Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
MA Tourney - Post-Tournament Thread

Hey all - just starting this thread now for post-tourney discussion, pictures, smack-talk and other frivolity. Please post your post-tourney banter here rather than in the original tourney thread.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:02 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What happen? Everyone beat the tar out of each other… no one left to post any results or battle reports? It’s after 8 PM out there and nothing posted here or at your original thread yet! I would have thought one or two people would have at least posted by now…. I will try to wait patiently for some results.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2021
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
What happen? Everyone beat the tar out of each other… no one left to post any results or battle reports? It’s after 8 PM out there and nothing posted here or at your original thread yet! I would have thought one or two people would have at least posted by now…. I will try to wait patiently for some results.
I too am waiting for some after action reporting!!

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:36 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I played a Nilfheim, 3 x 4th Mass, and Krav army. I ended up with 3 complete wins (all 500 points eliminated in all 3 games) and 1 loss.

(WIN) ROUND 1- I played against a 4th Mass x2, Gilbet, Alistair, knights x2 army

My Krav went down surprisingly early and Nilfheim took out slightly over 100 points or so before dying. My 4th Mass attacked Gilbert for prob 30 mins before killing him due to all the shields he rolled. After Nilf died things looked poorly but my 4th Mass saw me through. In the end it came down to my 3 or 4 4th Mass with height vs his 2. He retreatd, I charged and won with 2 or 3 left.

(WIN) ROUND 2- I played vs an army that had Marros, DW9k, AE, Krav, Carr.

This battle went quickly. Their AE never dropped. My Krav died semi early on but the Marros and his Krav died quickly due to Nilf and my Krav. The game ended when my Nilf flew adjacent to his DW9k and killed him with Nilf's 6 dice attack. Nilf didn't take a single wound and I ended up having roughly 320 or so point remaining

LOSS (Round 3)- I played vs a Kozuke Samurai, Izumi Samurai, Raelin, Kelda, Q9.

This basically came down to Q9 vs Nilfheim. The key moment in the game came when Nilf with height attacked Q9. I inflicted 3 wounds- was 1 blank skull from killing him in that 1 attack. Then Kelda went over and healed him. Unfortunately from this point on Q9 rolled 4-6 per shields per roll. With Q9 averaging almost 5 shields rolled per defense things turned out poorly for me. I managed to kill Kelda and the Kozuke Samurai but that was it. The match ended on time although most of my army had been defeated. With 1 more skull earlier the game would have turned out 100% opposite since they would have been left with only izumi, Raelin, and Kelda. (I knew it was a bad sign when early in the game Q9 attacked my Krav with1 die each and rolled skulls on his 1st 5 attempts thereby killing the 2 in range.)

WIN (Round 4)- I played vs Su Bak Na, Kee Mo Shi, 2 x MicroCorp

-Once against this game my Krav died extremely early. My Nilf then proceeded to take down Keemoshi, 4-5 microcorp, and inflicted 4/5 wounds on Su Bak Na. My 4th Mass inlicted the last wound to Su Bak Na nd the last agent. This game for me was similar to Round 2 where I was in command for the large part of the game.

**Overall the army pleased me. I only lost 1 time and it easily could have gone the other way. The Krav died surprisingly quickly in all 4 games. Nilfheim was quite good and the 4th Mass were as expected. I'd love another shot at that Q9 army that I lost to. I was hoping to play an Orc army but sadly that was not meant to be

****I just wish the scoring went differently. I was only 5 or 6 with 3 complete wins (eliminate all 500 points in the opponents army) yet in overall points finished behind some with only 1 500 point complete win due to the game where their Q9 took out my Nilfheim and then took out my army. I wished there was a bonus for eliminating the opponent's entire army since that was the main objective
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM

curseyoukhan Woo who?
ASmiles came in 1st. Someone who is not a member of this board came in 2nd! Oh, the shame of it all.

It went 4 rounds and I came in 10th with a score of 1760 and an army of Q9, Laglor, Raelin and Krug.

In my last round Robbo and I had an epic battle of the krugs. Both of us had Krugs supported by Raelins. There was no room for maneuver and neither of our krugs had much in the way of injuries so we just kept pounding on each other to pretty much no avail. Finally I was able to get around Robbo's Krug and pick up some damage before returning and ridding the world of the other Krug. In the interim he killed my Laglor and Raelin. I think the rest of his army was Syvarris, Kelda and Chomper. I dispatched them all and finished with only my Krug with 5 wounds on him.

Constantine
<<Insert funny comment here>>

www.CollateralDamage.biz
Today's sarcasm is tomorrow's news™
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
I'll do a longer post soon (must get sleep - big day tomorrow). But overall an AWESOME tourney. 46 players IIRC. I came in like 7th or 9th or something like that with the three amigos army: Braxas, Q-9 and Drake. Two wins and two close losses (355 and 455 pts in the losses).

Prize table was overflowing, great socializing, the kids had a scream at the kids' tourney, lots of teamwork and volunteers made it all flow. OPrime and I could never have done it without everyone who came early and stayed after to get the job done.

Like I said, more to come. Looking forward to the pix!

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old January 13th, 2007, 09:06 PM

Egg has disabled reputation
All I can say was it was a complete blast.

My army (AE, Carr, Marro Warriors, DW9K, Krav) lost miserably to Stealth Dodge and had an epic battle with an army of DW8K, Mimring, Nakita and Red Flag of Fury Flag Bearer.

I was 1 and 3, but didn't really have high hopes for my army... I just wanted to have an all Master Set army.

Egg

This Butcher is checkin' out!
Old January 13th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Rule of Irony #1: To call oneself the Emperor of the Ocean State, even in jest, is to invite complete and utter disaster.

I lost every game I played. The army I had was solid: 2xMass, 2xKnights, Sir Gil, and MacDirk. My thinking however was not solid, and my die rolls were worse. Seriously. There was one match where I couldn't hit anything. Another turn I couldn't roll any shields. Even my opponents, while loving my misfortune, were saying things like "geez dude."

Despite that I had fun. Pilgrim and OPrime know how to run a tourney and it went as smooth as can be. Everybody had a blast and I can't wait for the next one. Thanks gents!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some plastic men to put to the torch.
Old January 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
When I played you in Round 1, Gilbert was a Defensive Machine blocking my 4th Mass attacks like they were shooting paper. Alistair on the other hand had the opposite experience.
Old January 13th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Dodge
When I played you in Round 1, Gilbert was a Defensive Machine blocking my 4th Mass attacks like they were shooting paper. Alistair on the other hand had the opposite experience.
Too true! That display by Gilbert was the best thing that happened to me. I meant to look for you and tell you that after our match Gilbert took every blow that came his way. Ask B:T:L Matt's girlfriend about the Gorillinators that took him to school. You wouldn't have believed he was the same Gilbert.
Old January 13th, 2007, 09:33 PM

Doustin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I came in 3rd from last still had fun though. I had 2x Marrden Hounds, 2x Deathreavers (thats the rats right?), Ninjas and DW8000. 2 of my opponents had mostly soulborgs which ruined my plans with the hounds. My last opponent had all humans and my hounds plagued half of them to death. My prize donations seemed to bomb more than I did. The Fantastic 4 and PSP signs got claimed, and the kids dug through my pin box for a while, but no one wanted the PS3 stuff or many of the pins. Oh well. It was a great time and thanks to everyone that helped get it together. Now we need a tounament further north.

Old January 13th, 2007, 10:32 PM

KMPags has disabled reputation
Congratulations to ASmiles for winning the tournament. You are a true tactician.

I won my first 3 matches fielding 4 Squads of 4th Massachusetts Line and Braxus. I squared off against ASmiles for the final battle who fielded Sir Denrick, Airborne Elite 2 Knights of Weston and 2 4th Massachusetts Line. ASmiles and I were the last two undefeated armies although many other players were extremely close in points.

ASmiles dropped the Airborne Elite on me in the first round and on turn number 1 placed 4 wounds on Braxas and destroyed 6 of my Minutemen. I then wiffed two out of three for Braxus' Poison Breath attack. Ouch! Not a good start.

ASmiles advanced steadily with Sir Denrick and his Knights, maximizing his bonding and movement bonuses. He is sharp as a tack.

I rallied a little bit where it came down to my one squad of 4th Massachusetts Line versus two of his, but I had height advantage. Unfortunately, ASmiles won initiative and made the rolls for the win with 5 remaining Minutemen.

Sadly, the loss dropped to 5th place with 1908 points out of 2000. Congratulations to Jeff (ASmile's friend's son), Ericpaperman and Tina for finishing 2nd, 3rd and fourth. I may have reversed Jeff and Ericpaperman's standing. If I did, I apologize.

Thank you to Pilgrim and Oprime for organizing an unbelievable tournament. Awesome job!

Constantine - great job on the kid's tournament. They all looked like they had a blast and congratulations to Moseby for winning it.

Mr. Bistro – good company on the commute and thanks for the help navigating the trek home. How many times did we have to turn around? lol

It was great to see a bunch a familiar faces and to meet some new ones. I can't wait for the next one!

Kevin Pags

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events