Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old June 15th, 2011, 08:53 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.4) (Abilities Tutorial)

I added a guide to help in the creation of your own automatic abilities.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
I added a guide to help in the creation of your own automatic abilities.
Could just Copy+Paste the abilities from Notepad

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The function list really helps. FYI at the end of the file there is a link that says "Other functions are available from Magic Set Editor itself, to do such things as correct capitalization.
They can be found here." but the link is not active. I am assuming you made the file in a word processor and used a free PDF maker to make the file, but you can create links if you have acrobat pro, have Office 2007 and downloaded Microsoft's Save as PDF plugin or use office 2010's build in save-as-PDF. You should post the link to the function reference in the OP of this thread anyway.

Also, does anyone know how to get around if you the name of a special power is a subset of another special power. I.E. If you put ADJACENT TOUGH - it automatically uses TOUGH, and STEALTH FLYING uses FLYING - even if I copy the official power to a custom one. I have to do work around such as making a power STEALTH and putting the first word of the power as FLYING and then a new line, but the line spacing and bold words makes it off. The other work around is removing spaces in posers such as ADJACENTTOUGH, but even hyphens and underscores make MSE consider it a seporate word and messes it up.
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:56 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whoops, I fixed that link (I hope).

I think that bug has come up. I have no idea if there's anything I can do about it, but I'll try to look at it later.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean here, but this guide is for writing new abilities into the program.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:47 AM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart

I followed all the download/installation instructions in the above post. Yet, when I open the program, no Heroscape templates are present. The given templates that come with the software are all that's available. Also, when I go to extract the downloaded files, the given "address" doesn't exist. Am I missing something?

I'm using a VM (VMware Fusion), if that helps...
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM

Find the Magic Set Editor 2/data folder. Are there any folders starting with "heroscape" in it, or just "magic"? If there aren't, make sure when you extract the ZIP that all the files are going into that folder.

V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old June 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you....found the issue with extracting the files. I did what you suggested, and it worked. Now I can enjoy MSE with Heroscape!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:59 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How do I get the correct background for the figure picture?
Old June 23rd, 2011, 06:05 PM

Sertorius is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
How do I get the correct background for the figure picture?
Your figure image has to be in .png format and has to have a "transparent" background. You do this by adding an alpha layer in GIMP or photoshop (photoshop does this by default; GIMP does not, for some reason).
Old June 23rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Quote:
Not sure what you mean here, but this guide is for writing new abilities into the program.
Simply open up Notepad/Wordpad on your computer. Type in a power. Copy it. Paste it onto the card. Then insert names. And it only took a few minutes, with no extra work. It's not too difficult y'know. Certainly less dificult then making an entire new sub-program, then creating a tutorial for adding extra power

Great job on MSE: Heroscape Version though

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 06:17 PM

Sertorius is surprisingly tart

Personally I just turned the auto-text off from the "Set Info" tab because it was bugging me more than helping me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Simply open up Notepad/Wordpad on your computer. Type in a power. Copy it. Paste it onto the card. Then insert names. And it only took a few minutes, with no extra work. It's not too difficult y'know. Certainly less dificult then making an entire new sub-program, then creating a tutorial for adding extra power

Great job on MSE: Heroscape Version though
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:01 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nevermind.

Last edited by Tmac2200; June 23rd, 2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: I figured it out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software