Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 13th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Suggestion Center

All right, as I have said in another thread, it is easier to get a card right the first time, then it is to keep going back and making revisions. I am creating this thread so that those who have ideas for cards or abilities can come here to get suggestions for them before they actually make the card.

Now, a person could post their ideas in their custom thread, but I think they will get more traffic if there is a central place to unload their ideas, and this way, they can also keep their custom thread free to just post their cards.

Keep in mind this thread is only for posting ideas you have. If you have a completed card, then please post it in your custom thread.

Anyways, I'll get us started. I have been working on my ideas for several of the X-Men, and I was hping I could get some feedback before I make them into cards. Here they are:

Colossus
8 Life, 4 Move, 1 Range, 6 Attack, 7 Defense, 310 Points
Charge Rush
Colossus may add 2 to his Move number as long as he is unengaged prior to moving. Colossus must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure in order to use Charge Rush.
Steel Skin
Whenever Colossus rolls defense dice, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.
Cannonball Special
Instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent small or medium friendly figure adjacent to Colossus to throw. You may place the chosen figure up to 6 spaces away from Colossus and up to 20 levels above Colossus. If the chosen figure was placed on a level above Colossus, in water, or has a flying ability, you don't have to roll for falling damage. If the thrown figure lands on the same level or lower you must roll for throwing damage. Roll the d20 for throwing damage; if you roll 11-20 the thrown figure receives 1 wound. You may then immediately attack with the thrown figure.
Superstrength

Cyclops
5 Life, 5 Move, 1 Range, 3 Attack, 4 Defense, 230 Points
Optic Beam Special Attack
Range 8 Attack 6
Cyclops may not use this attack on figures he is engaged with. Roll one less attack dice for this attack for every space the targeted figure is beyond 6 spaces away.
Mutant Leadership
Mutant figures you control add one to their Move. As well, Mutant figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Cyclops add one to their defense.

Wolverine
8 Life, 5 Move, 1 Range, 4 Attack, 4 Defense, 290 Points
Healing Factor
At the start of each round, you may remove a wound marker from Wolverine.
Adamantium Claws
Figures roll 2 less defense dice when attacked by Wolverine.
Blind Rage
If there are at least 4 wound markers on this card, whenever you reveal an order marker on this card, you must roll the D20. Add 1 to the result for every wound marker on Wolverine beyond the first 4. If the result is a 13 or higher, choose an opponent. That opponent will now control Wolverine for the remainder of your turn, but will not reveal any unrevealed order markers on his card. At the end of that turn, control of Wolverine returns to you. All order Markers and figures on Wolverine's Army card will stay on his army card.

Professor Xavier
3 Life, 4 Move, 1 Range, 2 Attack, 3 Defense, 150 Points
Mutant Command
If Order Marker 1 is placed on Professor Xavier, then instead of taking a turn with Professor Xavier, you may take a turn with up to two Mutant Unique Heroes you control. Professor Xavier cannot be one of the two Mutant Unique Heroes.
Hypnosis 13
If an opponent's figure within 8 clear sight spaces of Professor Xavier targets a figure you control, you may roll the D20.dd 5 to the result if the attacking figure was a squad figure. If the result is a 13 or higher, the attacking figure's turn immediately ends.
Mind Protection
Abilities your opponent uses may not remove Order markers on army cards you control, or change the control of figures you control.
Wheelchair Restricted
Professor may not move more than one level up or down at a time.

Nightcrawler
4 Life, 7 Move, 1 Range, 3 Attack, 2 Defense, 140 Points
Teleport Evasion 9
If Nightcrawler is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the D20. If you rolled a 1-8, roll defense dice normally. If you rolled a 9 or higher, Nightcrawler takes no wounds and may immediately move using his Teleportation 5 Special Power.
Teleportation 5
Instead of a normal move, Nightcrawler may teleport. To teleport, place Nightcrawler on any unoccupied space within 5 spaces and no more than 40 levels above or below Nightcrawler's current position. If Nightcrawler was engaged before he teleports, he will not take any leaving engagement strikes.
Surprise Special Attack
Range 1 Attack 4
Nightcrawler may only use this attack if the defending figure was not adjacent at the start of this turn and Nightcrawler used his Teleportation 5 Special Power to move adjacent to the defending figure. Figures roll 2 less defense dice when defending against Nightcrawler's Surprise Special Attack.

Rogue
6 Life, 5 Move, 1 Range, 5 Attack, 4 Defense, 270 Points
Drain 13
After moving and before attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the D20. If you roll a 13 or higher, place one wound marker on the chosen figure, and you may remove one wound maker from Rogue. As well, if the chosen figure was not destroyed, you may place a Drain Marker on the chosen figure's attack, defence, or one of the chosen figure's Special Powers. Depending on where the Drain Marker was placed, one of the following effects happen as long as the Drain Marker remains:
Attack: The chosen figure's attack is reduced by one, and Rogue's attack is increased by one.
Defence: The chosen figure's defense is reduced by one, and Rogue's defense is increased by one.
Special Power: Rogue gains the chosen Special Power.
Drain Markers are removed at the end of the second round after they are placed.
Tough
When Rogue rolls defense dice against a normal attack, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.
Flying
When counting spaces for Rogue's movement, ignore elevations. Rogue may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Rogue starts to fly, if she is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Superstrength

Iceman
5 Life, 5 Move, 4 Range, 4 Attack, 5 Defense,220 Points
Ice Form
When Iceman stands on Snow or Ice type spaces, add 2 to Iceman's Range value, 1 to his Attack value, and when Iceman rolls defense against a normal attack, add 1 Automatic Shield to whatever is rolled.
Freeze Beam Special Attack
Range 4 Attack 5
If an opponent's Unique Hero recieves at least one wound from Freeze Beam Special Attack, you may roll the D20. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove one unrevealed order marker at random from that Unique Hero's army card.
Ice Slide
Instead of his normal move, Iceman may use Ice Slide. Ice Slide has a move of 4, however, if Iceman starts his movement on an Ice space, Ice Slide has a move of 6. When counting spaces for Iceman's Ice Slide movement, ignore elevations. Iceman may slide over water without stopping, slide over figures without becoming engaged, and slide over obstacles such as ruins. Iceman may not Ice Slide more than 40 levels up or down in a single Ice Slide. If Iceman is engaged when he starts to Ice Slide, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Shadowcat
3 Life, 5 Move, 1 Range, 2 Attack, 2 Defense, 90 Points
Phasing
Shadowcat may move through all figures and objects and never takes any leaving engagement strikes when leaving an engagement.
Intangibility 7
When Shadowcat is targeted for a normal attack, you may roll the D20. If you roll an 7 or higher, Shadowcat no longer has a visible hitzone for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.
Lockheed Fire Line Special Attack
Range Special Attack 3
Choose an unoccupied space within 5 spaces of Shadowcat. Then, choose 3 spaces in a straight line from the chosen space. All figures on those spaces are affected by Lockheer Fire Line Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice one for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice seperately.

Beast
5 Life, 6 Move, 1 Range, 6 Attack, 4 Defense, 250 Points
Defensive Agility
When Beast rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, one shield will block all damage.
Dextrous Flexibility
When Beast attacks, if less than 3 skulls are rolled, the number of skulls rolled is automatically 3.
Leap
Instead of his normal movement, Beast may Leap. Leap has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Beast's leaping motion, ignore elevations. Beast may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Beast may not leap more than 14 levels up or down in a single leap. If Beast is engaged when he starts to move, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Superstrength

Angel
5 Life, 7 Move, 1 Range, 4 Attack, 4 Defense, 150 Points
Carry to Safety 14
When a figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Angel is attacked by an opponent's figure, you may roll the D20. If you roll a 14 or higher, place Angel adjacent to the defending figure. Then, move Angel up to 7 spaces, placing the defending figure adjacent to Angel after his move is done. The figure must be place in a position where it can not be targetted by the attacking figure.
Carry
Before moving Angel, you may choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Angel. After you move Angel, place the chosen figure adjacent to Angel.
Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Angel’s movement, ignore elevations. Angel may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Angel starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Old July 13th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Suggestion Center

Your X-Men can certainly beat up my X-men. These are substantially higher point values than I was envisioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster
Blind Rage
If there are at least 4 wound markers on this card, whenever you reveal an order marker on this card, you must roll the D20. Add 1 to the result for every wound marker on Wolverine beyond the first 4. If the result is a 13 or higher, choose an opponent. That opponent will now control Wolverine for the remainder of your turn, but will not reveal any unrevealed order markers on his card. At the end of that turn, control of Wolverine returns to you. All order Markers and figures on Wolverine's Army card will stay on his army card.
I understand that he needs some character, but I don't think this is it. Even the opponent using him to attack your own men seems a little too far out of control even for him. And what about when the free move consists of jumping into lava or otherwise commiting suicide? Wolverine doesn't kill himself.

Quote:
Hypnosis 13
If an opponent's figure within 8 clear sight spaces of Professor Xavier targets a figure you control, you may roll the D20.dd 5 to the result if the attacking figure was a squad figure. If the result is a 13 or higher, the attacking figure's turn immediately ends.
Mind Protection
Abilities your opponent uses may not remove Order markers on army cards you control, or change the control of figures you control.
The fact that the targeting figure, not the defending figure, has to be in range is good. But as for Mind Protection, I don't like it at all. It's too foolproof. It's the one power here I wouldn't allow at my table at any price-- it needs some kind of limitation or flaw besides killing the professor.

Quote:
Drain 13
After moving and before attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the D20. If you roll a 13 or higher, place one wound marker on the chosen figure, and you may remove one wound maker from Rogue. As well, if the chosen figure was not destroyed, you may place a Drain Marker on the chosen figure's attack, defence, or one of the chosen figure's Special Powers. Depending on where the Drain Marker was placed, one of the following effects happen as long as the Drain Marker remains:
Attack: The chosen figure's attack is reduced by one, and Rogue's attack is increased by one.
Defence: The chosen figure's defense is reduced by one, and Rogue's defense is increased by one.
Is it right that she can choose the effect of her drain? Should she really have a choice of attributes to lower? And I think having to remember when to remove the marker is a drag.

Quote:
Lockheed Fire Line Special Attack
Range Special Attack 3
Choose an unoccupied space within 5 spaces of Shadowcat. Then, choose 3 spaces in a straight line from the chosen space. All figures on those spaces are affected by Lockheer Fire Line Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice one for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice seperately.
Nice!

Quote:
Carry to Safety 14
When a figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Angel is attacked by an opponent's figure, you may roll the D20. If you roll a 14 or higher, place Angel adjacent to the defending figure. Then, move Angel up to 7 spaces, placing the defending figure adjacent to Angel after his move is done. The figure must be place in a position where it can not be targetted by the attacking figure.
Having to move the victim out of range is what makes this good. But it needs to explicitly state that the rescued figure takes no damage. And it needs more explanation in general. Shouldn't there be a small or medium figure clause? Does the rescued figure take disengagement attacks? Does the attacker waste his shot, or can he change targets? When Angel rescues me from a squad, does he have to set me down out of range of the one figure that attacked, or out of range of all figures on the attacker's army card? And shouldn't he be forbidden to set me down adjacent to any enemy figure?

If I were you, I would be worried about how this interacts with other powers that trigger when a figure is attacked. When Angel is within range of a friendly spider-sensor, ninja, nakita, etc. and multiple powers start going off at once... it needs thinking about.
Old July 13th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Here's a power that I'd like to add to my Superman (provided I can find the space) that I'd like feedback on. The basic intent is for him to be able to use his super breath to push engaged figures back and "freeze" them if he blows hard enough.

Quote:
Super Breath
After moving, before attacking, Superman may choose one adjacent small or medium nonflying figure and roll 3 attack dice for Super Breath. The affected figure takes no damage from this attack roll and no leaving engagement attacks. Instead, you may move the affected figure one space for each skull rolled in a straight line from Superman. If you roll 3 skulls,, after moving the figure, you may remove one Order Marker from the figure's Army Card without first looking at it.
Does that work? Does it come across clearly? Is it broken? Do you like the flavor? Is there any better (or shorter!) way to word it? Thanks for any suggestions!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 13th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
[quote="IAmBatman"]
Quote:
Super Breath
After moving, before attacking, Superman may choose one adjacent small or medium nonflying figure and roll 3 attack dice for Super Breath. The affected figure takes no damage from this attack roll and no leaving engagement attacks. Instead, you may move the affected figure one space for each skull rolled in a straight line from Superman. If you roll 3 skulls,, after moving the figure, you may remove one Order Marker from the figure's Army Card without first looking at it.
It looks good to me. The only thing I can think of is that the official wording is supposed to be, "After moving and before attacking."

I'll get to commenting on the critique of my ideas a little later.

Old July 13th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Super Breath
I like it! I think it fits the power very well. Some suggestions...do you think it should be more difficult to blow back and/or freeze larger figures, or perhaps figures with Superstrength? The main problem I see with it is just fitting the wording on the card.

How much do you anticipate raising Superman's point cost by?
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:48 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
GreyOwl

Point cost I'm very unsure of. I think this would probably have him trump Hulk, but I don't think the power itself is unreal or anything. Maybe a raise of 20 points? I think I'll have it affect normal and superstrength characters the same, just to save on space (not sure if it'll fit in anyway!). I also said only small and medium, so there's no worrying if it'll affect large or huge figures or not.

Firemaster

Thanks for the input, here's some quickies for you.

Colossus - Steel Skin is just Shields of Valor. I'm not a fan of renaming official powers. I'd agree that Shields of Valor doesn't fit the character namewise, but that's a great reason to think of a new power for him. I'd say get creative on this one.

Cyclops - Optic Beam is cool and I like how it works a lot. That said, the range and attack should probably be listed as Special, since they're not always 6 range and attack 8. Also, 8 feels pretty darn high for a ranged attack - maybe shorten the initial burst range and then have it go after that?

Wolverine - Adamantium claws are almost something I want to be Soulborg only. I just mean that regular claws are going to cut through skin pretty easily too, so unless the guy's in a metal suit, it's not going to make too much of a difference in how well it cuts through the defense. That said, Iron Man's not a Soulborg, and it should certainly be decreasing Iron Man's defense just as much as Q9's.

Professor X - Hypnosis has a typo in it. Can you find it?

Iceman - I like Ice Slide, but 40 levels? That's skyscraper height and seems a tad on the high side to me for a guy basically making luge runs.

Beast - Maybe too much of a Beast to really reflect his character? I'd seriously consider toning down Dextrous Flexibility. I like the idea, but basically he gets a minimum of 3 skulls on any attack? That's crazy! That's almost like an auto kill on most squads (of course Grimnak has Chomp and that works in a balanced way). I'm just not sure that kind of offensive firepower really matches what I think of Beast's character, though. I'd consider lowering it to a 2 skulls minimum and lowering his cost to go along with it. Should Beast really be worth more than Iron Man and Captain America? Not to mention Doctor Doom!

PS I should mention that the Super Breath is somewhat inspired by an old custom version of Superman by Allskulls that he showed me recently.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 13th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Point cost I'm very unsure of. I think this would probably have him trump Hulk, but I don't think the power itself is unreal or anything. Maybe a raise of 20 points?
Absolutely, the power is very reasonable. I think the 20-30 point range sounds about right. The only reason I might go for the higher end is that it has the potential to kill by knocking someone back into molten lava or an extreme fall. I really like the power, though. I wish I could work it into my Superman custom, but the card is just too full. Maybe I'll put it on there for Supergirl...

Quote:
Wolverine - Adamantium claws are almost something I want to be Soulborg only. I just mean that regular claws are going to cut through skin pretty easily too, so unless the guy's in a metal suit, it's not going to make too much of a difference in how well it cuts through the defense. That said, Iron Man's not a Soulborg, and it should certainly be decreasing Iron Man's defense just as much as Q9's.
I've addressed situations like this in my customs by giving a bonus against "metallic figures". I know that's somewhat ambigous as it isn't based on anything printed on the card, but I couldn't think of a better solution. Plus, I think most people can tell pretty easily whether a figure is supposed to be metallic or not. I used this on my Black Panther custom, who has the Vibranium Anti-Metal Claws.
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:08 PM

I like the idea of someone who's actually *better* against Soulborgs instead of worse, too. Seems like all the special powers that are specific on Soulborgs are only that way to say that Soulborgs aren't effected. Q9 is tough enough!

Old July 13th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Re: Suggestion Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Blind Rage
I understand that he needs some character, but I don't think this is it. Even the opponent using him to attack your own men seems a little too far out of control even for him. And what about when the free move consists of jumping into lava or otherwise commiting suicide? Wolverine doesn't kill himself.
I did have that in mind, but couldn't really think of another way to put it. Perhaps if it was simply that if he has 4 or 5 wounds on him, he must attack all figures adjacent to him, if he's able?

Quote:
Quote:
Hypnosis 13
Mind Protection
The fact that the targeting figure, not the defending figure, has to be in range is good. But as for Mind Protection, I don't like it at all. It's too foolproof. It's the one power here I wouldn't allow at my table at any price-- it needs some kind of limitation or flaw besides killing the professor.
Perhaps I'll make it like Hypnosis 13 and make it only protect figures within 4 spaces.

Quote:
Quote:
Drain 13
Is it right that she can choose the effect of her drain? Should she really have a choice of attributes to lower? And I think having to remember when to remove the marker is a drag.
I guess you are right, the way I have it is a bit too complex. Perhaps I'll just make it, that in addition to the Life drain, she can only choose an ability and she gets that ability until the end of the round or until the end of the game.

Quote:
Quote:
Carry to Safety 14
Having to move the victim out of range is what makes this good. But it needs to explicitly state that the rescued figure takes no damage. And it needs more explanation in general. Shouldn't there be a small or medium figure clause? Does the rescued figure take disengagement attacks? Does the attacker waste his shot, or can he change targets? When Angel rescues me from a squad, does he have to set me down out of range of the one figure that attacked, or out of range of all figures on the attacker's army card? And shouldn't he be forbidden to set me down adjacent to any enemy figure?

If I were you, I would be worried about how this interacts with other powers that trigger when a figure is attacked. When Angel is within range of a friendly spider-sensor, ninja, nakita, etc. and multiple powers start going off at once... it needs thinking about.
Again you are right. It does need more explanation. It definately need to be small or medium, and say that the figure takes no damage. I think I will also add a clause that says fly to safety only works if the defending figure would receive wounds. That should cover any other defensive abilities.

Next up, Batman's comments.

Old July 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Quote:
Colossus - Steel Skin is just Shields of Valor. I'm not a fan of renaming official powers. I'd agree that Shields of Valor doesn't fit the character namewise, but that's a great reason to think of a new power for him. I'd say get creative on this one.
Not quite, originally it was just a doubly effective tough, adding 2 shields against a normal attack. Now it is simply a slightly more effective tough, where it adds 1 shield against all attacks, including special attacks.

Quote:
Cyclops - Optic Beam is cool and I like how it works a lot. That said, the range and attack should probably be listed as Special, since they're not always 6 range and attack 8. Also, 8 feels pretty darn high for a ranged attack - maybe shorten the initial burst range and then have it go after that?
First of all you got it backwards. It is 8 range and 6 attack. As for the other comments, I'm not exactly sure how I could reword it to use Special for the attack and range values without making it overly wordy and complex.

Quote:
I do want his claws to work against all of his figures, but I do also agree his claws would not really add all that much damage against figures who don't have much other than their skin. So how about this:

ADAMANTIUM CLAWS
Soulborg figures or figures that have the Steel Skin ability roll 2 less attack dice when attacked by Wolverine. Figure with 5 or more defense that are not a Soulborg or have the Steel Skin Ability roll 1 less defense dice when attacked by Wolverine.

Quote:
Professor X - Hypnosis has a typo in it. Can you find it?
Yes, I noticed.

Quote:
Iceman - I like Ice Slide, but 40 levels? That's skyscraper height and seems a tad on the high side to me for a guy basically making luge runs.
Meh, I just basically copied the ability from the Web Swing ability. You are probably right in that 40 levels is to high, so I'll make it a 15 level limit.

Quote:
Beast - Maybe too much of a Beast to really reflect his character? I'd seriously consider toning down Dextrous Flexibility. I like the idea, but basically he gets a minimum of 3 skulls on any attack? That's crazy! That's almost like an auto kill on most squads (of course Grimnak has Chomp and that works in a balanced way). I'm just not sure that kind of offensive firepower really matches what I think of Beast's character, though. I'd consider lowering it to a 2 skulls minimum and lowering his cost to go along with it. Should Beast really be worth more than Iron Man and Captain America? Not to mention Doctor Doom!
I had thought of making it 2 skulls, but I had thought it wouldn't be effective enough. How much do you think lowering it from 3 skull to 2 would lower his price?

Old July 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM

Mad bad on some of those misinterpretations. You're probably right about it being easier and clearer just having Optic Beam as is. Change the third "figure" to "figures" on the Adamantium Claws and I like what you've got there.
15 levels sounds a LOT more reasonable for Ice Man.
Having no fewer than 2 skulls, 3 skulls on average, and a potential for 6 skulls is pretty darn effective, I'd say.
I think with the power as is, he's a tad bit undercosted. I think putting it down to 2 skulls puts him in the 210-220 range, though, which is more where he belongs, IMO.

Old July 13th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

All right, here are the rewritten abilities:

Wolverine's Blind Rage
If there are at least 5 wound markers on this card, Wolverine must attack all adjacent figures, if he is able.

Xavier's Mind Protection
Abilities your opponent uses may not remove Order markers on army cards you control, or change the control of figures you control within 8 clear sight spaces of Professor Xavier.

Rogue's Drain 13
After moving and before attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll the D20. If you roll a 13 or higher, place one wound marker on the chosen figure, and you may remove one wound maker from Rogue. As well, if the chosen figure was not destroyed, you may place a Drain Marker on one of the chosen figure's special powers. As long as the Drain Marker remains, Rogue gains the special power. Remove the Drain Maker when Rogue or the chosen figure is destroyed.

Angel's Carry to Safety 14
When a small or medium figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Angel is attacked by an opponent's figure and would receive wounds, you may roll the D20. If you roll a 14 or higher, place Angel adjacent to the defending figure. Then, move Angel up to 7 spaces, placing the defending figure adjacent to Angel after his move is done. The defending figure takes no wounds and must be place in a position where it can not be targeted by the attacking figure.

Are those better now?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations