Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old May 5th, 2011, 04:25 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Re: George R. R. Martin (as well as other recommendations)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz1597 View Post
My biggest casting complaint so far is Ser Ilyn Payne. He doesn't fit my mental image at all...
Is that the guy the accompanied Lady Stark to King's Landing?
Ser Rodrik Cassell, the master-at-arms, is the guy who accompanied Lady Stark. He trained all of the Stark boys, and is an excellent swordsman.
OK so he's the on that the little Lannister guy mentioned training Jon Snow.
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:19 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz1597 View Post
My biggest casting complaint so far is Ser Ilyn Payne. He doesn't fit my mental image at all...
Is that the guy the accompanied Lady Stark to King's Landing?
Ser Rodrik Cassell, the master-at-arms, is the guy who accompanied Lady Stark. He trained all of the Stark boys, and is an excellent swordsman.
OK so he's the on that the little Lannister guy mentioned training Jon Snow.

He arrived without beard barf though from their boat ride
Old May 7th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
He arrived without beard barf though from their boat ride
He didn't shave off his "side whiskers" either. (Not that it matters.)

Old May 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The episodes have slowed down a bit to a pace that works magnicently well in book form but seems a bit off or boring in TV form. I'm still loving every second of it, but I fear that is only because I am a huge fan, I fear non readers will be bored. My wife says she is still enjoying it, but I thought her body language implied she was not as entertained. The next few episodes should pick the pace back up, I think.
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:24 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
The episodes have slowed down a bit to a pace that works magnicently well in book form but seems a bit off or boring in TV form. I'm still loving every second of it, but I fear that is only because I am a huge fan, I fear non readers will be bored. My wife says she is still enjoying it, but I thought her body language implied she was not as entertained. The next few episodes should pick the pace back up, I think.
I have that same fear. I guess we'll see if it's just an episode 3 and 4 thing, or if the whole season shares the same pace. All I know is, my wife is now 500 pages into A Game Of Thrones (finally!) and loving it.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was a little bummed that the Hand's Tournament didn't get more air time. They showed the most important part of it, sure, but I would have liked to have seen the Knight of Flowers vs. the Mountain. And the Hound vs. the Mountain. I also wished they would have stuck to the Hound telling Sansa his "origin" instead of Littlefinger.

Old May 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
I was a little bummed that the Hand's Tournament didn't get more air time. They showed the most important part of it, sure, but I would have liked to have seen the Knight of Flowers vs. the Mountain. And the Hound vs. the Mountain. I also wished they would have stuck to the Hound telling Sansa his "origin" instead of Littlefinger.
Agreed on both of these. My wife was annoyed that Littlefinger was the one to tell it.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old May 9th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wasn't bothered that it was Littlefinger who told the story, I had time to prepare as it looked that way in the trailer. It helsp Littlefinger look as though he has a way of knowing 'everything' which is an important facet of his character.

I wish that during his speech, we at least got the slight visuals and sound effects as though other less important jousters were competing, and perhaps have some CGI standins for audience. It looked like a poor showing for the continents capital city.

It was nice to finally see Ghost (for more than a glimpse), though his lacking presence had my wife asking "Where did that direwolf come from?"

Edit: I was also a big fan of the casting choice for Samwell Tarly. He was virtually unlikable as I read the books, but I'm already enjoying his presence in the show.
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:28 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I always had a soft spot for Samwell in the books.
Old May 10th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Sandy 7-Up

Quote:
I wasn't bothered that it was Littlefinger who told the story, I had time to prepare as it looked that way in the trailer. It helsp Littlefinger look as though he has a way of knowing 'everything' which is an important facet of his character.
Good point. I would have just liked more air time for the Hound.
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train
I was also a big fan of the casting choice for Samwell Tarly.
Yeah, that guy is a good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train
He was virtually unlikable as I read the books
Really? Gotta agree with Jormi on this one. Sam's ok in my book. And speaking of books, you can pre-order Dance on Amazon for $18.81.

Old May 10th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Battle Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
Quote:
Good point. I would have just liked more air time for the Hound.
Spoiler Alert!

I think we'll see the
Spoiler Alert!

I wont preorder Dance, I'll head down to the book store the day of release though.

And I guess I'm in the minority on Sam.
Old May 11th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Sandy 7-Up

Quote:
I think we'll see the
Spoiler Alert!

That would be cool.
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books