Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 1st, 2008, 04:55 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
bump

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think I will be able to make that one and may bring my brother,Older Shades fan ! He gets home from college that week! It depends on my father's Stress test that he is getting done! But I should be able to make it.

I'm surprised your letting Marvel be played. I find it give a kind of unfair advantage to begginers! It involves more luck and less strategy when Marvel is involved! I don't know about that but everything else seems good.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:14 AM

Slaader is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
I think I will be able to make that one and may bring my brother,Older Shades fan ! He gets home from college that week! It depends on my father's Stress test that he is getting done! But I should be able to make it.

I'm surprised your letting Marvel be played. I find it give a kind of unfair advantage to begginers! It involves more luck and less strategy when Marvel is involved! I don't know about that but everything else seems good.
I haven't found that to be true in games I've played with Marvel figures. The decision was really based on the extensive comments regarding balance/fairness that HS developers have made regarding Marvel vs. Traditional. The Marvel figures are very expensive, and will end up really crippling armies in terms of versatility.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:12 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
Because of the snow yesterday we missed the Vermont tournament. But I think we can make this one. Unless there is a huge snow storm again. Singn up myself and my son for this one.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
I'm there!!! I hope I'm not to late to sign up, and I hope this is the first of many Uconn Tournaments. Can I wear my Vols hat (rhetorical question)? I might bring my two cousins, but don't count on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:02 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
I'll be there. It'll be my first tourny.

And since it is... I must ask a question.

I see that we'll be using 450 point armies... Do I use the same 450 point army for every game?

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
I'll be there. It'll be my first tourny.

And since it is... I must ask a question.

I see that we'll be using 450 point armies... Do I use the same 450 point army for every game?
yes
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have a small chance of going; I'll need to ride with a friend if he decides to do it. I also am wondering about the maps. First, why do they all have 21 hex starting zones? And also, why don't you use BoV maps?
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The 450 point armies is a weird Idea! Any reason you choose it? It will be a new to me.
I figured it would be 500 or 400 but ok!
I would use some of the maps from the Bov as well like arp12 said!

Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
Wears Shades at Night

I believe I have at least one idea for an army! At my last tournament They worked well so I thought I would try to make an army around them!

3x Marrden Hounds-270
Q9-180

as simple as that! That is just one of many though!

Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The reasoning behind 450 points relates to the lack of sideboard. We believe that about 400 is the right size army for this tournament, but since we aren't letting people change up figures between rounds we wanted to allow a little extra versatility so entrants could build a well rounded army.

We agree that the BoV maps are exceptional in quality, and we attempted to use many of the design elements that make them successful in our custom maps. That being said, we wanted to create a diversity of scenarios which would allow players to capitalize on different terrain advantages depending on the elements in their army. All of the maps were designed to make multiple movement and attack strategies viable, but in different ways depending on which map you are assigned to. The randomness in being assigned a map in each round will really test your mettle to adapt.

Based on your recommendations, we may submit some of these maps to the BoV judges after the tournament.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
I like the 450 point deal. I've never thought in terms of 450 points and have found it to be quite a challenge while still providing for diversity amongst your army. I've created about six different armies so far, and will test them over the next couple weeks.

I've put the bug in my two cousins' ears. If their father allows it (and if they don't go and get themselves grounded), they will be coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events