Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 29th, 2011, 06:59 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Army Judging Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
In the second, both Syvarris and Brandis toghether - while filling slightly different roles - seems redundant. Maybe drop one of them...or both! After all, those Stingers are pretty good at shooting folks, and it wouldn't hurt to put in some sort of screen.
Quote:
Better yet, drop one of the elf archer heroes and Shiori (I've never really had success with her, but others' experiences certainly vary), then you could drop in 150 or so points in favor of a bit of melee...or more Stingers!
Dang, I wish I had rats! Drop Syvarris and Shoiri and gain 4 groups of rats for a screen.

Quote:
I'm assuming the former is intended to play in an all-hero format; if so, hey man that looks pretty fun (and might even put up a good fight)!.....I like that all-hero army (for an all-heroes match).
Thanks, I was reading Sonlen's Book and read over that he'd be great with high life heroes due to his Dragon Healer so I threw a high life army together along with Raelin (I think that army would be better) and came up with it. Do you know where I can invest in some rats for cheap, I know Frylock has some up for sale but only 3 of them and they're all pending?
Auggies

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old September 29th, 2011, 09:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I have two 650 point armies (because that is usually the lowest point value I can talk my group down to playing).

Impenetrable
Raelin (RotV) 80
Siege 200
2x Hydra 440
Theracus 480
2xM-43 Resistance Fighters 610
Marcu 630
Isamu 640
Otonashi 650

Soldier Synergy
Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
Alexander II 270
2xWarforged Soldiers 430
2x10th Regiment of Foot 580
Marro Warriors 630
Isamu 640
Otonashi 650

I realize in the latter case that this army would probably benefit from having at least one more of the common squads, rather than the last 70 points I have there, but those are the most I can possibly gather of those two common squads when all of my friends' collections are together.

The first army could have more M-43 Resistance fighters (and would, if I had the points), but there's nothing else there I want to give up. I could pass on the second hydra, but the idea of two hydras and siege tying down the middle of the battlefield with support from Raelin seems really intimidating.

Let me know what you think.
Old September 29th, 2011, 09:50 PM

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I have two 650 point armies (because that is usually the lowest point value I can talk my group down to playing).

Impenetrable
Raelin (RotV) 80
Siege 200
2x Hydra 440
Theracus 480
2xM-43 Resistance Fighters 610
Marcu 630
Isamu 640
Otonashi 650

Soldier Synergy
Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
Alexander II 270
2xWarforged Soldiers 430
2x10th Regiment of Foot 580
Marro Warriors 630
Isamu 640
Otonashi 650

I realize in the latter case that this army would probably benefit from having at least one more of the common squads, rather than the last 70 points I have there, but those are the most I can possibly gather of those two common squads when all of my friends' collections are together.

The first army could have more M-43 Resistance fighters (and would, if I had the points), but there's nothing else there I want to give up. I could pass on the second hydra, but the idea of two hydras and siege tying down the middle of the battlefield with support from Raelin seems really intimidating.

Let me know what you think.
This section of the website is for official heroscape only.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
Old September 30th, 2011, 03:38 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

How about
10th reg x2
Iron man
Spider man
Isamu
560 points,11 hexes
Thoughts?
Old September 30th, 2011, 04:02 PM

I would replace Spider man with two more squads of tenth

Neo is Heavy Grut...
Old September 30th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
How about
10th reg x2
Iron man
Spider man
Isamu
560 points,11 hexes
Thoughts?
10th tend to be better than Spider man, Nilf is better than Iron man in most cases. This army also has a very easy OMs.

10th reg x5
Nilfheim.

OR
This army just gives Nilf a screen and then fills in with the highest recomended filler.
10th reg x 3
Nilfheim
Greenscales x2
Marcu
Isamu.
Old October 1st, 2011, 04:49 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

Here's another concept.

2x Arrow Gruts
2x Swog Rider
Krug
Mimring
Ice Troll
Isamu

495 pts/ 16 hex

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:29 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

How about:

6x Singers 360 (60 each)
Torin 480 (120)
Otonashi 490 (10)
Isamu 500 (10)
-------------------------
5x Singers 300 (60 each)
Torin 420 (120)
2x Deathreavers 500 (40 each)
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
Here's another concept.

2x Arrow Gruts
2x Swog Rider
Krug
Mimring
Ice Troll
Isamu

495 pts/ 16 hex
I would drop the troll and Isamu for 3 more swog riders and marcu. I would then drop marcu and Mimring for Raelin RotV and Two more squads of Arrow Gruts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
How about:

6x Singers 360 (60 each)
Torin 480 (120)
Otonashi 490 (10)
Isamu 500 (10)
-------------------------
5x Singers 300 (60 each)
Torin 420 (120)

Neo is Heavy Grut...
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:46 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Quote:
5x Singers 300 (60 each)
Torin 420 (120)

3x Singers 180 (60 each)
Torin 300 (120)
3x Deathreavers 420 (40 each)
Raelin (ROTV)500 (80)
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

Thanks Neo.

Which is better:

Tor-Kul-Na
7x Marrden Nagrubs
(430/23 hex)

Or

Tor-Kul-Na
Su-Bak-Na
4x Marrden Nagrubs
(500/16 hex)

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old October 1st, 2011, 10:01 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

How about
Arrow gruts x4
Swog rider x3
Mimring
Krug
Isamu
535 points,23 hexes
Thoughts?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion