Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Odin's Challenge Scenario

The Book of Odin's Challenge Scenario

A C3G scenario with the Map of Odin's Colosseum

MAP BIO: Ancient Valhalla has one timeless tradition of conflict and victory, where warriors can test their might before the gods of Asguard. Here in this Colosseum lives are ended for the weak of heart and victory is claimed for the cunning warrior.

ODIN'S CHALLENGE

(2-6 players and one non-player to act the part of Odin - It is recommended to play at least 3 players)

Every so often, Odin, the high ruler and god of Asgard, summons warriors from all over to compete in his own private contest of gladiatorial combat. Prior to the battle royal, the warriors are given gold to spend in several different ways to gain loyalty, support, approval, power, and even Odin's favor. Who will be victorious in this dance of power and diplomacy? Only time will tell, and only one team may stand highly honored in the eternal halls of Asgardian legend.

GOAL:

Destroy all of your opponent's figures.

SETUP:

You will need 1 Rise of the Valkyrie Master set, 2 Fortress of the Archkyrie sets, and 1 Marvel Master set.

So that the figures in play cannot fly atop of the walls of the Colosseum, place other figures up there like Kyrie, Gladiators, and other C3G warriors.

Each player is given a pen and a piece of paper (you can download some game sheets here). Players are also given 100 gold pieces to secretly give to the Gladiator Trainer, Odin's Temple, Asgardian Crowd, and Kyrie Military. Once the players have secretly written their spending, they must submit them all to Odin. Odin will at that point announce the highest to lowest donations for the 4 Receivers of Donations and give all gifts to the players that have earned them (use the lists below). Roll a 20-sided die to determine any ties.

Once the players have selected their Armies, Odin will assign each army to a start zone.

RECEIVERS OF DONATIONS:

- Gladiator Trainer: Players choose their Premade Army in order of highest donator choosing first, down to the lowest donator choosing last.

- Odin's Temple: The highest donator gets a +4 to initiative for the entire game. The second highest donator gets a +2 to initiative for the entire game. When Odin rolls for "Odin's Decision", he rolls 2 fewer attack dice for the highest donator to Odin's Temple, and 2 additional attack dice for the lowest donator to Odin's Temple.

- Asgardian Crowd: The highest donator always avoids the Angry Crowd special rule. Second highest bidder may choose one Unique Hero to always avoid the Angry Crowd special rule.

- Kyrie Military: Highest donator chooses 1 squad of Jandar Sentinels or 1 squad of Minions of Utgar to add to his army. Second Highest donator receives the squad that the highest donator did not choose to add to his army. This squad does not start the game on the battlefield, instead, the controlling player may immediately place this squad on any unoccupied space on the battlefield when their first Unique Hero is destroyed.

PREMADE ARMIES: (Odin should feel free to create any other C3G two man Unique Hero armies that he sees fit)

- World's Finest: Superman 400 + Batman 200 = 600

- Brave and the Bold: Green Lantern 350 + Flash 250 = 600

- Wicked Grin: Darkseid 380 + Joker 190 = 570

- Avengers: Incredible Hulk 370 + Captain America 220 = 590

- New Avengers: Thor 430 + Spider Man 160 = 590

- X-Factor: Wolverine 280 + Deadpool 285 = 565

SPECIAL RULES:

- Odin's Decision: Whenever a Unique Hero is destroyed by another Unique Hero, before removing it from the battlefield, Odin must roll 12 attack dice. If Odin rolls 6 or more skulls, the figure is destroyed. If Odin rolls 5 or fewer skulls, the figure survives. Place the same number of wound markers equal to the figure's life number on its card, and then remove one wound marker from its card (so that it is one wound away from death). Odin rolls 2 fewer attack dice for the highest donator to Odin's Temple, and 2 additional attack dice for the lowest donator to Odin's Temple.

- Angry Crowd: At the start of every round, after order markers have been placed and before initiative has been rolled, Odin must roll the 20-sided die separately for each figure that has one or more wound markers on its card. Add one to the roll for each wound marker on its card. If you roll a 20 or higher, that figure receives 1 wound.

VICTORY:

When the other players have no figures left on the battlefield you win.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by SirGalahad; October 16th, 2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Odin's Colosseum Scenario

The map looks really cool (even if the castle walls are just decoration) and I really like the scaneario rules.

Only one suggestion: for the armies, why not just have the 1st player pick any two figures that equal 600 points, then each successive player pick any two figures that cost 10 points less than the player before them? That way it opens it up to any figures that C3G makes in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:58 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The map looks really cool (even if the castle walls are just decoration) and I really like the scaneario rules.

Only one suggestion: for the armies, why not just have the 1st player pick any two figures that equal 600 points, then each successive player pick any two figures that cost 10 points less than the player before them? That way it opens it up to any figures that C3G makes in the future.
I think that instead, we could give a tip to "Odin" to feel free to create other C3G armies as to give the affect that Odin has summoned these warriors. I think that theme would be lost a bit with your suggestion, and it is a really good one if you ask me.

Also,there was a lot of Buzz at my C3G table when I set this up, and I think that Buzz could have easily been killed if the burden was on the people to spend 30 minutes in a drafting war. Especially when you have players who are not all that familiar with C3G units to begin with.

So like I said, maybe just letting Odin know that he can feel free to create other armies for future games. But I did choose armies here that had a nice learning curve for noobs, and I would like to keep that as any one of us could run this scenario at any event to introduce noobs to our game.
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Glad you like the map too. With a bunch of Kyrie on top it looks amazing.
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Odin's Colosseum - not a scenario, a party idea.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Odin's Colosseum - not a scenario, a party idea.
Yeah pretty much. This is great to have a bunch of friends over and geek out. Plus, you could have even more people play in teams of two since the Unique Hero armies are two man armies. More fun for everyone!
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow. Kudos to Griffin. This looks amazingly fun. I'd rep you again if it would let me.
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I think that instead, we could give a tip to "Odin" to feel free to create other C3G armies as to give the affect that Odin has summoned these warriors. I think that theme would be lost a bit with your suggestion, and it is a really good one if you ask me.
I think that's great! Just have a little blurb in the write-up that "Odin" can create more 2-figure armies starting at 600 and decreasing in points.

How did the play go at the event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I think that's great! Just have a little blurb in the write-up that "Odin" can create more 2-figure armies starting at 600 and decreasing in points.

I agree, good call and thanks.

It was awesome. People actually dropped out of the official tournament early to guarantee their seat at the C3G table. Wolverine and Deadpool were highly favored by Odin, and the other heroes were pretty scared of them. So they were targeted a lot. Deadpool used his Wisecrack to keep ranged attacks off of Wolverine, but Thor, Superman, and Darkseid tag teamed up on Wolverine to take him out early. Then Spidey and Batman danced quite a bit, until DS sniped Batman with his OE SA. Superman was kicking some major booty until Flash got in there and started stacking wounds on him. The Kyrie Military surrounded Deadpool into a corner and kept him there... it was soo funny because AltronZero (who was the player controlling Deadpool) was so frustrated, that he started running his mouth to everyone in a Deadpool fashion. Hilarious.

But in the end, it came down to Superman and Spiderman, and I believe Spiderman won. What a blast! We had so much fun I had to pay, bribe, and beg the store to stay open long enough for us to finish.

It is about a 2 hour game with noobs.
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Wow. Kudos to Griffin. This looks amazingly fun. I'd rep you again if it would let me.
Cool, I am glad you like it. Wow, two reps from you in one day, too bad you can't do that. I can hit you back for the rep comment though, as it did make me smile imagining you laugh out loud to my comment.
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:

How does this look?

Quote:
PREMADE ARMIES: (Odin should feel free to create any other C3G two man Unique Hero armies that he sees fit)
- World's Finest: Superman 400 + Batman 200 = 600
- Brave and the Bold: Green Lantern 350 + Flash 250 = 600
- Wicked Grin: Darkseid 380 + Joker 190 = 570
- Avengers: Incredible Hulk 370 + Captain America 220 = 590
- New Avengers: Thor 430 + Spider Man 160 = 590
- X-Factor: Wolverine 280 + Deadpool 285 = 565
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Title IX strongly recommends you say "two-person" Unique Hero armies; otherwise you'll have to create them their own Coliseum.

And I've seen that structure of bribery before. What is it based off of?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library