Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 31st, 2012, 04:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Legacy Committee

Delta--"the change in"

So Heroscape Delta would mean "the change in Heroscape".

A joke for those of us proficient in physics/calculus? you don't see those every day...
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:11 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
How much inertia does a system that has only been used for, I think, one tournament ever really have?

Pick a simple name that is immediately understandable. This isn't rocket science.

TLAs are a good place to start. Dynamic/Modified/Flux Pricing/Costing Mod/System? DPS? MCS? FPM?

EDIT: Or just Heroscape at the end, so Modified Price Heroscape, Flux Cost Heroscape, etc.
What the heck is a "TLA"? Is that this new-fangled rocket science I've heard of?
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:13 PM

ThorfinSS is surprisingly tart

Tender-Loving-Apathy?
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:17 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post

I'm dying.

Those badges, and the anti-obfuscatory remarks, have me rolling.

Agreed with kolakoski that changing the name every season seems to invite more confusion than anything. I like the idea of a single, solid name, appended with the year/etc to differentiate them.

Dunno, maybe Heroscape: Delta is the best yet.

And no matter how much I respect dok, I don't find the thought of an acronym — whether "DPS" for "dynamic price system" or the like — to be any more illuminating than the original "Legacy". Not only are acronyms not illuminating, but they are completely unsexy, and I'm sure we all agree that if our Legacy/Dynamic Pricing/Delta/Price is Right/Evolution system is ONE thing, it is indeed sexy.

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 31st, 2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: how about "Heroscape:Sexy"? No, seriously, the more I think about it, the more I like "Heroscape: Delta". It sounds cool.
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:15 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[edit] One of the reasons I like Delta, is for annotation. Raelin is 80c/100∆ (or 100d, if you like). It also sounds ok, like Legacy and a few others. Dynamic Scape is ok, too. A little cumbersome, maybe.

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; October 31st, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
How much inertia does a system that has only been used for, I think, one tournament ever really have?

Pick a simple name that is immediately understandable. This isn't rocket science.

TLAs are a good place to start. Dynamic/Modified/Flux Pricing/Costing Mod/System? DPS? MCS? FPM?

EDIT: Or just Heroscape at the end, so Modified Price Heroscape, Flux Cost Heroscape, etc.
What the heck is a "TLA"? Is that this new-fangled rocket science I've heard of?
Three letter acronym
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:46 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Heroscape Delta is a good choice in my opinion. Not super descriptive, but descriptive enough, and definitely not misleading at all. And it sounds cool, too.
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:07 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Round and round we go. Opinions on the name, Delta, Evolution, whatever, are clearly highly subjective. We've made our arguments for the most part. How should a decision be made? Which brings us back to a previously asked, and unanswered, question: Who is on the Committee, how do they become members, and how does the Committee function?
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:46 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Delta--"the change in"

So Heroscape Delta would mean "the change in Heroscape".

A joke for those of us proficient in physics/calculus? you don't see those every day...
Well met!

So we're going with either a joke or an obscure math reference?

[written before my previous post]
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I don't think its too obscure. Like dok said, it means something to some people and is pretty simple to say/read/write/whatever.
Old October 31st, 2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Round and round we go. Opinions on the name, Delta, Evolution, whatever, are clearly highly subjective. We've made our arguments for the most part. How should a decision be made? Which brings us back to a previously asked, and unanswered, question: Who is on the Committee, how do they become members, and how does the Committee function?
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I don't think its too obscure. Like dok said, it means something to some people and is pretty simple to say/read/write/whatever.
Well met!

OK, now what?
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:53 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

I'm for Delta!

As for the Committee, it is anyone who wishes to join me in play testing. Not terribly official, just a name, of sorts.

I'll put in the how to's in the main post.

Edit: It wont let me change the thread title for some reason .-.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Last edited by The_X_Marker; November 1st, 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions