Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old September 10th, 2019, 01:52 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 2 until 9/15)

Map: Grounds of Ashra
Glyphs: Xipta, Dagmar

Leaf_It - Army: Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount - 475pts
Zetsubo - Army: Beakface Sneaks x7, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptors x3 - 470pts

Which units survived?
Warwitch (full life), 2 Interceptors (1 at full life, 1 with 1 wound), 9 Sneaks.

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Vipers and Sneaks/Interceptors went out first, but the low viper rolls let the birds gain ground quickly as well as take glyphs. Nathaniel Blount tried shooting an interceptor next to a Viper for his double shot, but was blocked. Eventually the Sneaks rushed Leaf_It's SZ with the Interceptors right on the edge preparing for Dive Bombs. Started bringing the Warwitch across the board using flocking just so I could use her. The Warwitch helped clean up the last couple of units and put some wounds on Venoc Warlord. One Interceptor was killed by VW and then another Interceptor finished of the snake with a Dive Bomb.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
The Clawfoot Interceptors took 6 turns with 1 order marker each round. They used Dive Bomb 4 times out of 5 attacks killing 1 viper with a regular attack, 2 DB attacks on Capt. Blount doing 2 total wounds and 2 DB attacks on Venoc Warlord doing 3 wounds. Claw grab was used 6 times mostly when being moved by flocking to move the Sneaks closer.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
The Interceptors were useful in moving the sneaks over uneven terrain quickly and got some good hits in on the opposing heroes. Having multiple really helped me use them as they could move into position with flocking and using a # and X OM on two Interceptor cards helped mix up which one you'll attack with for a Dive Bomb. One numbered OM a round seemed like the most they ever need.
Old September 11th, 2019, 06:45 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Taeblewalker and I were shooting for 9pm ET tonight. He's running the Makwa, I have Acolytes

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 11th, 2019, 10:26 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I came out with the win. The Mohicans and Makwa struggled to do much against Corvor and the Acolytes. Corvor came in early, and with the help of a few acolytes, took out Brave Arrow pretty quickly. Though Corvor got held up by a few mohicans after finishing off Brave Arrow, he was able to get to the start zone and start laying waste to enemies there with Corruption- typically killing at least one or two figures per turn. Acolytes actually didn't do as much as normal - after helping to take down Brave Arrow they picked guys off on the sides, held glyphs, and tried to stay out of Corvor's way while he corrupted everything in his path.

Good game Taeblewalker!

Full reports are upcoming and will be posted in the specific threads for those figures

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 11th, 2019, 10:39 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dok and I just finished a very swingy game (I also should remember some things or it might have turned out more in my favor with me not having to reroll things). He eeked out a win at the last second with his 2/3 skull demon one shotting my skull demon (he also had a chainfighter left that did absolutely nothing). Will post more in the morning when I'm not tired.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old September 14th, 2019, 02:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
AgentWard and I scheduled for September 14th at 12:00 LA time/21:00 France time.

He's got Swampy Bois and I have Gas Grenades and Goblins.
Starting now. Round 3 coming later today.
Old September 14th, 2019, 04:45 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 3 until 9/29)

Round 3 is on Valledon Fortress (Valda, Wannok).

The vegietarian18 (2-0) v. Dysole (2-0) pool of armies is:
* : Beakface Sneaks x4, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Eltahale
* : Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Krav Maga Agents
* If at Firs, You Don't Sucseed...: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Isamu
* ...Tribe, Tribe Again: Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
Dysole chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

The Toogwick_Tuk (2-0) v. Zetsubo (2-0) pool of armies is:
* : Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Water Elementals x9
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
* Tree People: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Bol
* Snipers and Vipers: Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount
Zetsubo chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Toogwick_Tuk chooses who places first.

The dok (2-0) v. Flash_19 (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Dances with Gryphillins: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x1, Brave Arrow, Capt. Nathaniel Blount, Theracus, Bol
* Out of Bounds!: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, Skull Demon x2, Corvor the Tainted One, Drow Chainfighter x1
* : 12th Caucasus Rifles x3, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Siiv
* : Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Van Nessing
dok chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Flash_19 chooses who places first.

The flameslayer93 (1-1) v. Heroscaper Guy (1-1) pool of armies is:
* The Rebellious Order Marker: Capuan Gladiatros x2, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Priscus, Capt Nathaniel Blount
* Red Dwarf: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Shieldsmiths x3, Concan, Air Elemental
* hey demons, it's me ya boi: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Skull demon, Siiv
* grey and black 2.0: Capt Nathaniel Blount, Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior, 53rd north carolina sharpshooters x5
Heroscaper Guy chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, flameslayer93 chooses who places first.

The Maklar the Silver Prince (1-1) v. AgentWard (1-1) pool of armies is:
* : Teeth of Makwa x5, Makwa Bowhunter x5
* : deathreavers x2, 12th Caucasus Rifles x4, Augamo
* : 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu
* : Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x3
Maklar the Silver Prince chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, AgentWard chooses who places first.

The Chris Perkins (1-1) v. All Your Pie (1-1) pool of armies is:
* Are the Drudge Playable Now? : Marro Drudge x5, Re-Tak-Shi, Tul-Bak-Ra, Isamu
* D20 > Defense Dice ?: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x5, Brave Arrow, Marcu Esenwein
* Wet Dry World: Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Fire Elemental x5, Water Elemental x3
* Blue-Green Midrange: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x2, Zetacron
Chris Perkins chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, All Your Pie chooses who places first.

The Kinseth (1-1) v. kevindola (0-2) pool of armies is:
* All your Hatred belongs to us: Acolytes of Vorganund x5, Skull Demon x3
* Are we in New Jersey yet?: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x1, Wildwood Runner x5
* One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Roman Legion x3, Venoc Warlord, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Clawfoot Interceptor, Bol
* Acolytic Converter: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, 12th Caucasus Rifles x3, Morgoloth
Kinseth chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who places first.

The Leaf_It v. superfrog pool of armies is:
* Wild Would: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3
* Birdothers From Another Mother: Beakface Sneaks x7, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptors x3
* Goliath's Goblin Grenades: 12th Caucasus x3, Goblin Cutters x3, Eltahale
* Swamp Two Ways: Marro Drudge x3, Durgeth Ravagers x2, Re-Tak-Shi, Uzog
superfrog chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Leaf_It chooses who places first.

The Sir Heroscape v. Taeblewalker pool of armies is:
* Berserk Birdmen: Beakface Sneaks x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Quorik Warwitch, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
* Blood and Tears: Acolytes of Vorganund x5, Morgoloth, Skull Demon
* : Marro Drudge x3, Othkurik, Re-Tak-Shi, Iskra Esenwein, Rechets of Bogdan
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow, Raelin (SotM), Marcu Esenwein
Sir Heroscape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Taeblewalker chooses who places first.
Old September 14th, 2019, 06:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Important Round 3 Announcement

If you and your opponent BOTH have 2 losses, please play your Round 3 games with the following changes:
  • Change the Clawfoot Interceptor's Life to 4.
  • Give the Makwa Bowhunter the Double Attack special power.
  • Change the 12th Caucasus Rifles' Gas Grenade Special attack so that it only reduces defense by 1 for that turn.
Additionally, if you do not have 2 losses but you and your opponent agree to use these changes before either of you drafts armies, please feel free.
Old September 16th, 2019, 07:11 PM
This is merely a joke.

Leaf_It and I starting now.
Old September 16th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Tabelwalker and I starting at 7pm MST

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 19th, 2019, 10:58 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Kinseth and I are playing in about an hour.

Trees vs. Skulled Demons

EDIT: Fun close game with some rules interpretation questions on both ends that are always good to get to light.

Trees won a close one by surviving just the right times to regrow. And blocking enough skull demon attacks to make it very painful with Dark Pact.

Last edited by kevindola; September 19th, 2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old September 19th, 2019, 11:58 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The Toogwick_Tuk (2-0) v. Zetsubo (2-0) pool of armies is:
* : Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Water Elementals x9
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
* Tree People: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Bol
* Snipers and Vipers: Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount
Zetsubo chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Toogwick_Tuk chooses who places first.
Our game should start soonish. Zetsubo chose his Snipers and Vipers army and I chose my Mohican and Makwa army.

Edit: We just finished up with me getting the win with Zetsubo conceding with a 2 life Venoc Warlord left with me have a good number of Makwa and Mohicans left.

Last edited by Toogwick_tuk; September 20th, 2019 at 02:32 AM.
Old September 21st, 2019, 04:31 AM

AgentWard is surprisingly tart

Maklar and I will play at 12:00 EST today

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting