Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: Beantown Beatdown 4 Post-Tourney Thread

My turn to chime in... I had a blast and it was great to see familiar faces again as well as meet new ones. Real quick, I want to say thank you Pilgrim for being a gentleman and donating your prize to Tina, she was a bit distraught with the outcome. She swore to me that she would never leave Braxas home ever again. Thank you to Uprising and Arp12 for letting me borrow the venocs. Also, Guru, sorry I was hogging up your dice-rolling space on the last match...

Okay so my army was known as "Sgt. Zetacron's Motorbreath Pub Band of Venocs" and it consisted of Mittens, Zetacron, and 8x Venocs. I'll admit that I was really worried of this army's capability to win but they did me proud with 4 out of 5 wins.

1st ROUND - Egg
This opening match would've been over in less than 2 minutes if it didn't go the way it did. First turn, Egg gets the drop on AE and places them forward ready to grenade my defenseless venocs who are cramped in the starting zone. I won initiative which was that miracle that I needed. I race them to the AE, kill off 3 of them, roll a frenzy, and the surrounded the fourth one to put him down and prevent the grenade toss. After that, I stormed onward with the venocs. I rolled about 6-7 frenzies in this match and ultimately won, losing a few venocs to counterstrike and some marro warrior attacks.

2nd ROUND - Kosta
Just seeing Kosta place Charos onto the field, I thought this wasn't going to be pretty for me. He wiped out my Zetacron fast, and took down quite a few venocs with Nilfheim, but I ultimately won through wearing him down with wave after wave after wave of venocs. I got about 5-6 frenzies in this match.

3rd ROUND - Onacara
Here is another match that I thought wasn't going to go well for me. Onacara made short work of my Zetacron and even had some great rolls at the start of the match wiping out a decent chunk of my venocs. But towards the end, I was landing a couple of frenzies per turn and managed to scoop a win.

4th ROUND - RobertDD
This match was hard for me. It didn't matter that I was getting 1-2 frenzies a turn, I just could not put down those reavers. I managed to take out a few squads with my waves of venocs, but I just couldn't get the job done. RobertDD was a strong opponent and he had my number on this one.

5th ROUND - Zombie Bomb
This match was tons of fun, but I also felt bad for ZB. I seriously lost count of how many frenzies I got this match. I took out some of his squads and heroes before he ever got to use some of them. It was funny when Onacara was sitting next to ZB playing Guru, and sarcastically said to ZB, "oh yeah, I played the venocs... Believe me, it was great..." ZB's Krav was his saving grace taking out Zetacron and some venocs, but again, the sheer numbers, plus frenzies won out the day.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:37 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Should have some pics up soon.......

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Last edited by Uprising; June 29th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death!

The prize table. Wow!

My second game which was against Bengi. Ug, deep snow. And I thought the Minions of Utgar were slow on regular terrain! No one could move faster than two hexes per turn.

Now you see some Marro Warriors....

...now you don't. I continued to press my assault with these three Minions against Bengi's left flank and with a lot of great dice rolling on my side pretty much rolled up half of his army. Minions are tough.

Here we go, Pilgrim wins initiative, drops the Airborne Elite on a battlement directly in my front and proceeds to lob his grenades into my line with devastating results. I lost about two thirds of my forces. All before I get a chance to do anything. What can I say? I'd like the chance to actually play a game of Heroscape with Pilgrim someday. Seriously, I really didn't mind loosing like that, I was 4-1 for the day and this loss makes for a really good war story! (By the way my army was all red with the exception of their white Queen. It's fun to do theme armies.)

The 10th foot saw a lot of tournement play.

Since everyone knows me through my terrain customizing thread I thought I'd bring a flocked set so those whom were interested could see it up close. I'm glad everyone enjoyed looking at it and the many conversations I had about it. Thanks for all of the compliments everyone!

The winner receives his trophy. Congratulations Pilgrim!

My Custom Terrain Thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=448
My tribute site to TFT/Melee & Wizards: http://www.meleewizards.com/
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

First let me say I had a blast. This was my first tourny and boy did it live up. What an awesome turnout. It was well worth the trip up from Baltimore. I met some great people. All 5 of the people I played against were fun to play and great people. I won't do a whole battle report. I went 2 for 5 on the day, and from a competitive standpoint was dissapointed. However I still had fun and it was great to meet some folks from these boards and put faces with names.

One person I want to single out is tehfattestninja. Ninja you are first class all the way. Not only was ninja fun to play against, at the end of the event he gave his prize to me! He said I drove all the way from Baltimore and I shouldn't leave empty handed. Thanks again ninja, that ment alot to me.

I look forward to playing in the BB next year.

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:45 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Here are some of the pics that imager (aka Shades Dad) took...we will have a full set posted o the NESA website in a day or 2.

More to come shortly....
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post

I got advance warning about this last Monday as we recorded the podcast, I had PLENTY of time to prepare myself....but I am still stunned. Oh my eyes!

I am a firm believer in

but in this case it would have been better without.

Here's to you brother of Du-peee for giving the fan boys what they asked for.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

To

Eckel's Friend-
You played a very good game, and if it weren't for the next game or the one with Grish It would have been my Favorite. Very fun orc army, and I had a lot of fun.

Nyys- First of all the Yankees do not suck, but my preformance in that game did. This was a favorite game of mine, we had similar armies with Zelring, a heavy hitter, and some good range unit. I can't wait to play you again so I can destroy you next time. Shame you can't go to the Slugfest, because my 10 Squads of Zombies would tear you apart.

Grish-Very fun game, and great strategy on your part with the minnions.
This was a very fun match, can't wait to play you again.

To
Uprising- Great to see you again, and you shall be destroyed by my Zombie horde at the Slugfest. Which of course means I'll be using another all one general army again. Looks like you and your habits have worn off on me.

Guru- Wish I got to play you, but it wasn't in the cards. Next time!

Ninja- Great costume, and repaints. I can't wait to play you as well.

Onacara- Great to see you and your sons again.The feud continues.

Eckels- Great to see you again, just beat me by a couple of points again.

RobertDD- Great to meet the person I have been taking to online for a while. Can't wait to battle you.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post

I got advance warning about this last Monday as we recorded the podcast, I had PLENTY of time to prepare myself....but I am still stunned. Oh my eyes!

I am a firm believer in

but in this case it would have been better without.

Here's to you brother of Du-peee for giving the fan boys what they asked for.
I had to throw in the Bistro sucks sign.

Old June 29th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Was that you that wrote "Bistfo" ???

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Quote:
Bistro you Sucks!!!
Sorry for the messy handwriting. It was done on the fly.

Old June 29th, 2008, 04:41 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

NESA website updated with over 100 pics from the Beatdown

Click Here
Old June 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Huge Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Quote:
Bistro you Sucks!!!
Sorry for the messy handwriting. It was done on the fly.
No worries....we all got a kick out of it.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events