Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old August 19th, 2007, 02:52 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
450-Point Army Help

All right. Later today, I'll be scaping with 3 other guys, and I'll likely be using a 450-point army. This is what I've come up with so far:

Ornak
Marcu Esenwein
Ne-Gok-Sa
Izumi Samurai
Marro Warriors
Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
Tagawa Samurai Archers

It's probably not the best configuration, which is why I'm asking for any advice. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Old August 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
And what do you have to work with?
Old August 19th, 2007, 03:22 PM

everything, except SotM and exclusives.
Old August 19th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Okay, I think you have two weak spots. Ornak-Marcu-NGS is one. As soon as one of those three heroes is killed, the advantage of using Ornak evaporates. And one of a common squad is not ideal either. What about:

100 Ornak
090 Ne-Gok-Sa
050 Me-Burq-Sa
020 Marcu
130 Tagawa Samurai Archers x2
060 Izumi Samurai
=450

This gives you three heroes to activate with Ornak, one of them ranged. And 2x of the common instand of MWs and 1x samurai archers. This way, both your Ornak group and your ranged squad will be able to soak up some losses and still fight back hard. I'm picturing Izumis, archers, and NGS/Marcu arrayed in front with Ornak and MBS behind.
Old August 19th, 2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Okay, I think you have two weak spots. Ornak-Marcu-NGS is one. As soon as one of those three heroes is killed, the advantage of using Ornak evaporates. And one of a common squad is not ideal either. What about:

100 Ornak
090 Ne-Gok-Sa
050 Me-Burq-Sa
020 Marcu
130 Tagawa Samurai Archers x2
060 Izumi Samurai
=450

This gives you three heroes to activate with Ornak, one of them ranged. And 2x of the common instand of MWs and 1x samurai archers. This way, both your Ornak group and your ranged squad will be able to soak up some losses and still fight back hard. I'm picturing Izumis, archers, and NGS/Marcu arrayed in front with Ornak and MBS behind.
That does sounds good, but unless I can use somebody' else's archers, i pnly have 1 squad. Plus, the map doesn't really favor any doublespace figures, what with ladders and constant elevation changes.
Old August 19th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Embraces the Suck

100 Ornak
090 NGS
150 Cyprien
045 Sonya
065 Samurai Archers
=450

Not sure about this one-- either how good it will be or what to spend the last 65 points on. My first thought was Deathreavers x1 and Marcu for 445, but Samurai Archers and Sullivan do fit perfectly and offer range. I went with archers for Ornak-guarding purposes.

Those fast flyers and slow walkers might be hard to keep together. When advancing on enemies, you'll probably be scattering Cyprien and someone else forward on your 1, then using 2/3 to get the Utgar heroes organized so that Ornak can shoot two forward again next round.
Old August 19th, 2007, 05:32 PM

Sounds like that could be quite effective! I think I might have time to test that army before the guys are ready, so i'll see how it holds up!
Old August 19th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Embraces the Suck

Good luck. If you get time, tell me who you fought and how it went!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion