Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old October 30th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
900 from the Ojama Tokens

2100 from Cyber Dragon

3000 from Ojama King

2200 from Goblin Elite

for a grand total of 8,200, yeah it was agreat day, it was also the day I placed top 8 and got my invite to nationals,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old October 30th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
*sheesh*

You guys are WAYYYYYY ahead of me on the curve. I'm not even using my ritual summons or fusion cards yet. I only just last night had the blazing insight that sorting monsters by ATK/DEF is wrongheaded and that I need to sort first by type (fiend/warrior/etc.) then by realm (fire/light/etc.). So now I'm looking at what I have and think either spellcasters or dragons may be the way for me to go at this point. I've got Lord of D and the Dragon Flutes so I can spam dragons pretty good. On the other hand, I have several good spellcasters and associated boosts.

Hey, answer me another question or two while we're here. If I use "Monster Reborn" to drag a 6-star out of the graveyard, do I have to tribute? What about with summoned dragons?

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 30th, 2006, 04:13 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
nope. monster reborn can bring anything back, regardless.

Please note that the only way for fusion monsters, ritual monsters, or any other monster that is special summon only (it'll say on the card; IE Chaos Sorcerer says This monster may only be special summoned by removing from play one light and one dark monster from your graveyard, or something to that efeect) may only be summoned from thr graveyard if it was previously special summoned successfully. In other words, if Card destruction or some other card effect removes a monster that can only be special summoned from you hand to the graveyard, it can no longer be summoned, unless it goes back to your hand first.
Old October 30th, 2006, 04:44 PM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt

2100 from Cyber Dragon

3000 from Ojama King

2200 from Goblin Elite

for a grand total of 8,200, yeah it was agreat day, it was also the day I placed top 8 and got my invite to nationals,
Nice. I wish I had a tourney around my parts; I already stomp everybody around here. Because I got bored, I moved onto MtG, which is a very good thing... Time Spiral ftw!
Old October 30th, 2006, 04:45 PM

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
nope. monster reborn can bring anything back, regardless.

Please note that the only way for fusion monsters, ritual monsters, or any other monster that is special summon only (it'll say on the card; IE Chaos Sorcerer says This monster may only be special summoned by removing from play one light and one dark monster from your graveyard, or something to that efeect) may only be summoned from thr graveyard if it was previously special summoned successfully. In other words, if Card destruction or some other card effect removes a monster that can only be special summoned from you hand to the graveyard, it can no longer be summoned, unless it goes back to your hand first.

What he said,

I will say that Ritual Monsters are a waist. They don't have the proper support to truly be useful.

Also be careful on what Fusions you use. 80% of the fusions out there are crap, and don't drawn in by attacks on these guys. The fusion costs can get overlooked once you see that super attack.

All in all keeping a simple yet high combo deck is the best option. Pojo has some great info on building great decks and strategies that may be overlooked by most.

http://www.pojo.com/yu-gi-oh/index.shtml

Also Dark Paladin, Deathjester and JEAlove have some great insights into the game.

Getting ahold of cards like Mobious, Cyber Dragon, Spirit Reaper, Zaborg and Forced Back can help you understand the game a little more, unless you are like me and like running Moky Moky and Gravekeeper Decks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Blanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt

2100 from Cyber Dragon

3000 from Ojama King

2200 from Goblin Elite

Nice. I wish I had a tourney around my parts; I already stomp everybody around here. Because I got bored, I moved onto MtG, which is a very good thing... Time Spiral ftw!
I gave up CCG's all together, the replay value is there but I don't like Blind-Purchase any more.

I'm really starting to get more into games like Ticket to Ride, Catan and A&E. The only problem with that is most of the game folk around here like to stick to what they know and never try new games,

Old October 30th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think I have several cards geared towards a gravekeeper deck (necrovalley and other stuff) but I didn't really evaluate it because it seemed like there were a lot of synergies there that I wouldn't be able to understand yet.

No ritual monsters?!? But Black Lustre Soldier looks soooo nifty!

As for fusion... I'm having a hard time understanding why most of them are any good, so your response is useful in evaluating them. Do you have to include the base monsters of a fusion to put the fusion card in your fusion deck? I ask because there's a card I have that lets you use a fusion monster for a turn (some sort of illusion effect).

On the site you linked, where should I start? It looks a bit overwhelming

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 30th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I have a gravekeeper deck. They can be really fun if worked properly. I don't know that mine is a "proper" gravekeeper deck, but it bugs my son quite a bit when I play him. I would typically win in 4-5 turns, but I would often hold back. When I held back it would let him get his beasts on the field and there wasn't anything I could do at that point. CA what do you have in your gravekeeper decks?

I have to say a big ditto to what CA said. Ritual and Fusion monsters are a waste. They are usually too hard to get on the field and they don't have a lot of bang for the buck. I would have to say that the best thing to do is figure out what kind of deck you want, put together a wishlist and then buy it online. The blind purchase thing is a horrible money pit. That's a big reason I'm happy Heroscape isn't blind purchase AND my son likes it more than Yu Gi Oh now.

I'm also nowhere near a pro at the game, so I would put more stock in what others are saying.
Old October 30th, 2006, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
I think I have several cards geared towards a gravekeeper deck (necrovalley and other stuff) but I didn't really evaluate it because it seemed like there were a lot of synergies there that I wouldn't be able to understand yet.

No ritual monsters?!? But Black Lustre Soldier looks soooo nifty!

As for fusion... I'm having a hard time understanding why most of them are any good, so your response is useful in evaluating them. Do you have to include the base monsters of a fusion to put the fusion card in your fusion deck? I ask because there's a card I have that lets you use a fusion monster for a turn (some sort of illusion effect).

On the site you linked, where should I start? It looks a bit overwhelming

~Aldin
Only Fusion monsters go in your fusion deck, right now the best types of fusion decks are Cyberstein OTK, E-Heroes (though they are still lackluster) and maybe Frog Fusion.

There are fusion substitute monsters out there and they can be found easily here. www.yugioh-cards.net This is where I bought all of my cards. he is alot like Sandra in the fact that he could help you with nearly any purchase, he isn't really a player though, but that is what Pojo is for,

Fusions and Rituals are harder due to the fact that they take so many cards from your hand. The more cards you have, the more options you have. If you have to give up 2 Monster cards and 1 Spell (polymerization) just to get it on the field that means the most cards you still have in your hands are 3. And honestly how often do you have six cards, most of the time you will have 4. If you have to give up 75% of your hand just to summon something to your field, that could just be Bottomless Trap Holed then you just lost all of that work for nothing.

Keeping your concentration on special summons and combos with Traps is usually the strongest route to go. With Chaos decks out of the way players have the chance to get more creative with a build. Dragons just got alot of power as well as Fairy decks, Burn Decks and Water Deks.

I will say that dragons are the most promising with Horus the Black Flame there to back them up. Horus along side a Royal Decree can get your opponent down to nothing in nearly 2 turns.

You won't really have to worry about builds like this for a while. Untill you have been ripped apart a few times you won't see the true power behind some cards and the complete uselessness of others.

Stay simple for now, get used to learning your spell and traps. Complicated monsters will begin forcing there way into your decks before you know it. Also the downfall to a good player is a Nomad Complex, if you keep changing your main deck around alot you will never really find it's faults.

If you want to try new things, make a new deck. This will help point you towards success and ultimately teach you things about your play pattern,

Old October 30th, 2006, 07:15 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Fusion Monster, Ritual Monster... man this game sounds awfully complicated for kids...

Just a quick question for anyone who has played both MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh: are they about the same in complexity or is one harder to learn than the other. I'm just curious since I used to play MTG.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old October 30th, 2006, 08:56 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
he aldin if ya aare lookin for any cards ask me cause i might have some of the ones you is lookin for and we can work sumthin out. just send me a pm.

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old October 30th, 2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Fusion Monster, Ritual Monster... man this game sounds awfully complicated for kids...

Just a quick question for anyone who has played both MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh: are they about the same in complexity or is one harder to learn than the other. I'm just curious since I used to play MTG.

If you have played MTG first then YGO will come as a little hard, but if you have played YGO first MTG will come as second nature.

The problem with YGO as compared to MTG is it's over complication on certain actions.

MTG is more fun IMO than YGO and can bring better and more exciting combinations.

YGO didn't used to be complicated at all, but they started adding game dynamics that started causing problems with the flow of a game (ie removed from play creatures that come back and leave, as well as cards that can go back and forth between the graveyard and hand/field/removed)

Fusions and Rituals are another part of the game that has begun to add the same complications.

A great example is a Spirit Reaper. Reaper can stay on the field forever unless it is targeted, then it dies, but certain cards can be activeted that don't target so he doesn't die while at the same time if he is negated he is destroyed.

It's not the reason I left the game, but I didn't like the direction the game was going. They weren't getting rid of POWER CARDS or Staples (like MTG) and every deck started looking the same (like MTG) that is IF you could afford the cards.

They added to many complications and didn't get rid of the old over-powered cards and still haven't.

MTG got rid of those crazy cards and started getting back to the beauty of the game, YGO may never do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by player_of_football
he aldin if ya aare lookin for any cards ask me cause i might have some of the ones you is lookin for and we can work sumthin out. just send me a pm.
Ditto,

Old October 31st, 2006, 10:38 AM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
Quote:
I gave up CCG's all together, the replay value is there but I don't like Blind-Purchase any more.
The only time I buy a booster pack is when we do a draft tourney. I usually buy three multiples of a pre-con deck and then use my leftover cards as trading bits to complete my deck.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games