Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old June 8th, 2018, 09:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Easiest SWAG contest ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
As in many ciphers, each number represented a letter and the dashes connected the letters in a word. I started off (which by the way was super fun for me so I guess I'm a nerd) by building an Excel file (mostly using VLOOKUP) which let me plug in letters... Say if I thought 1 = A, then it would automagically replace all the 1s with As.

Then I noticed that the word 6-16-3 appeared twice. THE was a logical guess for that word. Once I had that, other words started to fall into place. If that hadn't been correct, I probably would have counted number frequency to try to guess letters based on that (E being the most common, etc.). Thankfully THE was correct, and the rest was Kaemon Awa dominating the end game, as usual.
Ah, I see! I figured that the numbers were representing letters, but I forgot to check for any three-letter words to see if "the" could line up. I focused on the extra numbers provided in the second post for a little bit to try and see the connection, but by the time that I came back around to it, the puzzle was already solved. Congratulations!
Old June 8th, 2018, 10:05 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Out of curiosity, what was the cipher and how was it solved? I'd be interested in learning more about it, even if this one was already completed.
Just a little nod to my early days of Heroscape.

Prior to a new wave being released, it was possible through a little URL wrangling to get early peaks at bios and stats for upcoming figures on the Hasbro websites.

The 249603 is the last part of the URL for the Tagawa Samurai Archers in the "Books of Heroscape" thread. (as noted above)

I hinted at the bio in my first post with an italicized b-I-o

Once you found the bio it was just matching the letter positions and replacing the numbers.

I thought about changing the numbers up (especially the vowels in words like "the" but after counting to 502 to make sure "v" was right, I changed my mind.

I'm just happy someone figured it out before I had to post: "wash a margarita saucer"

Now I'll need to find another way to give some of these away...

p.s.

Game ID:
NMN18140531
General Wars still has 23 tickets available.

Old June 8th, 2018, 10:37 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Spreadsheet Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
[ I started off (which by the way was super fun for me so I guess I'm a nerd) by building an Excel file (mostly using VLOOKUP) which let me plug in letters... Say if I thought 1 = A, then it would automagically replace all the 1s with As.
Not INDEX(MATCH))? ~_^

~Dysole, who has a rather insane number of spreadsheets
Old June 9th, 2018, 09:54 PM

Leo Ultra is surprisingly tart

Hatamoto Taro! Or perhaps Tomoe...

(long live the community!)

~Leo, hesitantly curious about whether Leo is subject to such spreadsheets

I wish you high rolls, fair winds, and following seas.
I am a proud member of Platyfly!, a sketch comedy YouTube channel dedicated to giving Platypi the Flying Special Power!
Old June 9th, 2018, 10:10 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Had a few issues with uploading video, but we did pull @lefton4ya as today's winner.

Hopefully I'll get this video bug worked out for next Saturday.

p.s.

Game ID: NMN18140530
Monster Mash
4-round tournament. Bring a pre-drafted 600pt army (16 figure limit, no Marvel). The army MUST include at least 450 points worth of Large and/or Huge figures.

13 seats still available

Old June 10th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Guilty Mc(Will)Creech

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:43 PM

Happy Wednesday.

I think the kids worked out my video posting issue...

Congrats @antmarchingroves

p.s. FLEX TOURNEY is now listed on gencon events.

Pre-drafted army (18 figure, 650 point limit). New matches start as old ones finish. Come & go as you please. Tourney winner decided by point-weighted drawing at the end. Marvel is allowed. In this event, you can switch armies between matches. You are allowed to come late, or leave for the dealer hall between matches.

Old June 14th, 2018, 11:51 AM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
Happy Wednesday.

I think the kids worked out my video posting issue...

https://youtu.be/3yLFl3qTWWc

Congrats @antmarchingroves

p.s. FLEX TOURNEY is now listed on gencon events.

Pre-drafted army (18 figure, 650 point limit). New matches start as old ones finish. Come & go as you please. Tourney winner decided by point-weighted drawing at the end. Marvel is allowed. In this event, you can switch armies between matches. You are allowed to come late, or leave for the dealer hall between matches.
Awesome! Your daughter made a great selection. Love Ninjas of the Northern Wind.
Old June 16th, 2018, 09:52 PM

Happy Saturday...

Congrats @Tornado

p.s.

Thursday 4:00 p.m.
Reverse

Open to all players, 16-player 4-round tournament. Bring a 500-600pt army (20 figure limit, no Marvel). Your army must contain at least 500 points, but no more than 600 points. Rounds 1 & 3 played using your opponent's army. Prizes awarded.

Old June 16th, 2018, 11:31 PM

Let's do another really random drawing this Wednesday.

The wife is being induced with baby #6 on Tuesday at 7 a.m.

Feel free to post your guess as to what time baby will arrive and the closest guess wins.

Old June 16th, 2018, 11:39 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Baby #6?!?! Holy crap. Twice as many as I have. Twice as crazy as I am.

11:11am
Old June 16th, 2018, 11:44 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Congrats on another child! It was also heartwarming to see the previous two videos.

9:45 AM

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games