Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old March 4th, 2015, 01:37 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Shuttle with a Venoc Viper swarm!
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
There's a Store Championship near me at the end of this month that Im really thinking about going. Ive played less than 10 games so Im mainly going just for the chance to play some games and have fun. However, Id still like to be some what competitive and not be a complete push over.
Before my first tournament, I had played maybe 4 games of X-Wing against other people. I got 2nd. Since then, over 5 tournaments, my record is 20-5, winning one and never finishing lower than 4th. Figure out what you like to fly, get good at flying it, and you can beat anything. (Yes, even the Phantom. Don't listen to ParaGoombaSlayer. )

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 5th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Agreed with NecroBlade.

Playing what you like is more important than playing what is "supposed to win" or playing "the meta", at least in my opinion. I could jump on the bandwagon here locally and play the FatHan Falcon build, or some variation thereof, and I might win, who knows? But I don't really care for the Falcon in the first place - and it's not my cup of tea. No matter how many times I might win with it, it just wouldn't be the same as flying the ship(s) I'd wished I'd flown in the first place. No where near the same satisfaction, for me anyway.

So fly what you like, and like what you fly.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 9th, 2015, 04:32 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

A few games in now, and we are finding that the Imperials always win. Since I have 5 TIE's and a TIE Advanced, it's basically a TIE Swarm every game. Wedge always dies almost instantly. Any tips for playing X-Wings (and 1 Y-Wing)?
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
A few games in now, and we are finding that the Imperials always win. Since I have 5 TIE's and a TIE Advanced, it's basically a TIE Swarm every game. Wedge always dies almost instantly. Any tips for playing X-Wings (and 1 Y-Wing)?
Yeah, TIE Swarm was super strong in the early meta.

In all honesty, Wave 4 took away the TIE Swarm's power for the most part, though it shows from time to time.

Here is an index thread to help you out in starting: https://community.fantasyflightgames...-useful-links/

In particular, look up Paul Heaver's Strategy Guides in the link I provided on how X-Wings can beat a TIE Swarm. A couple of those articles were written during that time period of the meta. Basically, at that time it required finesse to outmaneuver the TIE Swarm and minimize the number of attacks the X-Wings took each turn. In a way, it still does. Hope that helps.
Old March 9th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Fighting a TIE Swarm is tough. I have not yet played against a swarm in a tournament, but in home games with my uncle, Biggs has worked well. Fly your fleet in a pinwheel or box formation and keep Biggs in the back, hopefully at range 3 so he gets +1 evade die. Your other ships should be at range 2 so the opponent's ships don't get +1 evade die. Stick R2-F2 on Biggs to further boost defense or R2-D2 to regenerate shields (R2-D2 isn't the best when you're flying against a swarm, though, since Biggs will die fairly quickly). Once Biggs is about to die, fly him away - don't worry about getting a shot off, just keep him alive, so next turn he can K-turn and reenter the fight. This forces your opponent to spread his fire and not concentrate on one ship. Garven isn't a bad pairing with Biggs, so Biggs gets an extra focus token for defense.

Also, it's not always a great idea to spend lots of points on a flashy pilot like Wedge - especially against a swarm of low-pilot skill ships. Wedge has a great ability but it is expensive and makes him a priority target. Ask yourself how many times you got to use Wedge's ability. Maybe downgrading him to a Rookie pilot and spending points on defensive upgrades or even another ship might be better.

A dense asteroid field forces the swarm to break formation. In that link that Mega posted, read the Turn Zero guide to asteroid placement. It makes a huge difference. (There are a lot of Heroscapers on the FFG forums, by the way; it's a great place to read strategy articles and keep up with the current meta. It's probably a bit overwhelming if you've only bought Wave 1 stuff thus far, though.)
Old March 9th, 2015, 07:52 PM

What about Wave 4 neutered the TIE Swarm's effectiveness? Upgrades or new ships?
Old March 9th, 2015, 08:07 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
What about Wave 4 neutered the TIE Swarm's effectiveness? Upgrades or new ships?
Phantoms are hard on swarms if they are flown well. Arc dodge all over the place better than TIE Interceptors (again, if flown well). You'd have to block their movements or try to cover a large area with your arcs to pin it down.

Also, the Z-95s give the Rebels a swarm unit themselves, so they can have more numbers on their side. You can work on your build to see if you can squeak out 12 points so that you can add a Z-95 in, if you want.
Old March 11th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Next tourney that I'm going to, I'm going to run this:

OGP w Tactician x2 x 4

That's right 4 shuttles all with 2 tacticians on board. The hope is I stress the crap out of them in the first volley or 2 so it takes them just as long to turn around as it does the shuttles!

Now I just have to find 6 more tacticians....

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 12th, 2015, 12:37 AM

EDIT: Whoops, double post!
Old March 12th, 2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Next tourney that I'm going to, I'm going to run this:

OGP w Tactician x2 x 4

That's right 4 shuttles all with 2 tacticians on board. The hope is I stress the crap out of them in the first volley or 2 so it takes them just as long to turn around as it does the shuttles!

Now I just have to find 6 more tacticians....
Ebay!

(That list sounds fantastic, by the way.)
Old March 12th, 2015, 03:32 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys, I just got the core set and was wondering where/when are good places/times to find more ships on sale? I just can't see myself paying $10-12 for a single ship.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures