Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old February 12th, 2008, 06:54 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Chief, I like the way you organized that in Chess terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old February 12th, 2008, 07:51 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by teekay
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Aztec warriors with Atltl (a wooden club with inlaid obsidian blades.)
Atlatl is a spear thrower. I believe you're thinking of Macuahuitl.
Yes thanks for the correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Chief, I like the way you organized that in Chess terms.
Thanks
Old February 12th, 2008, 08:35 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddeus p whirl
I would really like to see Aquilla have some straight-up terrifying units. H.P. Lovecraft dreamed up a lot of neat horrific monsters, and it would be cool if we could see some "otherworldly" beings fight in Heroscape. Stuff like this:

You can find more of his stuff by doing a google search.
%&#$ yeah Cthulu!

I'd also like Mantis units that can destroy other mantis figures in its own group to gain an extra attack and defense die. That could be used very strategically. More guys v. more atk/def. I think I'll add that to the figure suggestion list.
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I remember seeing a mantis grab a spider once-- so fast you couldn't see its arms move. Not that I'm in favor of more bugs* for Aquilla, but a mantis Predator with Engagement Strike would be pretty cool.

*Spiders are not bugs. I am in favor of more spiders for Aquilla, and every other general for that mattter.
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
First of all... MORE THAN JUST BUGS!!! Yes, she's from the jungle, and yes, she should have her share of insects, but they should NOT be the focus of her army!

From how things look it seems Aquilla will be the "misfit." The various rebels from other groups can join up with her - like a rogue monk (Woo). Perhaps we can have some renegade, tribal Kyrie. A ronin that defected from Einar. Wild Orcs. More animalistic Primadons. Stuff like that.
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:58 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
First of all... MORE THAN JUST BUGS!!! Yes, she's from the jungle, and yes, she should have her share of insects, but they should NOT be the focus of her army!
I wasn't sterotyping her as "the bug general" already. I saw mantis posted above and it reminded me of an old idea I had. I definitely want more than just bugs.

I know that wasn't directed at me personally, but I felt like I should clarify. And I do like rdhight's Engagement Strike idea.
Old February 12th, 2008, 11:27 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
WOTCPBarclay said something about being fed to aquillas minions and that they are far scarier than just the monk and bugs we've seen so far.
Old February 13th, 2008, 02:10 AM

thaddeus p whirl has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg
WOTCPBarclay said something about being fed to aquillas minions and that they are far scarier than just the monk and bugs we've seen so far.
I remember reading that. I hope that means we'll see some really nightmarish stuff!
Old February 13th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Hey folks:

If you have suggestions for units I would like it if you would also post them at:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...0e3cc61741e124

I am compiling a "50 most popular new unit types" list and to avoid duplication I am only counting posts in that thread.

Kevin
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:30 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc
Hey folks:

If you have suggestions for units I would like it if you would also post them at:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...0e3cc61741e124

I am compiling a "50 most popular new unit types" list and to avoid duplication I am only counting posts in that thread.

Kevin
Sounds good I was planing on getting a list going here for Aquilla only
Old February 13th, 2008, 09:14 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness
removed. Don't give a child unfettered access to the internet.

Last edited by Alexandros; June 14th, 2023 at 06:02 PM.
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:02 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_killed_Superman
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Most of all, I don't want to see Aquilla get pegged as the bug queen. According to the colour wheel, and assuming that Vydar is indeed in the 'Orange' position, she will probably have an army composed of Ullar and Vydar similar figures. She already has a monk...
When I post this, I don't mean that Native Americans aren't civilized and I don't mean to offend ANYONE with this post.
Actually, the term Native American refers to someone who's ancestry is from another country but the person himself was born in America. The term you are looking for is Aboriginal American, and no, they weren't civilized by European standards. They were, however, far more sophisticated socially IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion