Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old April 13th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
New Site: Welcome, post your reaction

Okay, so, come on in, have a seat. Just move that 2x4 out of the way, and brush the sawdust off the chair. It's a bit messy, true, but I think we fixed the old girl up rather nicely.

So, first thing you wanna do is find out all about the new awesomeness. For that, you want the front page.

For my part, being as I am one of the guys behind the curtain, I'll show you a couple of loose floorboards and rough edges you'll want to watch out for.

First, your timezone is almost certainly wrong, so all the times (and maybe even dates) you see are probably wrong. Go fix that. Use the "User CP" (that stands for "control panel") and use "Edit options" over on the left side.

Secondly, your avatar is probably gone. That's TOTALLY my fault. I am 100% solely responsible for that. So hopefully you have a copy and you can just reupload it (that's somewhere in the "User CP" too). If not ... well, there's always a chance I can dig it out of a backup, but I wouldn't hold my breath on turnaround time if I were you. Easiest just to reupload.

For the next possibly hour after I post this, the search indexes will be rebuilding. If you try to search for something in that time, you may find it ... but then again you may not. After roughly an hour's time, tho, it should be all good.

Okay, next, when you go to post something, the "submit" and "preview" buttons are backwards from what you're used to. Don't get confused.

Also, I used to be able to navigate away from the posting page with a half-written message and come back and have my message still be there. Don't try that here in the new place. In fact, you may just want to stay away from the back button altogether. (Apparently, as pointed out more recently by Eckels, this only happens when you use WYSIWYG mode, as discussed below.) (Further edit: Forget that; even the plain text box tends to lose your post sometimes. I just wouldn't trust it.)

Speaking of posting, you may notice there's a new WYSIWYG mode for the post editing. We made it the default for everyone. If you miss your old friends the BBcodes, just use the A/A button (where one is a fancy A and one is a plain A) in the upper right of the posting box. You can also make the non-WYSIWYG mode your default: again, somewhere in the User CP.

Well, those are the nails sticking out that I know about. Perhaps you'll find some of your own in the coming weeks. But we're still out here banging 'em down, so never fear. And look at all the shiny new toys you've got to play with!

Have fun guys.

Please use these threads in the Scapers Online section to track the respective items:
New Site: Unresolved Issues
New Site: Cool New Features You've Found
New Site: Play in the Sandbox
New Site: List of Admins and All User Groups

Last edited by Xotli; April 16th, 2008 at 03:01 AM. Reason: further clarified one point
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New Digs

I love the Idea of Reputation points.
It is a great way to give a little reward to someone that writes a good article.
I like the site but I have a problem with how the new posts are shown on the main forum page. It is nice but it is sometimes hard to distinguish form the others.
Over all thank you to every person that helped in the production of this new site.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart

I like the Quick Reply feature, a lot, and Scapers is now more like a traditional forum, which is a good and bad thing

The bad thing is I think new forums users while drawn in to the simple old website, and the "High-Tech" new one

I like how it looks to, but so used to the old one it's going to have to grow on me a little

Click Above for My Sig Link

Last edited by tyguy94920; April 13th, 2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old April 13th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After much looking around,and many cancel clicks I noticed that there really isn't a reference to Housemousegames anywhere. I am sure this is in development right?

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:23 AM

Xaqery is surprisingly tart

I want to say thanks and well done to all those involved in making this new site. It looks great! I will really enjoy the uni-login. Also I find the reputation feature interesting.

I really appreciate all the efforts many of you continuously add to this site and once again find myself wishing I could contribute more.

Thanks guys!

- Dwight

Reality is the fantasy of the majority
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hey guys. I had a setting screwed up so that users couldn't post comments to the front page there. That is fixed.
Old April 13th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Hey guys. I had a setting screwed up so that users couldn't post comments to the front page there. That is fixed.
I thought you had done that deliberately.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old April 13th, 2008, 12:12 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker

Thanks Truth and fellow admins. The new site is awesome!

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old April 13th, 2008, 01:02 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, nice work.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old April 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Love the new site.

Old April 13th, 2008, 01:07 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation

Ya fellas did a great job, but this will take time to get used to!
Old April 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Neato jet! I can't wait to play with all the new features!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online