Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:28 AM

outlaw_fan_7_8 has disabled reputation
How many players do you think is too many?

i'm trying to get a bunch of people over this Saturday to play and i was just wondering how many people do you all think is to many to play.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:35 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
300???

Unless you have enough chairs
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:38 AM

you would have to wait for hours before you got a turn.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 01:08 AM

Marduk has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw_fan_7_8
you would have to wait for hours before you got a turn.
So you mean in a single game? I would say more than six would be too many, generally speaking. If everyone were familiar with the game and did their turn pretty quickly you could probably do okay with eight or even ten.

Of course you could always use chess tournament timers - limit everyone to 20 or 30 minutes total, and they will not want to take too long on their turns.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old May 22nd, 2007, 01:11 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
I've never played with more than four in a game. Six would probably be alright, but I would prefer to have multiple games going on rather than play with more than four in a single game.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:27 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
A 4p-player game is usually alright with several new players, unless they are pretty slow.

I would only play 6-player if I knew that everyone would play FAST (and I'd be tempted to use egg-timers or chess clocks to enfirce this), or try having players carry out some turns at the same time as each other.

But if you get it wrong, and players have to wait too long between turns, you risk putting them off the game.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old May 22nd, 2007, 09:35 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
The most I have played with is ten. It went about as fast as any other game. I like playing with lots of people because then all my figures get used.

Long live Heroscape.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:53 PM

and i always play with a teen how has to go on and on about his "grand army" (way to much star wars) or his great idea and he never takes his turn in a timely fashion. so.......... where would i get one of those timers?
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM

theats has disabled reputation
hmm, a grand legion?> sounds like me.

Theophilus.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:44 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
I played 8 once. God the pain (800pts). The game took 11 hours painful, to long beetween turns, also the draft was about an hour. Now the most we play is 3 vs. 3. If we get to 8 we split the game in two groups I just line up a tree wall to divide sides. We still draft together. We only play one of each uniques and 3 of each commons, makes you look at figures that usually collect dust.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
How many master sets do you have? You could always have more than one game going.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:22 PM

Mr.Zolt has disabled reputation
I've played one of those painful games before aswell.. almost 8 hours long AND there were only 4 of us! This is mostly because we didn't have a map decided yet and we took forever designing one

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion