Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old June 19th, 2008, 12:02 PM

massivenewbage has disabled reputation
Thumbs up MGS4: Guns of the Patriots

Has anyone else picked up MGS4 yet?

I waited in line for 3 hours to pick up the PS3 MGS4 bundle pack at Gamestop. Believe me, it was well worth the wait.

I would honestly give this game an 11 if it was possible, but what does everyone else think?

Do your like it?
Has it lived up to the hype?
Has anyone tried multi-player yet?
Are you happy with how the story line wraps up? (no spoliers please, some might not have finished the game yet)
Does this set a new standard for the genre? Games in general?

I just hope I'm not the only one on 'scapers who owns this title.

mmmmm victory burrito.... know why its good phil? cause your dead!
Old June 19th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker
Re: MGS4: Guns of the Patriots

I've gotten it, but it's mostly my brother who plays it. However, I enjoy watching him play and watching the cutscenes. We haven't finished yet (we've just finished act two), but we're almost half-way there.
Anyways, Laughing Octopus is freaky. "LAUGH WITH ME!" is probably her best line, and that's not saying too much, since she really isn't that interesting of a character storyline wise... but she's sure fun to fight!

Bloody the Marro Stinger is the Chimeran Ravager in the....
KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM

Bloody, could you PM with how you beat Laughing Octopus. I think I beat her in an interesting way. I want to see if that affected the cut scenes or the loot in any way. I refuse to look at guides, since that might give away too much story.

Old June 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM

Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker Bloody the Marro Stinger knows what's in an order marker

So, over last night and today, we managed to beat Acts 3 and 4. In particular, Act 4 is full of awesome.
As for my favorite fight, it would probably be the last boss fight in Act 4 that I won't spoil. Besides that, though, it would probably go to Crying Wolf.

KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old June 23rd, 2008, 01:25 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation

I haven't beaten it yet, I'm taking my time with it. But I must say that it's been a very, very good game thus far and I'm sure it won't disappoint as far as wrapping things up. I've heard people say that they have actually cried at the end. So I doubt it can disappoint me.

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Me and my brother beat it about 3 days ago, with him starting a new file with all our stuff 2 days ago (we haven't played today yet). It is a GREAT game, really. The Emblems we got were the Inchworm (Crawl for more than one hour) and Jaguar.
Anyways, in case you need help on Crying Wolf and Screaming Mantis, I've got how we beat them (note that the Screaming Mantis one has minor spoilers). I'm putting them in spoilers in case you want to do them yourself. Still, if you get stuck, you can refer to this.
Crying Wolf:
Spoiler Alert!

Screaming Mantis:
Spoiler Alert!

KEEP OF THE NECRONOMICON
Old June 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation

I don't have this game, but I sure do love it. In fact, I would go as far to say that this is the best game since orcarina. This game really changed my view of the ps3.

vote this game(or another one) as the game of the year
http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/gphoria_gameoftheyear.aspx
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:08 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

I would love to play this but I have no access to a PS3. Also, I haven't gotten to play MGS2 or MGS3 yet so I have no idea who Raiden is or what would be going on in the story. I'm trying to find cheap copies since they're so old now.
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My dad finished it, and I am going to get all the bosses beat nonlethally, and I just finished a Luaghing Octopus clay figure for heroscape.

My favorite BB unit member, is..... Show me your RAGE!

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:24 PM

I read the Crying Wolf hints and I must say I did it a totally different way. I'll keep it simple so not to spoil too much, but it was on foot with big firepower. I got shot a few times, but I think I only needed one ration. It did take like 10-15 minutes though.

Old June 25th, 2008, 07:18 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Does anyone play MGO? (Metal Gear Online?)

On there, I am Flame Gryphon, and made my debut Tuesday, June 24th.... last night, in the map Blood Bath.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:45 PM

Zelrig is surprisingly tart

I'm thinking of buying a PS3 but before I do i need an opinion on this game. What would you guy rate this game out of ten?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games