Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 30th, 2007, 10:30 AM

viperhoops10 has disabled reputation
Counter to this army

I'm playing a rematch on sunday 2 vs. 2 500 pts. each. These are the armies they use

Player 1
Charos
Braxis
Raelin

Player 2
Kelda
Acorlah
Syvaris
Aubriens
Dumutef
Sgt. Drake

I have all the units in my sig minus what is in there army so what should i use for both my armies? Last time I lost every squad i had to Braxis(my brother is an amazing d20 roller).

My Collection: Everything except Templar, Greeks and Vipers, Kilts and Commandos
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:01 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Viperhoops10,
Welcome to scapers. Here is what I'd try from what I gather in your sig.
Krug 120
Deathwalker 9000 140
Nakita Agents 120
Krav Maga 100
-------

I'd keep the Nakita Agents close to Deathwalker 9000 for their smoke screen, I'd run the Krav and DW9000 to high grounds. If anything, I hope you enjoy playing this army.
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:11 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
I guess the first question is if you allow using proxies? If you go with proxies, I'd want mutliple squads of Knights and Mass 4th, with some Human Champions for Bonding.

(in case you're not familiar with the term, you could use the Tarn Vikings as a proxy for the Knights of Weston. You put 4 Knights and 4 Vikings on the board and play as if you had 2 squads of Knights.)

Assuming you aren't using proxies, there's not a ton of synergy to build with what you've got, so for the most part you just want to put in some solid units that complement each other.

I'd might go with something like:

Army 1:
180 - Q9
70 - Knights of Weston
100 - Sir Denrick
100 - Krav Maga
50 - Me-Burq-Sa or Marro Warrios

Army 2:
120 - Krug
110 - Minions or Ninjas
110 - Airborne Elite
60 - Izumi Samurai
100 - Agent Carr or Kozuke Samurai

Denrick bonds with the Knights and should use his special to go after the Dragons. Also the Knights have enough defense to at least hold down if not take down Charos.

Q9 has your only special attack, so you want him to go after Drake, unless you can get a melee heavy hitter on him like Krug, Minions, Carr or Kozuke.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old August 30th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These are both good suggestions. The Braxas/Charos threats are a great opportunity to dust off Denrick, who is a fun one to play.

I would definitely kill Braxas first no matter what. With her gone, your enemies will have no special attacks or attacking abilities, and Ninjas, Nakita Agents, and Samurai will be able to wreak bloody vengeance on the normal-attacking opposition with no fear of getting their abilities neutralized.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion