Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 2nd, 2007, 10:13 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Hahaha... Love the avatar, Amish! That's hilarious!

Wow, tall order to fill there, Zorg. I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise anything. I'm at a disadvantage for two reasons:

1. When I don't build symmetrical... my brain just fries. LOL. But, not always... .and even then, most of my 'non-symmetrical' designs are so close to being it... it's not funny.

2. I don't have any of the TT or VW sets... not that I can't use VS to build with it, but not having owned these sets (I really need to get with the times, eh?) I'm not sure if I would use those peices to the best of my ability.

But still... I'll try to give it a shot. If I make anything worth posting, I'll be sure to let you know.

I was a youth pastor for 4 years (recenetly stepped down), but my youth group plays HeroScape like crazy. We go through these 'shifts' where we will play like crazy.. then take a break.. and then get hooked again. Since the new SotM set came out, we've been playing again like crazy and if all goes well... we should have 'The Prize of One's Life' setup tonight to play using the 'Gladiator' style game that was posted on HeroScape.com.

The only downside, is that I will host... which means I don't get to play.. but still, I think it will be just as fun to host this game and watch, as it will be to play!

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:10 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Here's another one that I came up with today... Nothing real special here, but this one is the first one I've made (that I can recall) that has a 'fountain' type of effect on it. (Raised water in the middle.)

The Fountain of Virlua - 2RotV, 2RtFF

You could use the whole 'healing pool' on this one. Kind of like:

The Healing Fountain of Vilura - Units that are standing in the fountain water at the end of a round may (optional) roll the d20 for a chance to be healed. If they are on the lowest part of the fountain, a 18 or higher will heal one wound. If they are on the second highest level, a 15 or higher will heal one wound. If they are on the top level, a 12 or higher will heal one wound. If a units rolls a 20 on the lowest level of the fountain (only), then all wounds are removed. When trying to heal, if a unit rolls a 1, the unit suffers a wound. A unit may only roll the d20 ONCE per round. (All units get a chance to roll.)

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 10:27 PM

sauvros2 has disabled reputation
wow, what great master peices. I would be interested in seeing how you would incorporate lava into your maps a terrain not seen very often.

critics should be friends not enemies.

I'm not dead yet
I use imaginary logic, the square root of negative logic.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 11:51 PM

Yeah, I don't have any lava sets... or ice sets for that matter. I feel weird trying to build with them, because I'm not really sure how they are used.

I need to pick up one of each and put them to use.

Btw, we played 'The Prize of One's Life' tonight using the "Taelord's Coliseum' scenario found on the HS.com site.

IT WAS A BLAST!!! We are going to alter the rules a little bit, to help better fit the maps... but for the most part, it was a lot of fun and they definitely want to play it again very soon. I'll be posting the 'Shadowlock' version of the house rules on the site, once we get them finalized and nailed down.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:20 AM

Here's a map that I had abandoned... months ago... and upon going through my archives today.... I decided that I'm going to try to take some of my old uncompleted maps... and try to see if I can't finish them.

Vendeel's Keep - 6RotV, 4RtFF, 2FotA

I started this one back when I was in the phase of trying to use ALL of the sets that our group currently had. (I now enjoyed the smaller maps, actually.) It's a very large map... and probably... TOO large... but it can accommodate a LARGE number of players... easily anywhere from 8 to 10... with fairly large armies as well.

This is definitely a map you want to play on a rainy day... when you don't plan on going anywhere.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Here's a new map that I made over the weekend, using the new SotM set:

Speckled Swamps - 1RotV, 1SotM

Here are a few other maps that I found this weekend, that I forgot to either post on the website, of were projects that I had abandoned... but decided to go ahead and finish them. Most of these maps are older maps... ones that I did before I even decided to open my collection on the website:

The Long Road Home - 2RotV, 1RtFF

Over and Under - 2RotV, 2RtFF

The Forgotten Keep of Dagmire - 4RotV, 4RtFF, 2FotA

I have a few more that I'm trying to find that I know I've used in the past.. but I can't locate them. I might have to search through my old 'ScapeEdit 3D' files to see if they might be located there.

Until then.. enjoy.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:48 AM

that guy has disabled reputation
You are amazing. I have the same problem as Zorg. I just cant do it. You should make some small ones for the BoV.
Old November 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
I pimped the idea to Naps420. He's got a map up now. He said it was harder than he thought, and he doesn't feel like it its finished yet. Here's his take on it.

Zorgophlats Mountain

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old November 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Wow... that draft he has is better than anything I've come up with yet for that map design that you suggested, Zorg.

I've thought about making some smaller maps for BoV, but most of my maps (in fact... ALL OF THEM) that I build are done without scenarios, starting points, or glyphs. I like to let people who put the map together come up with their own ideas of where to place it and how to use the map.

So, I don't think my maps would qualify.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM

Found two others today while looking through the archives. I have updated them to meet VS standards. These were maps that I was building / playing on before I even started to use VS. These go back a good ways.

The Aranian Rooftops - 4RotV, 3RtFF

Valley of the Leviathan - 4RotV, 3RtFF

Back then, a lot of my maps were the traditional 'long shape'. I have several more in my old map collection... but nothing is really jumping out at me yet. I have a friend that build maps with me... and he did several maps (mostly with LESS master sets) that I feel are very nice. I might include those in the map archive as well.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:33 PM

Here's my latest offering... this one just came to me today... I'm not really sure what brought it on. I was just sitting at my desk (at work... shhhh... don't tell anyone...) and I thought: "It'd be cool to make a map with a giant tower... like... thing... in the middle." So, this was born. Not sure how practical it would be to play... but I might give it a go here sometime soon.

Slithok Swamp Outpost - 2RotV, 3RtFF, 1FotA, 1SotM

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:38 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Are you secretly a roomful of map-making monkeys?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios