Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Wyrmling Strategy Thread

Well now that these guys have been out for a few weeks, what do you guys think of them? How are they playing? What are some of the tips you guys have for anyone new. One thing I noticed is they all have different uses.

Black Wyrmling - Hero Killer
Blue Wyrmling - Normal Attacker/Squad Killer (Highest Normal Attack/Lightning Attack)
Red Wyrmling - Squad Killer
White Wyrmling - Glyph Grabber (Highest Defense)

So what are your strategic thoughts on these fun baby dragons?
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:49 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Wyrmling Strategy Thread

See "Early Wyrmling Strategy Musings . . . " thread.
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
I thought that was more like the Pre-Release thread and wanted this to be more like the Official Book of Wyrmling Strategy.
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:05 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Wyrmlings do not like the WoB. My son used a mix of them (totaling the other night along with some Iron Golems and an Ogre Warhulk against my Werewolf Lord, WoB x3, and a Hydra.

The WoB pounced the Wyrmlings into oblivion.

-insert signature here-
Old August 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think that the Red Wyrmling will be good for killing Deathreavers, and the Black Wyrmling will be good at killing the Krav, and maybe help out against Raelin and other small/medium heroes (I keep seeing people saying Blacks are great at killing heroes, but I wonder if everyone realizes they can only hit Small/Medium...).

I think Blue's are a bit underrated at this juncture, but I think they'll be the least played because of their Point cost.

I think Whites remain the backbone of the Wyrmling army, if you're going to build an army around Wyrmlings.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 27th, 2010, 01:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
I thought that was more like the Pre-Release thread and wanted this to be more like the Official Book of Wyrmling Strategy.
If it's not based on play experience, it seems like the "early strategy musings" thread works. If it is based on play experience, the actual book thread works. Either way... well, you know.

Blacks are better than reds not just against Krav, but against lots of stuff when backed by Raelin, including rats. I'd be a lot more comfortable with a black/red mix than with pure red.

Whites and blues are more important when you don't have a common squad core that's doing most of the attacking.
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

I agree with doc, I good mix of black and red is sure fire against various threats, and would likely do you some good in tournament or large group battle.
I'm excited to play more with these guys, I love the concept behind these guys. The bonding is a really great asset. Anyone have any playing experience with what works well alongside them?

I'm just sayin.
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:54 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Keeping my eye on this thread, I have yet to be able to use my wyrmlings.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

I think running 4x each Wyrmling plus an Iron Golem in a 600 point army is a solid build. Use the Iron Golem to take out any Large or Huge Heroes, use the Black Wyrmlings for Small or Medium Heroes and High Defense Squads. Blue Wyrmlings for high defenses and Swarms, Red for Squads and White for Glyph Holding and Swarms.
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:25 AM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

I do like that Iron Golem. Saw him in action last weekend, and that thing took down Gurei Oni, Raelin, and a squad and a half of rats before going down.

I'm just sayin.
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:21 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

I'm seriously considering pairs of Blues for an anti-rat patrol, among other uses. Sure they aren't Braxas, but for 70 pts. a pair they should help quite a bit against melee squads.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:20 PM

dragon master is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

a red and black mix would be good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles