Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old July 9th, 2008, 10:43 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
!!!!!!!Call of Duty World at War, discuss here !!!!!!

http://www.callofduty.com/CoDWW
Heres linkage. Right off the bat this looks like its going to be a good game. I am looking forward to a few things, new graphics, ability to interact with surrounding area, flamethrower, new taste of multiplayer style in the original god ol WW2. I believe that by advancing the originality and fun of the original games to and adding customization and ranking will be a big hit. I for one look forward to it. As for weapons and vehicles that flamethrower looks pretty BAMF, I am hoping for some original weapons like the Thompson, BAR, and Spring field. I do however wish that some like the M1 carbine and M1 Garand get drooped. Their good weapons but they A- dont get used much and B- aren't very good for long term play. Guns like these could be replaced in single player with things such as a shotgun they haven't used before or putting in more types of grenades. These kinds of things will be little adjustments that i think some people will hate but over all will be loved and well used. I for one would love to see some the US arsenal in their that i have yet to see in any video game. As for vehicles I hope we have them. Im fine with single mission usage but they should for sure place some tanks and a few jeeps or armored transports in multi. I was disappointed in COD 4 for not having those. However things can be over done. Perhaps vehicles is a good idea, but they need to be limited. Maybe 2 per team on large maps, and one central one on smaller. Also since this game is in the pacific they should integrate boats. Maybe make a few sea side missions in single and multi where you can drive the boat around and have a gunner shoot up everyone on the beach and dock. Pacific now brings me to another point.

Now that were moving to the Japanese this will really change multi and single.The japs didn't use the same weapons and maneuvers as the Germans. In Single their style of fighting will really change how missions are run and how you fair in a fire fight.As for multiplayer new weapons and faction will be a definite plus. Even though shooting up the Germans as a Russian was cool. I think that taking that step away will be a big breather and allow for some new room that will only make the game even more enjoyable. Well these are my thoughts. I am pumped now for this game and cant wait for it to release let alone give more previews. So now all I have to say is ........... discuss.

Record Count Since First Tourney
Wins 45 Losses 52
Old July 10th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Re: !!!!!!!Call of Duty World at War, discuss here !!!!!!

Hopefully the multiplayer will be better than the last one and the Pacific theater is something that has not been done well in any game unfortunately this is a Treyarch Studios game

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation

IF it's not by Infinity ward, I'll wait for COD 5 or 6. Nice Graphics, but I think I'll pass.
Old August 12th, 2008, 07:06 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

I wish I saw this thread earlier.

I love the other game, but it was only for 360.
This one's for Wii too! Looks great.

Too bad they didn't keep the modern warfare theme though, back in WWII. Pacific War, so we'll be fighting Japanese!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old August 12th, 2008, 08:15 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Heck, I'm a sucker for WWII shooters. I'll be picking up a copy.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old August 12th, 2008, 11:15 AM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

Nice find. I'm missing out on the COD 4 action but I'll squirrel some money away for COD:WaW

The title makes me think of Mongoose Publishings new World at War game for Battlefield Evo. Hmmmmm.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/mi...91&qsSeries=47

Just a ko-inky-dink in the names. Both WWII games. One video, one miniature. Both look good to me.

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old October 10th, 2008, 06:21 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

*CLEAR**Brings back to life*

COD 4 was a great multiplayer game, even the campaign was really fun. And the only thing that was wrong in my opinion was that there was no co-op and the multiplayer got boring because of noobs. COD 5 has co-op which makes me so happy!!!!!!! I just hope they don't mess up going from modern combat to WWII because modern was awesome.
The only thing I'm worried about is that flame thrower. The shotgun was great for noobs and now they are given FIRE?!?!?!?!
I also say that I think you can stab people with BIG needles. It was in a game review. LOL.

Old October 10th, 2008, 07:41 PM

keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby! keetacongoo rolls all skulls baby!

The new Japanesse soldiers are gonna be great. The ability to climb trees, swim, and use swords (They mentioned that the Japanesse may have them) is just going to be awsome. I like the idea of the flamethrower, along with the vehicles in multiplayer. I can only get the Wii version, but just imagine the feeling of a flamethrower with the Zapper. So...cool...
Old October 11th, 2008, 10:09 AM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Yea the flamethrower seems great, just wait till you have ten noobs on one map with it! Great....
I do like the vehicles though, it was really fun in BF: Bad Company to have vehicles in multiplayer, especially choppers.

Old October 11th, 2008, 10:19 AM

If you go to the link in the first post and watch the co-op trailer on the site it is totally awesome!!!
First off there is 4 player co-op, BEAST!
Second off you get Experience in co-op!
And third the things it shows when you kill a guy and when you finish a mission looks very nice and fun.

Old October 12th, 2008, 08:52 AM

I think I also saw were you don't just get 2 or 1 exp for an assist, I think you get points based on how much you hit the guy before someone else kills him, totally awesome because I get so many assists in COD4. Generally in the double digits every game, especially shipment were, last time, I got 35 assists on a late join!!!!!

Old October 14th, 2008, 11:48 AM

jsilvrs is surprisingly tart

Anyone played the beta yet? I got my token today and will hopefully be on soon.

Great Traders: Huggable Zombie

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games