Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:11 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Grimnak

The Book of Grimnak
Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Exiled from the primitive, savage world of Grut, Grimnak is an orc warrior of the most menacing kind. He thunders onto
the battlefield atop his ferocious T-Rex, raising his spear triumphantly and daring his foes to outrun him or to take cover. Enemies who cannot do so may very likely meet either of two gruesome fates. Those who manage to evade the vicious jabbing of Grimnak's spear may face the T-Rex's deadly chomp. Many a warrior has been swallowed whole-or munched a morsel at a time-by this barbarous beast, while their comrades could only look on in terror and revulsion. Grimnak's fellow orc warriors are wise to travel with him when they can: during battle they are well protected by Grimnak and the T-Rex, and with the added security and confidence comes increased
attack power.
(Hasbro)

No, it is an optional ability. (Hasbro FAQ)

- CHOMP : Activation During Turn
    Can Grimnak chomp before he moves?
    No, Grimnak can only chomp after he has moved and before he decides to attack. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - BLADE GRUTS / HEAVY GRUTS : Orc Champion Bonding
    As an Orc champion, Grimnak may benefit from Blade Gruts and Heavy Gruts ORC CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.

- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Grimnak may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

- NERAK THE GLACIAN SWOG RIDER : Orc Defensive Aura 1
    As an Orc, Grimnak may benefit from Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider’s ORC DEFENSIVE AURA 1 defense bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - ORC WARRIOR ENHANCEMENT : Orc Warrior Units
    * Blade Gruts
    * Heavy Gruts

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Grimnak- CHOMP. Although fairly expensive, Grimnak's bonding with Gruts and ability to automatically destroy squad figures make him very powerful. A

OEAO: A

Cleon: Tier 9 (13/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A

Master Index
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by superfrog; March 15th, 2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:06 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Grimnak

Quote:
  • - CHOMP : Optional Power
    Do you have to Chomp each turn?
    No, it is an optional ability. (Hasbro FAQ)

- CHOMP : Activation During Turn
    Can Grimnak chomp before he moves?
    No, Grimnak can only chomp after he has moved and before he decides to attack. (Hasbro FAQ)
Some things to remember when using Grimnak:
1) When to use Chomp: As said in the above quote, Chomp is optional and must be performed at a very precise "phase" of the turn: after he has moved and before he decides to attack. BUT, remember figures are never forced to move: they can "move" zero spaces.

2) Chomp + attack: Chomp is a Special Power, not a Special Attack. You can use Chomp AND then make a normal attack (Note: this is the case with all special powers, with few exceptions which are all clearly specified in the wording of the power).

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I can't wait until my friend gets Marvelscape and I chomp his Thanos.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:32 PM

vjoe_udo has disabled reputation
stacked?

Does Orc Warriors Enhancement stack with other orc enhancements?

Tornak with Grimnak?
If I have an Orc warrior adjacent to both Tornak and Grimnak, does he get two extra dices?

How about with Nerak's aura?
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yes.
Old August 20th, 2007, 01:01 AM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
I just strted to use orcs. I have one heavy, Ornak, and Grimnak. I use them with DW9K and the Zettian Guards for range. The team actually doesnt do too bad. I use Ornak's Red Flag Fury Aura and move Grimnak and the DW9k up. Then use the heavies to move Grimnak. The Zettians are there for second hance range (after the DW9K) or as glyph grabbers (if needed). with there range of 7 and if you happen to find they ranger glyph the Zettians and the DW9K can stand on glyphs and fire off. Then giving cover to Grimnak and the heavies. Which will allow chompy to fill his belly!

DeadEye
Old August 20th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
The only guy who can recover from chomp...

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:26 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
chompy was really powerful at gen con this year, when I let someone take over for me during a tourney, and he let chompy eat my plague dogs. >:I

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:37 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
chompy was really powerful at gen con this year, when I let someone take over for me during a tourney, and he let chompy eat my plague dogs. >:I
That should never have happened. He can only chomp small or medium figs. Where's the ref? You got screwed.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM

StLouisBear is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
The Marvel set has revived my love of Grimnak. You want to make someone cry? Chomp his Hulk. Let me tell you, its one of the most satisfying d20 rolls you'll make in this game. Biting Captain America's head off (not in the same game) was almost as good, too. If only I could catch that rotten Silver Surfer ...
Old January 5th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Quote:
The only guy who can recover from chomp...
Barring Sturla.

Old January 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM

whizkidtoys has disabled reputation
My friends and I are getting into the game. One of them played a ton of Zombies/Marro and Grimnak. About halfway through the game, his Zombies and Marro having been decimated, he takes Grimnak for a spin.

My hand to god, he made 8 Chomp rolls in a row. Combined with the squad figures that he just devoured outright, Grimnak alone killed off my entire army in about 5 rounds. Even though he was the biggest target on the field, I just couldn't seem to make an attack stick to him. All I could do is sit there and pout while he maniacally laughed and Chomped another.

One thousand points, right into his mouth. I will never underestimate this figure again!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units