Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 1st, 2010, 05:48 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tree Town Open VI

( Post TTO VI coverage starts on page 8 .... NOTE Photos on page 10)

TREE TOWN OPEN VI
- "The original National Heroscape Day Event"

Place: Waldorf College ( Atrium ) – Forest City, IA

Date: October 16, 2010 (NHSD)

Sign in: 9:30 – 9:50 am

Start 1st round: 10:00 am

Entry fee: $10

Format: Swiss Style 525-point army ( No Custom or Marvelscape figures )1-hour time limit per round.

Maps – 24 hex starting positions on each map .36 different maps (or more) one row will be featuring a theme: Lava, another Snow, another Road, another Jungle, and the last one Castle parts "( Tree and starting locations as well as any modification to be announced ) We will try to have everyone play on a different theme each round if possiable

.Glyphs:Astrid , Brandar , Crevcor , Dagmar , Erland , Gerda , Valda

TTO Rule: - Any figure adjacent to a tree may roll an additional defense die when being attacked by a non-adjacent figure. ( what did you expect after all your playing in " The TreeTownOpen ")

Tournament Director: Jormi_Boced

What You should Bring: Figures (525 pt max), Dice (Attack/Defense/D-20), Turn Markers, Wound Markers. Good Sportsmanship

If you think you may be attending please go to Tree Town Open VI - who is coming? and add your name to the list.... Thank you

The best news is we will be going back to Waldof College Atrium which worked out so well last year!

</p>Waldorf College ( Atrium )

The Atrium offers a more upscale setting for our tourney.

Note: you can bring in your own food and drink in (unlike the Super Bowl ). However I would encourge everyone to buy your food and dirnk in town if you would. There is a Hardees directly across the street and a The Corner Market just across the intersection (the old bank drive thru) and next to that a Subway all three are a minute or less walk, with more options are avaliable down the block(s). One downside for a few of you - NO Alcohol ( sorry ).

If your coming from I-35 come down highway 9 as you are used to and go past the Super Bowl. Approx 1 mile you will see one of our towns two stop lights. From the stop light - you will ver left up the hill this is Secor Ave and as you go up the hill you can see the court house. If you come into town and hit our other stoplight you can also turn and go up the hill and it will lead you straid to the courthouse and Waldorf. If you should happen to come into town on anyother road (country blacktop) you most likely will also see the courthouse on the top of the hill downtown - Just head to the courthouse and you will find Waldor and the Atruim.

Questions: Post here on this thread or e-mail me at: heroscaperdad@yahoo.com

Last edited by Codeman; October 18th, 2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Post TTO coverage starts on page 8
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:49 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Smile Re: Tree Town Open Vi

PRIZES - I am happy to announce

is providing the Tree Town Open Prize Table.

In the past they have been great sponsers of the TTO and of course this site.

I am pleased that they are coming all the way from Michiagan to be with us. Not only are they taking care of our prizes they will also set up a booth. You will be able to pick up some of your gaming needs right here at the Tree Town Open. I hope everyone checks out their inventory of product they brought down to Iowa.

- PRIZES -

Thank you Wargamers Headquarters for furnishing the bulk of the 2010 TTO prizes ....

Last edited by Codeman; October 12th, 2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Wargamers Headquarters Prizes
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Tree Town Open Vi

You know I'll be there!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:30 PM

Re: Tree Town Open VI

Before the Tree Town Open VI .... I am hosting a disc golf tourney here... so if there are any gamer/discgolfers out there ( I know a few you ) you are welcome to come to Tree Town a month early and play some disc golf.

Players goodie bag includes a t-shirt and a disc your choice ESP Nuke, Z Nuke, Cryztal Buzzz, or Z Stalke disc, and some other misc items. So far two vendors will be on the ground selling both Innova & Discraft discs.

Last edited by Codeman; September 2nd, 2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 04:54 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wont be able to make it out for that Disc Golf tournament but I'll bring my discs with when we come up for NHSD and mybe we can play a few holes at some point. Hotel plans are going to be made in the next week or two so Im sure we'll be out there the Friday before.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:37 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

I would love to go disc golfing! I'll talk to a couple of friends of mine and see if they want to so the trip is worth it. As for TTO I plan on going this year I just need to see if I can get the day off of work first.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:52 PM

For any that need hotel info ...I will give all three

The Lodge (641-585-5060) - on the southside of town enter off of US 69 ( long wooded lane heading east ) They have both Rooms($65.75) and Suites ($86.95).

The Super 8 (641-585-1300) - also on US 69 and just a little further south than the Lodge. Their rooms are $69.99. The Super 8 would be the newest hotel in town as I think it may have been built maybe 10 years or so a go.

The Village Chateau (641-585-4351) - also on US 69 but on the North side of Town. Their room rates are $56 for two double beds.

As of today they all have rooms available .... However due to the un-ending wind farms being built in this area many nights these hotels are booked full of wind farm workers as well as some highway road crews.
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav11111 View Post
I would love to go disc golfing! I'll talk to a couple of friends of mine and see if they want to so the trip is worth it. As for TTO I plan on going this year I just need to see if I can get the day off of work first.
Just got home and checking the site..... I see your from St Cloud... I just got back from Buffalo Minnesota which much be only a few miles SE of you. It is a bit of a drive but the good news is you probably have interstate driving all but the last 16 or so miles ( what ever it takes to get to downtown FC from exit 203). If you come to play disc golf that about mile closer

Last edited by Codeman; September 4th, 2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:15 PM

It just been confirmed .... and I am happy to announce:

I am pleased that they are coming all the way from Michiagan to be with us. Not only are they taking care of our prizes they will also set up a booth. You will be able to pick up some of your gaming needs right here at the Tree Town Open. I hope everyone checks out their inventory of products they brought down to Iowa.

The Prize table will be a little different for year six of the TTO, but I am excited to see how it goes. They keep supporting us as a site supporter here on Heroscapers and they have been generous in several of the past TTOs offering $50 prize certificates as well as several smaller ones and other prizes...they have been good to us.........so please come to Tree Town on October 16 and support them.

Last edited by Codeman; September 9th, 2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:05 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

That is great news! Thank you very much Wargamers HQ!!!
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:44 PM

Briguy385 knows what's in an order marker Briguy385 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
It just been confirmed .... and I am happy to announce:

I am pleased that they are coming all the way from Michiagan to be with us. Not only are they taking care of our prizes they will also set up a booth. You will be able to pick up some of your gaming needs right here at the Tree Town Open. I hope everyone checks out their inventory of products they brought down to Iowa.

The Prize table will be a little different for year six of the TTO, but I am excited to see how it goes. They keep supporting us as a site supporter here on Heroscapers and they have been generous in several of the past TTOs offering $50 prize certificates as well as several smaller ones and other prizes...they have been good to us.........so please come to Tree Town on October 16 and support them.

Plus at least one of us will be playing too!!

Game on,
Brian
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:37 PM

I'm glad your going to be playing as well, and thank both of you again for deciding to travel to Forest City and spen NHSD with us.

Wow..I'm going to have to change our TTO logo now! .... Looks like I to have to add a water tile on Wisconsin and then add a single MI hex onto water tile .

Here is the logo we came up a couple years ago...I'll see if we can modify it .

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events