Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:51 PM

Tubatsu has disabled reputation
Thank you kindly for that. I was wondering when i lost them.

Elves Rule the Forest
Goblins the Mountain
Merfolk the Rivers
Falcons the Skies
Me the World
Old March 24th, 2008, 08:43 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlenar
Well, as long as I'm in a tournament I might as well make it official.

Sup
You are definitely one I want to lock horns with again. Welcome to the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Hey everyone,

It was great meeting (and re-meeting) you all. Aeston, Slaader, and team - you did a great job, thank you.

Too bad we didn't play Shades Fan - you'll have to hold that Marlboro grudge over to the next tourney. And I'm still gunning for a rematch arp12!

I'm glad that agents pack went to some use rather than sitting at the back of a cupboard at my house. I want the stuff to get played with. (Same reason I didn't take the Woo - a great prize, but I have one already. I didn't have an Ornak. Thanks Onacara, Acolarh next, please )

Thanks to my opponents too - I really enjoyed every game. Game 3 against Kahlenar was probably the highlight. The Airborne refused to drop, but Venom's spider-sense was on fire, and he just ran around picking off valiant do-gooders one at a time.

I was surprised there was not more Marvel (just my Venom and a couple of Capt Americas that I noticed), and even more surprised that there was no Cyprien or Braxas.

On to Rhode Island
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:45 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
I'm still waiting for those pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
I would like to say thanks to all as well. even though my son and I did not place high we still had a ton of fun and even got the prizes we wanted anyhow. I guess the stars were in alignment.

One thing I was not super fond of was the whole card scoring system. That was directly responsible for one of my losses. I think that scoring really affects the way you approach playing and might not reflect the real winner of a battle. (but that is a subject for another thread entirly.)

Thanks to all.
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket
I would like to say thanks to all as well. even though my son and I did not place high we still had a ton of fun and even got the prizes we wanted anyhow. I guess the stars were in alignment.

One thing I was not super fond of was the whole card scoring system. That was directly responsible for one of my losses. I think that scoring really affects the way you approach playing and might not reflect the real winner of a battle. (but that is a subject for another thread entirly.)

Thanks to all.
It was great to see you and play you again, loborocket. If I've added up right, I think it's now 3-2 to the ollie family over the loborocket family. A feud bubbling that could echo down the generations...

I agree on the scoring---having now seen both systems I much prefer the fractional method. Another small thing is that I'd prefer points killed over losing points (whether using fractional scoring or not), so that all players have a little more incentive to move the games along speedily. These are the most minor of gripes though---you could decide the placings by throwing all the armies out the window and seeing which flies furthest and I'd still be happy. Another thing on scoring: I liked the strength of schedule category coming in above losing points, and that makes the above griping even less important.
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
It was great to see you and play you again, loborocket. If I've added up right, I think it's now 3-2 to the ollie family over the loborocket family. A feud bubbling that could echo down the generations...
Intresting! The shades family is up 3-1 over the onacara family.
Maybe his youngest can beat me at Battle at the border!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Quote:
And so begin the great Heroscape wars of New England. I believe the ollie family is 2-0 against the shades family. A nervous 0-0 truce exists between the ollies and the onacaras.
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Quote:
And so begin the great Heroscape wars of New England. I believe the ollie family is 2-0 against the shades family. A nervous 0-0 truce exists between the ollies and the onacaras.
We shall see in time if the Shades family can beat the ollie family!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:18 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
These are the most minor of gripes though---you could decide the placings by throwing all the armies out the window and seeing which flies furthest and I'd still be happy.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
These are the most minor of gripes though---you could decide the placings by throwing all the armies out the window and seeing which flies furthest and I'd still be happy.
Note to self: bring Krug to the RI tournament. I reckon he has the heft to do well in this system.
Old March 24th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just so you know. I use the scoring system as detailed in the Heroscape rulebook, for no other reason that to be as true to the rules as possible. Feel free to experiment at will, but remember that any tourney I am involved with such as Gencon tourneys etc, will use the victory point system as detailed in the rules until I hear otherwise from WOTC.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events