananas...it'll clog up your gears and what not...or make u thirsty
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:59 PM

hey, there you are! Awesome, welcome!
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
So guys, any thoughts to another Pittsburgh tournament? Sounds like a great time. I would definately come. I wish I would have known about the last one.
Old August 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM

we may have another tournament. It's tough with school and everything. Perhaps over thanksgiving break or christmas break maybe. keep an eye out on the boards. I posted a thread about the tourney, but nobody seemed interested so we just kept it local. But we shall keep everyone informed if we'll have any.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports