Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 15th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Islandscape: Mineola, NY - Sat, JULY 26th!!

Put me down as a maybe, we will know for certain at the last minute!
I'm not sure what I'm going to bring if I do though!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:53 PM

mogrebla Woo who?

Master Eckels, keep the head count going!

In addition to prizes, there will (of course) be trophies! Here are the trophies, along with last year's winners:
  • Champion (SJScaper)
  • 2nd Place (Warbanner)
  • Best Sport (Grishnahk & son)
  • Worst Luck [The Andrew Award] (slyde)
  • Merit Awards [3] (Daughter of Mogrebla, Arthur, John)
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death!

I have to add that my son still keeps that trophy proudly on display in his room!

My Custom Terrain Thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=448
My tribute site to TFT/Melee & Wizards: http://www.meleewizards.com/
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:02 PM

rec_thug is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Okay, I'm at about 50/50 on being able to make it. I have a birthday function thing on Friday and on Sunday...so I don't know where that'll put me in between.

I'm wondering if anyone will be coming from or through Central/Eastern MA ie. the I-495/95/93 sort of area....(or possibly down along I-91 in somewhat western MA) AND interested in carpooling.... PM me if so.

Or, if anyone has suggestions as to taking the train and costs there in etc. Honestly, I've only ever taken it once before and it was as a kid many years ago.

Again PM me if you have anything helpful.

thanks!
Old July 17th, 2008, 08:36 AM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart

Well, Amtrak is surprisingly cheap, especially with gas so expensive. If you take the train to Penn Station, you can then catch the Long Island Railroad to a mile from the tournament.
Old July 17th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
Well, Amtrak is surprisingly cheap, especially with gas so expensive. If you take the train to Penn Station, you can then catch the Long Island Railroad to a mile from the tournament.
I'd be happy to pick you up from the train station if you need a ride, rec_thug.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:17 AM

mogrebla Woo who?

Just be prepared for a long train ride. It's 4 hours by Amtrak from Boston to NYC (unless you take the pricey Acela), and then you have to add another half hour, at least, from NYC to Mineola on the LIRR. So it's doable, but it's a l-o-o-o-n-g day.
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:25 AM

mogrebla Woo who?

Master Eckels, we need to decide if we are going to have a separate kid's tourney (12 and under), because if we are, I need to arrange for trophies. Can you get a count of how many kids we think we are going to have? You can add "Son of jheiles" to the attendee list, eligible for the kid's tourney.

If we have 6, I think a kid's tourney the way to go. Still doable with 4 kids - that would be 3 rounds + 1 round against a previously played opponent. I think this is where Grishnahk's flocked set might come in for the championship game. Just a thought.

I need to know soon if we are having a kid's tourney, so I can get trophies prepared - gracias.

Last edited by mogrebla; July 18th, 2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Ug, a gray man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrebla View Post
Master Eckels, we need to decide if we are going to have a separate kid's tourney (12 and under), because if we are, I need to arrange for trophies. Can you get a count of how many kids we think we are going to have? You can add "Son of jheiles" to the attendee list, eligible for the kid's tourney.

If we have 6, I think a kid's tourney the way to go. Still doable with 4 kids - that would be 3 rounds + 1 round against a previously played opponent. I think this is where Grishnahk's flocked set might come in for the championship game. Just a thought.

I need to know soon if we are having a kid's tourney, so I can get trophies prepared - gracias.
I'll add son of jheiles. Is emily playing? I just noticed she's not on the list.

My Latest Maps
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My wife is having a surgical procedure on Friday so there is a small chance me and the boys would not be coming...which would also mean that Shades would not be going since he would be coming with me.

If we do come my nephew would be coming too but is still not sure he wants to play by himself this time so he may "team up" with Anthony Jr just so he can learn the game some more for the next one.
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Ug, a gray man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
My wife is having a surgical procedure on Friday so there is a small chance me and the boys would not be coming...which would also mean that Shades would not be going since he would be coming with me.

If we do come my nephew would be coming too but is still not sure he wants to play by himself this time so he may "team up" with Anthony Jr just so he can learn the game some more for the next one.
Well that's disappointing, but family always comes first! I wish your wife the best, and hope everything goes well. It'd be great if you can make it, but we'd all understand if you can't.

Quote:

Currently Registered:
1 albergom
2 WarBanner
3 Grishnakh
4 Son of Grishnakh (12 and under)
5 CK
6 sjscaper
7 slyde
8 jheiles
9 ImmortalJedi
10 Eckels
11 Onacara
12 Onacara 2
13 Onacara 3 (12 and under)
14 rec_thug (maybe)
15 Sherman Davies
16 Taeblewalker
17 Kathy
18 Zombieknight
19 ShadesFan (maybe)
20 Son of jheiles (12 and under)
21 Emily (12 and under)
I labeled some of the players as "12 and under" from memory. If I've neglected anyone, or mis-labeled anyone, please let me know.

My Latest Maps
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:44 PM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart

Emily isn't coming; she's out of town that weekend.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events