Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old July 21st, 2007, 02:19 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I think Thanos will go undrafted, as he is the sixth general. :P
Old July 21st, 2007, 02:27 AM
has been BANNED

GoBigorGoHome is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
My hypothetical pairings were based upon how I see each figure and general thematically as opposed to the needs of that general. I really like my Utgar, Vydar, and Jandars groupings which left me 4 figures to divide between Ullar and Einar. From this point I figured Hulk and Abomination couldn't belong to the same general and that Venom was a decent fit for Ullar vased upon the snake connection. Since Einar is mainly all human and 2 of the 3 remaining were human I stuck them in Einar and placed the remaining character-Abomination with Ullar.

If I was drafting with Ullar based upon need then I think his biggest need is lack of many ranged units. Jotun's 8 base attack is already plenty enough of a heavyhitter

-Silver Surfer would fit this need plus it would follow the trend of Ullar having the fastest units.

-Captain America would be tempting due to his multi attacks and also would greatly boost the Aubriens

-Thanos would be both a heavy hitter and a strong ranged unit

Based on utility Ullar should choose Capt although thematically the Surfer is the closest among these 3
Old July 21st, 2007, 04:44 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
GAME ON!!!

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...=306382#332275

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old July 21st, 2007, 09:24 AM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Based on theme, and not on what each general needs:

Jandar - Silver Surfer, Captain America (Both are Valliant, no contest)
Ullar - Venom & Abomination (As stated before, snake & nature theme)
Utgar - Red Skull & Dr. Doom (Utgar has a lot of bonding & Mindshackle & evil)
Einar - Spiderman & Thanos (Spiderman = Ninjas, Thanos wears a samurai outfit)
Vydar - Iron man & Hulk (Iron man b/c Vydar loves range & robots, Hulk was mainly leftover
Old July 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
Well.... seeing as to that Abomination's evil let's put him in oh I don't know how about...UTGAR!!!!

BRUNAK is Nerak in the PLATINUM CAVE!
Old July 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
Vydar is up. Check first page. Tired of all the linkage.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:55 PM

Jandar is up.

Old July 24th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A couple picks in, here are my guesses:

JANDAR
Captain America
Iron Man

People have been mentioning Spider-Man for Jandar, but I doubt it. His threat range isn't big enough. With Cap, one of the least mobile Marvels, already a mortal lock for Jandar's team, he'll be wanting to access some of that Marvel speed with a fly+shoot figure. Thanos and Doom aren't good fits thematically, and the Surfer is taken, so I'm speculating Iron Man as Jandar's second pick. With his 4 life, Tony Stark will be glad to hang out with the boost-happy boys in blue.

ULLAR
Hulk
Thanos

Hulk was another sure winner. Ullar needs a boost in total points, so no budget heroes for him. Doom was tempting, but Frenzy+Thanos is too good to pass up.

EINAR
Venom
Abomination

Since the web-slingers are the only Marvel heroes that boast a D20 protective ability, I think that should be the key factor in assigning them. With Counter Strike, Disappear, and One Shield Defense, Einar has some cool abilities that trigger when attacked. I'd say he should continue the theme with a spider-sensitive figure-- probably Venom because of his mixture of powerful attacks and D20 defense. And with no dragon and a weak flagbearer, Einar definitely needs one of the big build-around killers. Abomination is possibly a little more effective for his points than Thanos and Hulk.

VYDAR
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man

The Surfer was perfect. With Smoke Powder, Stealth Dodge, Tough, and Melee Defense, Vydar also has some top self-protective abilities. I'd go with Spider-Man for his second draft, since he's the most annoying, and even Tricky.

UTGAR
Red Skull
Doom

Who else? Thanos or Abomination, maybe, but Ullar and Einar really need them more. Add the fact that our two masterminds are arch-enemies of Jandar's chosen heroes, and that they can hang out with the Mindshacklers/Shades and Ornak... oh yeah.
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Doom isn't really Iron Man's arch enemy. They're set up against each other in the Marvel Masterset, but Doom is really more a Fantastic Four villain, and I'd put him as a villain for a lot of other heroes before Iron Man, as well. Iron Man's real arch nemesis is Mandrake, but they wanted to get Doom into the Masterset b/c he was a bigger name, no doubt.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 24th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Doom isn't really Iron Man's arch enemy. They're set up against each other in the Marvel Masterset, but Doom is really more a Fantastic Four villain, and I'd put him as a villain for a lot of other heroes before Iron Man, as well. Iron Man's real arch nemesis is Mandrake, but they wanted to get Doom into the Masterset b/c he was a bigger name, no doubt.
Good point. I knew that about Doom, but I'm not really into the Fantastic Four, so I didn't think much of it.
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Iron Man's real arch nemesis is Mandrake, but they wanted to get Doom into the Masterset b/c he was a bigger name, no doubt.
I'm sorry, but who is Mandrake? Also, I thought Iron Man's nemesis is Mandarin.

Old July 24th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hey, I'm a DC fan, I get it as close as I can.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion