Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 29th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Beantown Beatdown 4 Post-Tourney Thread

Congrats on the big win Pilgrim! And congrats to everyone who avoided being blinded by the pink power ranger
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro View Post
Congrats on the big win Pilgrim! And congrats to everyone who avoided being blinded by the pink power ranger
Just wait till you see the pictures!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmiles View Post
Here's the Results of the 13+ portion of the tourney. Post Tourney Wrap and Stats to come later. I'll also upload the file for anyone who wants to see the match by match breakdown.

Wins Points Name Army
5 2500 Pilgrim Houndsx3, KA, AE
5 2306 Asmiles 10thx2, Romansx2, Marcus, MBS, Krav
4 2425 Disco Stu Cyprien, Isamu, Otonashi, Minionsx3
4 2300 Kosta Nilf, Charos, Krav
4 2217 theGuru Dupuis, KoWx3, Raelin, DeD
4 2160 B:T:L Matt Mittens, Venocx8, Zetacron
4 2058 RobertDD Stingersx4, Reaversx2, Q9
4 1853 Grishnakh KG, Isamu, Marcu, 10thx3, Minionsx2
3 2289 Dan Swog, Agrutsx2, BGrutsx3, Nerak, Tornak, Krug
3 2275 Ollie Minionsx2, 10thx2, Tarn, Zetacron, Marcu
3 2259 Oak Q9, Q10, Carr, Izumi, Isamu
3 2250 NYYS Zelrig, WSG, Stingersx2, Nagrubsx2
3 2227 Sniper Viper Zetacron, Otonashi, KoWx3, Isamu, Finn, Gilbert, Dumutef
3 2217 Bengi Groksx2, NGS, MBS, Tarn, MW
3 2152 Nyphot Braxas, AE, Krav, Raelin
3 2023 Onacara Sujoah, Spidersx2, 10th x3, Isamu
3 1980 Mogrebla New Drake, EOV, Krav, Raelin, MW
3 1917 Curseyoukhan GO, Q10, Krav, Krug, Guilty
3 1880 Tehfattestninja Minionsx2, Omnicronx2, Zetacron, Otonashi, Isamu
3 1835 ZombieBomb Isamu, Shiori, NotNW, Warden, Krav, Guilty, Marcu, Raelin
2 2292 fil 10thx2, Finn, Cyprien, Sonya, Zetacron, Isamu
2 2140 Eckels 4thx2, Eldgrim, Thorgrim, Finn, New Drake
2 2138 Shades Fan Zelrig, Crixus, 10thx3
2 2102 Nyphot's Better Half Cyprien, Sonya, Nilf, Stingersx2
2 2073 Jotuns Blacksmith Zelrig, Zetacron, AE, Raelin, Isamu, Dumutef, Eldgrim
2 2009 Anthony Jr. Stingersx3, Hounds, MW, Grok, MBS
2 1987 Eann Moriko, Emiroon, KG, Chadris, Ulgy
2 1965 arp12 Zelrig, GO, Kozuke, Valguard
2 1904 Rec_Thug 4thx2, KoWx2, Gilbert, Alastair
2 1800 Egg Syvarris, AE, Raelin, MW, Izumi, Krav
2 1786 SJScaper Sujoah, Spidersx3, Sonlen, Guilty
2 1677 Clan Campbell Carr, Raelin, Sonlen, DeD, Micro
2 1598 Craig Syvarris, Aubrienx3, Acolarh, Kelda
2 1531 Super Esenwein 10thx2, KA, Marcus, Guilty, GO
1 2085 Harvard Fan Q9, Q10, MW, Tagawa
1 1979 Cards Badrux3, Khosumet, Q9
1 1706 Eric Anubianx2, Zettians, GO, Badru, Dumutef, Khosumet
1 1578 Uprising GO, NotNW, Crixus, Tagawa Archersx3
1 1550 Tbone Iskra, Sentinels, Rechets, Micro, Mimring, Dumutef
1 1396 Marro Maniac Krug, Isamu, Sonlen, Charos
1 1195 Jim Nagrubsx3, Stingers, MW, SBN, WSG
0 1136 Tina KG, Arkmer, Aubrienx2, Emiroon
Your forgetting last place
0 0000 Mr.Bistro ......
Looks like Ninja beat you at something after all Bistro

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death!

1:02 here! We are all back home safely. Thanks goes out to everyone who made this such a tremendous success! I'll post more soon but for now (since I was up at 5:30 this morning, drove approx. 520 miles, and played Pilgrim) I'm heading to bed, and quite possibly sleeping until Monday.....

One other thing, I brought a plastic grocery store bag with me that had two shirts in it. One was a black Pokemon shirt, the other was my white Long Island Heroscapers League polo shirt. I believe I accidently left it on the counter back by the kitchen area (or worse yet it got thrown away in one of the trash cans in the back of the room). If anyone happen to find it after I left please let me know. Thanks!

My Custom Terrain Thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=448
My tribute site to TFT/Melee & Wizards: http://www.meleewizards.com/

Last edited by Grishnakh; June 29th, 2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old June 29th, 2008, 05:39 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Can't wait to see the pics...I wish I could have been with you at this but with life as it stands right now I was just unable. Perhaps next year. But for those of you attending I will see you in Indy and I am very excited about it!!!!!!
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here I am, home and about to do my paper route. *sigh*

Anyway, I had a really great time at this tournament and it was nice to see so many Heroscapers. Thanks to RecThug for helping me out when I realized I had left my trees, ruins, battlements, etc. at home. I'll go into more detail adout my battles later.

Onacara- the winner of the Wave 8 was Sniper viper who was written down as arp12's friend on the list. I'll get him to join Heroscapers soon.

nyys- I can confirm that map X was Diversions. I remember looking at the name when I thuoght it looked interesting. Also, I never got to ask you: does NYYS stand for New York Yankees Suck?

I'll be back on here in about 45 minutes.
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:34 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Had a great time. I'd post all the pics I took but I left my connector cable at work so I won't get to post until Monday.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old June 29th, 2008, 08:53 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks arp...I was pretty sure it was him since I played against him in Game 2 but wasn't 100% sure that he was the one who won.

Now that I have had some sleep and some more coffee I can post some more about the day.

It was a bit hectic trying to get everyone registered for NESA and the tournament but I did try and do my best to talk to as many people as I could.

Finally got to put faces to names for Pilgrim, ASmiles, Jim, Grishnakh, sjscaper, fil, BTL Matt, clancampbell

And got to see some familiar ones again...Ollie, Guru, Shades, RobertDD, Eckels, Uprisng, Ninja, Khan, Bengi, nyys, arp12, and his crew (ILikePi, Super Enswein & Jotun's Blacksmith), DiscoStu (at least I actually met you this time)Rec_Thug

I am sure I am leaving names out.

I am not much of a battle report writer but I can give you a brief synopsis of each...

Game 1 (Opponent Fil) This game would sort of set the tone for the entire day. My dice rolls were strong in the first few rounds..(I really felt bad for fil) and then about 1/2 way through the tides turned and he was rolling hot. Time ran out and I made a small surge on the last 2 order markers and after the points were counted I squeaked out a narrow 6 point victory.

Game 2 (Opponent Sniper Viper) This was a weird game cause it almost seemed like we hadn't done anything until we got the 15 minute warning and then bodies started to finally fall...Once again time ran out and I used my last 2 order markers to run some bayonets thru a few of his figs to pull off another small victor (i think it was less than 20 points)

Game 3 (Opponent BTL Matt) Much like the first game my dice rolls were really good at the beginning of this game and the 10th Foot took Zetacron out fairly quickly. Now I had to deal with a huge swarm of frenzying vipers. It was pretty back and forth there for awhile and then BTl started stringing 2 and 3 frenzies in a row and my doom was set. I lost but did have alot of fun.

Game 4 (Opponent clancampbell) This game can be summed up with 2 words for my opponent...unlucky dice. CC is a really nice guy and I felt bad that his dice let him down badly in this game. I moved in through the jungle in the center of the board and took out Raelin with the 10th Foot and then surrounded his Microcorp who muct have bought their armor at WalMart cause it wasnt helping.

OK so now I am 3-1 in 11th place and pretty happy about my day and then they announce the match-ups for the last round and lucky me gets....THE GURU.

Game 5 Ok so not only is it bad enough that I am already outclassed but Guru promptly announces "Oh Cool this is one of the maps I playtested on" Ok so in the early goings I was doing ok (in fact I may have been ahead for about 5 seconds) I thought I had a chance and then Mr. Dupuis brought out Sir Dupuis and that was the end of my day....although Isamu made a valiant charge to try and ceremonially take out DeadEyeDan...but failed I dont care that I lost cause it was fun playing a game against him anyways.

I also want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Shades parents Noreen, who helped with the raffle and Frank who was our official photographer.

Going to go post those pics now....

Due to some technical difficulties we will have to wait for our photographer to resend me the pics...sorry for the delay.

Last edited by Onacara; June 29th, 2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:28 AM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

After testing my army for the past few weeks I was ready. I had a plan in place, and my army was ready to go. However, I kinda forgot that I tested my army on Melee Mania (which is a jungle board) because I had to build it and bring it to the tournament. Because it’s a jungle board, my figures always had +1 defense… Perhaps that left me a bit too overconfident. Either way, I was there to have fun and see everyone again!

It was great to hang out with everyone again, and to meet some of the new faces. I had a lot of fun with all of my opponents and I congratulate them on a great game.

Pilgrim: Great turnout man, and congrats on the Championship! That was a classy move giving up your prize to Tina who got the “good sport” award J

Asmiles: Dude, you rock with the structure. It’s great to see it all laid out so easily, you make all the work seem so easy!

Shades fan: Was great to meet you man

Onacara: Thanks for all the work with NESA, it’s a great idea!

BTLMatt & Tina: Was great to see you guys again! Tina, I’m sorry Jim had to be mean and beat you. But it was nice of you to give Jim a win. He was all sorts of excited!

NYYS: Great to meet you man, you did a great job organizing all of the maps. If you are ever getting a Scape night together down in RI, send me a PM. I’d love to get a few games in with you!

Grishnakh: That flocked Master set looked even better in person. Ninja and I are totally going to attempt our own now.

Uprising: Sorry you had to lose the bet because of my brother's complete and utter lack of shame....

Jim: Congrats on the win man!!!!!

To everyone else: It was great to meet/see everyone again. I’m looking forward to the next tournament I can make it to!

At the start of the tournament the NESA organization (you can check out more about this great group here: http://www.northeasternscapers.com/) inducted me into their League of HEXtraordinary gentlemen, which was really cool, and I was very honored to receive my framed certificate. I checked out the website for who else was inducted, and I’m with some very good company. Thanks NESA!

My Army: Sir Dupuis, Knights of Weston X3, ROTV Raelin, Deadeye Dan
First Opponent: Jotun’s Blacksmith (Zelrig, Zetacron, AE, Raelin, Isamu, Dumutef, Eldgrim)
I sat down and greeted my opponent, set up my strategy, and then all hell broke loose.

He dropped his A.E. on Round 1 before initiative was rolled. We were playing on a Lava map, with a huge incline directly to the left of each starting zone, and height all through the middle. He set 2 A.E. on the incline, and 2 on height.

He won initiative, and Raelin was riddled with bullets. She fell. OMG

My Knights moved up slowly, and Dupuis followed behind. By the end of the 2nd round, the A.E. were dispatched, along with a few of my knights. His Zetacron had moved up, but was not doing much damage. Then the dragon moved in. I guess it wasn’t bad enough that my knights lost the +2 defense for Raelin, they had to roll 2 less with Majestic fires as well! Lol. I tried to keep my knights staggered which was my saving grace. Zelrig took shelter on the incline on the opposite side of the battlefield and started picking knights off. It was now or never.

Dupuis, had just dispatched Zetacron & Eldgrim, with only 2 knights in range, he charged over to Zelrig and started laying down the hurt. After 2-3 turns (one of which the knights used to move up, Dupuis destroyed Zelrig, but at a terrible cost… Dupuis was down to 1 life. I think my only saving grace was that I got initiative on the last round, otherwise Dupuis would have fallen then and the knights would have been toast at the hands of Zelrig.

With Zelrig dead, Deadeye Dan finally had LOS to his Raelin. 1 round worth of order markers, and sharpshooter found its mark. His Raelin fell.

Suddenly the tides had turned. Even though I had lost Dupuis, I had deadeye dan and a few knights left VS Isamu & Dumetef. My army BARELY squeaked out a win. I never would have predicted it on the first turn after losing Raelin and having 4 A.E. shooting down at me all round.

Second Opponent: RobertDD (Stingersx4, Reaversx2, Q9)

I moved on to RobertDD. His army was pretty straightforward. We were on a road map which I was pretty happy about.

First round, I used to put as many Knights as possible on the road, and moved Raelin into a safe position.

Second round, I moved some knights, slid Dupuis out, and put Deadeye dan in a better spot to see Q9.

Third round, the pain started. Robert grabbed a good height spot with Q9, the knights moved over to destroy some of the reavers & stingers near him, whenever the stingers were not engaged, they were targeting Raelin and Dan.

Dupuis charged in and had some really pathetic rolls on Q9. However, about a round and a half later, Q9 fell (And the peasants rejoiced)! But while Dupuis was hacking away at Q9, 3 stingers were gaining height above him and sent a volley of stinger electricity down. Dupuis fell for the 2nd straight game.

Raelin and Dan fell too. That left a few scattered Knights VS almost 2 full squads of stingers, and 3 Reavers (my knights were doing well on rolls for the Reavers).

Time was running out, and I knew I was done. I rushed in to try and kill a few Stingers to garner a few more points, my final Knight fell.

It was a well fought game. At one point, I should have wasted an order marker to fly Raelin out of harms way, but there really wasn’t a better spot where she could protect dupuis, but stay out of range of the stingers.

Third Opponent: Rec_Thug (4thx2, KoWx2, Gilbert, Alastair)

Yeah… This battle was a bloodbath. I guess I didn’t do that bad in the end, but my opponent had Mass 4th and knights along with 2 champions and they just kept coming over the hills of this snowy battlefield. I didn’t have enough knights to hold height, and Raelin was rendered almost useless because of the number of glaciers around.
However, it was a great battle, and it was exciting to discuss strategy and our collective introductions into the game with him.

I think this game ended timed out, I don’t remember exactly… We were pretty close in points from what I remember. Either way, it was a fun game.

Rec, any time you want to further our conversation about rules, feel free to PM me J

Fourth Opponent: Sniper Viper (Zetacron, Otonashi, KoWx3, Isamu, Finn, Gilbert, Dumutef)

This was a fun battle. I was playing against a fairly young opponent, but he was well versed in the rules. He remembered all of his bonuses and I didn’t have to remind him about much (except moving with his extra knights before he attacked!) The battlefield did not favor his strategy though.

After Dupuis & Gilbert & our collective knights battled it out on my side of the board (Gilbert and Dupuis died), I bottlenecked his remaining knights from advancing. I had 2 knights up at the end of a small bridge where he could only get 1 knight adjacent each turn. So he had 1 attack to my 2. While I was attacking with those 2, I was moving other knights behind to attack his starting zone.

He caught on and sent more of his knights to head off my advancing squad. Battles ensued. In the end I had a few knights VS Isamu, Otonashi, and Dumutef.

Time had run out, but we were having so much fun (and it was such a well fought battle) that we wanted to see who would come out victorious.

Isamu killed all but one of my knights. That knight hightailed it to Otonashi and Dumutef, killing both of them.

Isamu was waiting with height. The knight attacked, Isamu vanished, Isamu jumped on height and attacked, the knight defended! Next round I won initiative, still couldn’t gain height. I rolled 1 skull. Isamu rolled for vanish and failed! OH NO! He had 2 defense though because of height. Unfortunately, he couldn’t roll a shield.

My knights won, but only barely.

This was probably my most enjoyable game of the day. If your on the site Sniper Viper, WELL DONE!

Fifth Opponent: Onacara (Sujoah, Spidersx2, 10th x3, Isamu)

This was an exciting game. I got to thank Onacara for presenting me with the NESA certificate earlier, as well as thank him for all the work he’s doing with NESA.

Unfortunately for Onacara, this was a battlefield that I brought to the tournament, and the same battlefield that I’d been testing on for 2 weeks.

Onacara advanced his 10th regiment up and started to try and pick off either Raelin or knights, but with Raelin’s defense aura and the trees (and height most of the time) the knights were invulnerable. Dupuis moved up to the top of the hill just as he started to activate the spiders AND SUJOAH.

This was the first time I’d seen Dupuis pitted against the mighty predator, and I’ll admit, I was scared. Luckily, Dupuis had Raelin watching his back, so Poison sting never went off.

Dupuis stabbed Sujoah, and the knights moved in on the 10th regiment.

Suddenly, Isamu came out of nowhere and tried to assassinate a knight, then he moved on towards Raelin!

All of a sudden he dives down a few levels and goes after Dan! Oh no! Luckily dan still had a contingent of knights down in the starting zone that defended him and defeated Isamu.

With the last 2 spiders left on the battlefield, Dupuis marched down and attempted to dispatch them. The knights moved in to give him a little extra boost in the end.

Onacara, that was a fun game. I look forward to our eventual rematch on a board where I’m not so well versed!

Thanks again for all the fun guys! It was a great day, even with the.... interesting distraction in the form of a pudgy pink ninja....

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was posting a battle report but my login timed out, so I guess I just won't do it.

To Guru- in the car on the way home Sniper Viper told me about the name "Dupius". Interesting that it's French. Then after that I told him that that was your name and the figure was named after you. Anyway, congratulations on your induction to the League of Hextrordinary Gentlemen.
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:22 AM

curseyoukhan Woo who?

From now on Pilgrim is to be known as the Anti-You-Know-Who.

I would offer notes on my fights but taking notes and running the kids tourney is beyond me. So some general observations:
  • Great turnout. Great time. I, too, have my suspicions of a home court advantage. Maybe it was all those mean thuggish looking teens from his parish or maybe the Bible study guys with that love and compassion vibe, I dunno, but one of them truly rattled my game. (Alibi #1)
  • Evil Eye in combat: Against the right opponents he's a true killer. Anyone who attacked him without a special attack suffered, however mostly he got taken down by special attacks.
  • KRUG! Still my favorite unit.
  • In my first game the dice were totally against my opponent. In the battle of the Constantines (vs. Kosta) they were totally against me but it didn't really matter given how badly my troops were commanded. Total brain freeze against a strong opponent = 1 dead krav and a slightly scratched Nif for me, wipeout by him.
  • Wicked cool to have so many different maps. First time I'd been in a tourney like that and it was great.
  • All the kids were awesome as usual and I have told Mosby he is now an honorary adult for tourney purposes. He was more than OK with that. Said he only went into the Under 12 tourney because the trophy was so cool! Thanks Oncara.
  • I'd have done better but I was always sitting next to Ninja and he was using his shiney rings to distract me and help my opponent. (Alibi #2)
  • Love the jungle terrain.
  • Envious of the Long Island Heroscape League shirts.
  • Thanks Oncara for NESA!
  • Maybe some time in August I'd like to pick a Saturday and just have another day of 'Scaping in Watertown. Just open playing. Anyone interested? Bueller?

Constantine
<<Insert funny comment here>>

www.CollateralDamage.biz
Today's sarcasm is tomorrow's news™
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:26 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Glad he liked the trophy Constantine and I forgot to give you a big THANK YOU for running the kids tourney.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events