Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 24th, 2008, 07:12 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hey folks,

There are more pictures on their way, especially of the "awards ceremony" at the end, but I did finally get a bunch of pictures online. I havent had a chance to label them yet, but I'll try to get to that soon.

For those of you who want to look, point your browser to:
http://www.vinehaeven.com/
click on the Album link, and go to the Rise of the Husky 08 album to see the photographs.

Again, thanks for coming and for your feedback. We will consider fractional scoring next year, but as Grungebob pointed out, I feel it is important to stick to the rules definaed by Hasbro in fairness to not just the players, but the game itself. But who knows? By next year, WotC might have a completely new set of standards for us to use.

I would like a little more feedback about the facility that we used. Did you have trouble finding it? Was it inconvienant to get to? Was the room adiquate? I am planning on booking the room for next year and want to know if I should get the same one or look elsewhere.

Thanks,
Jason

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old March 24th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston
Hey folks,

There are more pictures on their way, especially of the "awards ceremony" at the end, but I did finally get a bunch of pictures online. I havent had a chance to label them yet, but I'll try to get to that soon.

For those of you who want to look, point your browser to:
http://www.vinehaeven.com/
click on the Album link, and go to the Rise of the Husky 08 album to see the photographs.

Again, thanks for coming and for your feedback. We will consider fractional scoring next year, but as Grungebob pointed out, I feel it is important to stick to the rules definaed by Hasbro in fairness to not just the players, but the game itself. But who knows? By next year, WotC might have a completely new set of standards for us to use.

I would like a little more feedback about the facility that we used. Did you have trouble finding it? Was it inconvienant to get to? Was the room adiquate? I am planning on booking the room for next year and want to know if I should get the same one or look elsewhere.

Thanks,
Jason
I really want fractional scoring next time have this tournament!
I would like to request a sign that says Heroscape next time on the door saying where it is.I had a bit of trouble finding it.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:23 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Here is the pic of the very end of the epic battle with Tubatsu

and in the end...the brave Sacred Band could not roll the shield needed

Old March 24th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Aeston, is there any chance that the video will be uploaded? or maybe some sort of highlight reel?

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:10 AM

Tubatsu has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Here is the pic of the very end of the epic battle with Tubatsu

and in the end...the brave Sacred Band could not roll the shield needed

You can see the Elf Greek Duel

In the second Pic you can see where my Dice were swiped...

IT WAS AN AMAZING DAY

So much fun.

Elves Rule the Forest
Goblins the Mountain
Merfolk the Rivers
Falcons the Skies
Me the World
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:58 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Oooh, here's a nice picture of me crushing Onacara Jr.

And here's my favorite picture of the event:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Just so you know. I use the scoring system as detailed in the Heroscape rulebook, for no other reason that to be as true to the rules as possible. Feel free to experiment at will, but remember that any tourney I am involved with such as Gencon tourneys etc, will use the victory point system as detailed in the rules until I hear otherwise from WOTC.
That's a strong argument. I know that as an advocate of fractional scoring I'm arguing for a "house rule"; I just think it is better than the official rule, and I have no problem with tournaments using house rules as long as they're well publicised and understood by the participants. As I said before, it's no biggie. I'm delighted whenever I get the chance to play in a tournament, and happy to go with whatever the tournament organisers want to do.

Is there a Hasbro rule on losing points vs. points killed? I don't think so, as the official rules don't really cater to scoring over multiple games. The placings come out the same if all games go to completion, but I like that the points killed method slightly rewards fast play.

Great photos! Looking forward to the rest.

Edit: Other feedback. The room was perfect. Plenty of space to watch the games and the tables were plenty big enough to spread out on. It seemed that there was a little dead time between the rounds---if everything is ready to go then I'd let people start early to squeeze more playing time in. The organisation was great; it was always clear what was happening. The prize table was excellent. Hmmmm, anything else? It could have been closer to Vermont
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Luthien Woo who?
Somehow I regret climbing onto the table now... =P
Thanks for choosing that picture Jason!

-Luthien/Alysha
Shackling your mind since 2006.
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:55 AM

Tubatsu has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthien
It shows devotion...

Elves Rule the Forest
Goblins the Mountain
Merfolk the Rivers
Falcons the Skies
Me the World
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:00 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Other feedback. The room was perfect. Plenty of space to watch the games and the tables were plenty big enough to spread out on. It seemed that there was a little dead time between the rounds---if everything is ready to go then I'd let people start early to squeeze more playing time in. The organisation was great; it was always clear what was happening. The prize table was excellent.
I couldn't have put that part better myself. The only other thing I can think of would be signage. I forgot my directions at home and ran up and down the street a couple times looking for the proper building, overextending myself a bit. If it weren't for apr12 and his hoard of scaping friends, I might have been a bit late.

Quote:
Somehow I regret climbing onto the table now...
I apologize for putting that picture up there, but I'm sure you understand why it had to be done. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubatsu
Quote:
It shows devotion...

Look on the bright side; at least that's all it shows. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just what kind of event was this?

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events