Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 6th, 2017, 05:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Thanks for the insight @Hahma . It does look very tempting.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 6th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am really Interested in Massive Darkness let me Know how it plays would you, cause I might have to get it. I find it hard to justify getting Cmon games at retail but I didn't have the funds to support it with my other expenses.

Hahma, how would gloomhaven be with 3?

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 6th, 2017, 06:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Sure thing. Its probably going to be august from their last update.

Old April 6th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
No problem TREX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post

Plays great with 3. That's how I've been playing it with my 14 year old twin daughters. Have played 5 scenarios so far and plan on another one this weekend.

The scenarios are scaled based on 2 things. Number of characters in play 2, 3 or 4. The scenario will show you which enemies will be in it, and also show how many of each will be there based on number of characters.

The other means of scale is based on the average level of the characters. So the higher average, the higher level of the enemies will be, the higher level traps will be, but also the higher the loot:gold conversion will be, as well as the higher the bonus xp's will be. You can also adjust the difficulty level too if you want.

So it makes it so you can have various level characters in play and it will scale accordingly. When a character retires the player will start a new character, but the level started at will depend on the prosperity of the city. Also, some characters will retire sooner, and some later and at higher levels, based on their quest chosen with their retirement requirement.

One thing though, expect to spend a decent amount of time on setup and a good 2 hours to play a scenario. After a few scenarios, you'll likely have more options as to which ones you go to next, depending on choices made earlier and global achievements. So we choose where we will go next, and I'll set things up. Then we will either play in one long sitting, or over the course of a couple nights.

Be prepared, it's not a short game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 6th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
No problem TREX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post

Plays great with 3. That's how I've been playing it with my 14 year old twin daughters. Have played 5 scenarios so far and plan on another one this weekend.

The scenarios are scaled based on 2 things. Number of characters in play 2, 3 or 4. The scenario will show you which enemies will be in it, and also show how many of each will be there based on number of characters.

The other means of scale is based on the average level of the characters. So the higher average, the higher level of the enemies will be, the higher level traps will be, but also the higher the loot:gold conversion will be, as well as the higher the bonus xp's will be. You can also adjust the difficulty level too if you want.

So it makes it so you can have various level characters in play and it will scale accordingly. When a character retires the player will start a new character, but the level started at will depend on the prosperity of the city. Also, some characters will retire sooner, and some later and at higher levels, based on their quest chosen with their retirement requirement.
Thanks man, Don't know how I feel about it just yet, but knowing it plays well with three I might have to check it out as that is my usual game group. With BGG going crazy over it I'm tempted.

Quote:
Sure thing. Its probably going to be august from their last update.
Thanks a lot mate. I wish you a Speedy few months until it's arrival.

Old April 7th, 2017, 08:21 AM
"like" happy

I just recieved all of my rum and bones 2nd tide stuff( minus the extra dice and coins, They will come soon I guess) the stuff looks awesome. I just started painting my season 1 figures and they are looking good.

Old April 13th, 2017, 11:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

This Sunday, the kickstarter for a game called The Drowned Earth will start. It's a tabletop tactical minis game set in a world after people screwed up the climate and the oceans rose.

http://www.thedrownedearth.com

https://m.facebook.com/thedrownedear...ernal&mt_nav=1

Will post the KS link when it goes live

Old April 14th, 2017, 12:11 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Looks very cool, but might be a little bit to intense of a game for me kinda like Warhammer.I could see dropping way to much money and space into it.

Old April 14th, 2017, 12:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, it depends on how much it costs. I've recently sold my Mice and Mystics collection, and have some money to spend. I have about $150 I can spend freely (though I got a good bit less than that for M&M), so if it looks like I can get a good bit for that much for The Drowned Earth, I may give it a go. Otherwise, I may consider getting into Guildball, Bushido, or just buy a good bit more terrain for Frostgrave and Halo Ground Command. Either way, I may buy a 4x4 snow and tundra neoprene game mat, from FLG (Front Line Gaming) mats. They are having a pre-order sale until April 21st, where the mats are $5 off and there's free shipping. I'm looking at the Snow covered Tundra one because I can cover up a bit of the tundra sections with terrain when playing Frostgrave, and much of the snow when playing Halo Ground Command or other games. Or just play with a mix of snow and tundra. 4x6 would be nice, as I have a 4x6 gaming table I can set up, but it's $15 more, and most games only require a 3x3 or 4x4 playing surface.

So we'll see as far as what the investment for The Drowned Earth would be. It doesn't necessarily have to be that dense with trees, but I can see that building up my terrain collection will be important no matter what I get into.

I'm going to try to make some terrain here and there to reduce what I have to buy by some.

Old April 14th, 2017, 12:50 AM
"like" happy

Drowned earth looks pretty and I love the models and terrain. The whole move an inch or 2 thing where you pull out a ruler or guestimate is a turnoff for me. I got in some xwing tonight and that targeting ruler is about as far as I like to go with that.

Old April 14th, 2017, 01:37 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You guys should check out Runewars Miniatures game then.
Old April 14th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
You guys should check out Runewars Miniatures game then.
Have you tried it? It looks amazing, I love the universe, but I don't know if I can justify buying another game similar to X-Wing, which I've already sunk so much money into with plans for more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games