Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 21st, 2016, 02:16 AM

Skylord163 is surprisingly tart
Skylord163's Maps

Maps I've created with Virtualscape.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Map: Newbie Trainers (Larger battlefield: 33.22" x 17.16". Smaller battlefield: 20.11" x 9.59")
Uses: 1 ROTV [Build the larger battlefield for a longer 1-on-1 game. Build the shorter battlefield for a quick 1-on-1 skirmish. Build both battlefields if you want two separate simultaneous battles.]
Origin: Re-creation and evolution of Newbie Trainer by Draconious. I also used leftover ROTV to add a smaller separate battlefield.

Map: Road of Wellsprings (28.85" x 21.70")
Uses:
1 ROTV, 1 FOTA
Origin: Created for Ruins of Valhalla Map Building Contest (September 20, 2016)
Notes:
Outcome: Final winner was The Great Wall of Valhalla by TheSparkleInYourWater

Map: Natural Arches (27.97" x 26.24")
Uses:
Origin: Created for greygnarl's Chicagoland August Bring 2e (August 11, 2013)
Notes:

Map:
Rift Between Ruins (28.85" x 18.67")
Uses:
1 ROTV
Origin: Created for greygnarl's Chicagoland June Jubilee (June 9, 2013)
Notes:

Map:
Marvelous Colonnade (26.23" x 18.67")
Uses:
1 Marvel, 1 FOTA, 2 Glyphs (Use the 2 Glyphs from the Marvel set, and/or borrow Glyphs/Powers from Master Sets, etc)
Origin: Created for Shedim Kabal's Chicagoland April Monster Mash (April 20, 2013)
Notes:

Map:
Three Marvelous Pools (34.97" x 23.22") Alternate
Uses: 1 Marvel, 1 ROTV
Origin: Created for Black Charos' Classic Maps of Marvel Map Competition (Jan 23, 2013)
Notes: Uses Glyph of Brandar rules to change elevation between pools. Raised Start Zones provide protection against ranged attacks, but also encourage camping by armies with ranged attacks. Random Glyphs must be worth traveling for.
Outcome: Final Winner was Hotstepper by tannergx

Map: The Wall (?" x ?")
Uses:

Origin: Created for Shedim Kabal's Chicagoland December Tiny Tourney (12/15/2012)
Notes:

Map: Broken Skyline by LongHeroscaper (35.84" x 21.70")
Uses:
1 ROTV, 1 FOTA, 1 RTTFF
Origin: Brought along but not used at Shedim Kabal's Chicagoland September Showdown (9/22/2012)
Notes: Fun map, but technically illegal. According to page 2 of the FotA rules, Fortress Walls should be built on wall bases, and wall bases should sit on normal terrain tiles (not wall tiles or other 0-height tiles). Despite its technical flaw, The Broken Skyline is accepted as a Battlefield of Valhalla (BOV) map. My fix: To make BOV's version of The Broken Skyline technically correct, use eight of FotA's 13 leftover ground castle pieces to raise all eight wall bases in The Broken Skyline up one level.

Map: - (?" x ?")
Uses:
Origin: Created for Heroscaper2010's "Trophy Map" Contest (August 17, 2012) but never submitted
Notes:
Outcome:
Final winner was Mist Valley by Mooseman

Last edited by Skylord163; December 15th, 2016 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Updating
Old September 21st, 2016, 09:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Skylord163's Maps

You should add pictures of the maps to the OP. I love map threads. My favorites usually have the sets required, a picture, and the map size. I keep a binder with all my favorites with a playing card sized image for a table of contents that list the sets required and size so I know if it will fit on my table and that I have the sets to build it.

This was my early version prototype
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 27th, 2016, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Japes. As time permits, I do intend to keep improving the Original Post.

There's a lot of inspiration to be found from other Cartographers of Valhalla on how to present material.

I like your idea of putting map "trading cards" in a binder as a Table of Contents. Something to consider after I've finalized a few more maps ...
Old September 28th, 2016, 12:49 AM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

Woohoo new maps. Glad the contest got your gears going. I enjoy your use of the diagonal starting zones. Your road of well springs feels like it would be fun to play in a campaign type story with your broken skylines. That one is super neat too!

Japes you wouldn't happen to have a pdf of those nifty cards you could post here on hsers do you?

EDIT: oh my first post, guess I'm no longer lurking. xD
Old September 28th, 2016, 09:30 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf_Scape View Post
Woohoo new maps. Glad the contest got your gears going. I enjoy your use of the diagonal starting zones. Your road of well springs feels like it would be fun to play in a campaign type story with your broken skylines. That one is super neat too!

Japes you wouldn't happen to have a pdf of those nifty cards you could post here on hsers do you?

EDIT: oh my first post, guess I'm no longer lurking. xD
I don't know if I ever made a PDF. I'll have to check. I think I just made images and then printed them 9 to a sheet and then trimmed them out. Windows default image printer at 9 per sheet scaled them to the correct size mostly.
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:47 PM

My display is shaping up nicely.

I'm glad to be able to add Newbie Trainers, my update of Newbie Trainer by @Draconious.

Last edited by Skylord163; December 15th, 2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old December 15th, 2016, 09:12 PM

Added another map to my display.

At the time I designed Rift Between Ruins, I wondered what would get figures to explore the battlefield when the obvious strategy for melee units was a fast charge into engagement.
Old December 15th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good stuff.

Some of those maps are awful small but personally I like a good bloodbath.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios