Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 15th, 2021, 03:24 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Ken Con 3.0

This year at Kencon I've decided to run a draft format. The way it works is each player will roll for a random 600 point pod and keep that pod for the whole tournament. Each game the players will pool their 600 point pods into one 1200 point pod. The players will then draft a 400 point army in a 1-2-2-2-2.... order. There will be a mix of newer players and veteran players alike. There was some debate on whether to roll a new 600 point pod every round, similar to what happened at Kencon 2.0 but the thought was that the longer a player plays with his specific 600 point pod, the more comfortable they will become with at least half of the pod in each game.

Anyway, what I would like feedback on from you guys is on the 600 point pods themselves. Below are the 12 pods I'm anticipating using. I tried to make synergy fairly obvious in each pod (as well as counters), and offer some differing branching options in each pod as well. I also wanted there to be some synergies between other pods as well. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

(P.S. Do note the Wyvern and Chainfighters synergy with Arkmer and the Nakitas)

Dumutef x 2 50
Death Knights x 3 230
Venoc Warlord 350
Aubrien x 2 490
Air Elemental 520
VV x 2 600

Cutters x 2 100
Brutes x 2 250
Mezzos x 2 380
Brunak 490
Sharwin 600

Minions x 2 220
Runa 340
Izumi 400
Hounds x 2 580
Marcu 600

Spiders x 2 80
Wyvern 180
Estivara 260
Blades x 2 340
Nerak 390
Ornak 490
Iskra 540
Rechets 590
Isamu 600

Major X17 100
Quasatch x 2 300
Repulsors 340
Zetacron 400
Glads 480
Blasts x 2 600

Syvarris 100
Drake 1.0 210
Mohicans x 2 350
Black wyrms x 2 410
Brave arrow 460
EOV 560
Theracus 600

MFM 100
Krav 200
Romans x 2 300
Valgaurd 410
MBS 460
PK x 2 600

SoJ x 2 220
Concan 300
Knights x 2 440
Denrick 540
Red wyrm x 2 600

Gladiators x 2 140
Crixus 230
Nakita 350
Gorilla x 2 530
Johnny 595

Warden 90
Granite Guardians x 2 290
Grubs x 2 350
WSG 485
Chain fighters x 3 560
Guilty 560
Oto 600

WoA x 3 150
Arkmer 200
Emirroon 280
KG 300
Acolarh 410
Jdawn 510
Brandis Skyhunter 600

Khosumet - 75
WL - 215 (or Frost Giant for @Raider30 )
WoB x 2 - 375
Anubians x 3 600

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; July 19th, 2021 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Beau and his frost giant...
Old April 20th, 2021, 07:32 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Ken Con 3.0

Looks like fun. Nice list of figures. I like the idea in general to level the playing field for variety of skill players.

Really the only thing I don't like is the un-mind-linked elf wizards in that pod. Arkmer is fine, but the others are kind of trap picks without Ulginesh. You can replace with Sonlen Syvarris or even Morsbane, who can be a fun counter draft piece.
Old April 20th, 2021, 08:17 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When are you running KenCon?

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old April 20th, 2021, 09:39 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Vegie, that is a good point. I do think Jdawn could still be worth it, even if you only grab 2 other wizards. Chardris I could see getting rid of.

Coach Muskie, Aug 4-8.

Old July 28th, 2021, 11:26 AM

One small army change, I did take out Chardris for Brandis Skyhunter.
I assigned and let all the players know their draft pools last week so that they have 2 weeks to flesh out their strategies, etc.

I'm interested to see if everything flows as well as I think it will. I'm also interested to see how well the more rookie players do. I'm hoping the 2 weeks notice for their pools will help speed up the drafting process. The players also have knowledge of all the pools so they could theoretically look up everything and even know all synergies and cross counters between pools etc ahead of time, but I think that's a bit ambitious.

After thinking too hard about everything, I think I should have dropped the wyrmlings in the 2 armies or added more in the others. Overall I think that's the only thing I would have changed as of right now. I'll let you know my thoughts after the event to see if I'd make more changes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events