Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 1st, 2006, 01:12 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Clerics of Heroscape

Here's a Definition of a Cleric: The cleric is a priest, a healer, and a holy warrior. Clerics are members of religious orders, with the original intent being to portray soldiers of sacred orders who have magical abilities granted by the gods. Most clerics have powers to heal wounds, protect their allies and sometimes resurrect the dead. Clerics sometimes have powers to banish or create the undead.

Alright so lets step back and try to apply this to Heroscape. We have tons of Races in HS and yet we lack any unit which inspires a ceartin race. When I say race I don't mean FB's who inspires for their generals. Cleric would be neutral forces which call upon their deity to aid forces in battle. Yet this come at a price to the player who calls upon them. So this opens up the ability create a neutral playable force in Vallhala.

Is their any intrest in this Idea

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old November 1st, 2006, 03:10 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
OK, I know what a cleric is but, what did you have in mind? Please elaborate.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:49 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
I agree with ChaosChild: it will help if you elaborate on what you want in a cleric for HS.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old November 1st, 2006, 09:14 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Elaborate and you may spark some more interest

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:05 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
Elaborate and you may spark some more interest
Ditto.
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:12 AM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
Before the first expansions came out, I made an orc surgeon custom using the MageKnight figure barber-surgeon. I gave him the ability of Battlefield Operation or something like that, but he rolled 2 attack dice, and 4 defense dice, every skull inflicted a wound, and every shield removed a wound from the targeted figure. Then I got Kelda, and saw the official take on healing, by using the d20. Still the little orc was a blast because as many times as he gave you the game, he took it away.
I am assuming you are talking about figures with the ability to heal when you say cleric based upon my rpg history. Although with the zombies and ghosts coming out, undead smiting could be a useful aspect to look at.
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:25 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Elaborated in 1st post

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old November 1st, 2006, 05:27 PM

fuzzysadist has disabled reputation
Quote:
Before the first expansions came out, I made an orc surgeon custom using the MageKnight figure barber-surgeon. I gave him the ability of Battlefield Operation or something like that, but he rolled 2 attack dice, and 4 defense dice, every skull inflicted a wound, and every shield removed a wound from the targeted figure. Then I got Kelda, and saw the official take on healing, by using the d20. Still the little orc was a blast because as many times as he gave you the game, he took it away.
I am assuming you are talking about figures with the ability to heal when you say cleric based upon my rpg history. Although with the zombies and ghosts coming out, undead smiting could be a useful aspect to look at.
I love that! Gotta make me one of those!

Fuzzy
Old November 1st, 2006, 06:07 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Here's a great place to start, or a reason to end your search, Karkadin's Paladin (Not Paladiness, mind you ).

smallboxgames.com
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:55 PM

Cooperflood has disabled reputation
Here's an idea of how a neutral cleric could work.

Movement 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Life 5
Medium 5
Human Champion

Answered Prayer or Assistance from the Heavens
When any human figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of cleric is destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you gain control of cleric.

Cursed be the Faithless
At the end of each round roll the 20 sided die, if you roll a 4 or lower lose control of Cleric and sacrifice a figure you control.

This incorporates the neutral figure that gives assistance with the potentially negative consequences. It also a race related trigger and while it doesn't heal it does help replace fallen figures. You could potentially add more flavor to the figure by raising the die roll on Cursed be the Faithless and adding die for every human and/or valiant card you control.

You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas- Davey Crockett
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:59 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Having a Gift of Grace ability that mimics the Gift of Magic where you use tokens to perform miracles:

Brother Cedric

M: 5
R: 1
A: 2
D: 4

Life: 5
Medium 5
Human
Priest
Valiant

Gift of Grace 5
Begin the game with 5 Grace counters on this card. At the end of each round, you may place one Grace counter on this card, up to a maximum of 5.

Tend The Wounded
Target any friendly adjacent Hero and remove any number of Grace counters from this card. Roll one dice for each Grace counter removed. Heal the target one wound for each shield rolled up to the target's starting Life value.

Shield of Faith
After Cedric or any friendly adjacent figure rolls defense against an attack, you may remove any number of Grace counters from this card. Reroll one die for each Grace counter removed up to the full number of defense dice originally rolled. A reroll may only occur once per attack and all dice chosen to reroll must be rolled at one time.

Newb.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:25 PM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
I'm not going to come up with full fledged customs, but I will throw out abilities as they strike me...

Swords to Plowshares All figures within 4 clear site spaces subtract 1 from their attack number.

Repetance Whenever this figure deals combat damage, he recieves an equal amount of damage. Whenever this figure is dealt combat damage, the attacking figure recieves an equal amount of damage.

Eye for an Eye When this figure is destroyed, remove any figures that attacked it this turn (or round. not sure on the terminology, but I mean this order marker.)

Holy Hand Grenade Sorry just had to include it.

Raise Dead Instead of moving and attacking, roll the 20 sided die, on a roll of 20 place one destroyed figure on the board in any adjacent space. (This would be a good one to use with the Gift of Miracles idea.

Turn Undead Whenever any undead move into a space within 4 clear sight of this figure, roll an attack die, deal 1 undefended damage for each skull rolled.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards