Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old November 18th, 2017, 05:12 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Soulscape Project- Converting the Dark Souls game to

Hey man, those are both cool suggestions. Did C3G basically make keywords kind of like in MTG? Cool idea though I'm a little hesitant as I like the idea of a card being something you can show someone and have them get.

Thats a cool idea for the Knight actually. I do wonder if it might prove unfair against low attack units though. What do you think about it either only being able to be used against attacks when a certain number of skulls are rolled or it being a d20 roll? Alternatively it could require an X order marker being knocked over, so it was limited to a once a round ability.

Definitely think you're on to something. Our couple play sessions with the units we've fielded have been fun, and I look forward to putting games of them up on my youtube channel once they're polished.
Old November 18th, 2017, 01:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Having the dodge utilize the x marker is cool. That would keep the power in check but make a big difference. Otherwise your looking at a d20 roll like isamu to run away. Which is also viable.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 18th, 2017, 02:43 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Having the dodge utilize the x marker is cool. That would keep the power in check but make a big difference. Otherwise your looking at a d20 roll like isamu to run away. Which is also viable.
The only reason I could think of for the D20 roll is because it more accurately conveys how the character plays in the game, pretty much able to roll whenever. That being said I think the X marker and rolling extra defense dice is probably a more unique and funner method. While I appreciate their place in the game, the annoying vanishing should probably be left to the ninjas.
Old February 5th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Hey man, those are both cool suggestions. Did C3G basically make keywords kind of like in MTG? Cool idea though I'm a little hesitant as I like the idea of a card being something you can show someone and have them get.
I'm not sure, I've never actually played MTG. The idea behind it is that the vast majority of heroes would use both those simple rules, so there might as well be a symbol for them. Takes up less space, and is easily recognizable. On the other hand, I get what you're saying, Heroscape's accessibility is one of it's biggest draws. It would have to be a very simple ability so it's easy to remember.
Quote:
Thats a cool idea for the Knight actually. I do wonder if it might prove unfair against low attack units though. What do you think about it either only being able to be used against attacks when a certain number of skulls are rolled or it being a d20 roll? Alternatively it could require an X order marker being knocked over, so it was limited to a once a round ability.
I actually really like the idea of it only being able to be used on a more deadly attack, that way it wouldn't have such limited viability against the huge amount of deadly heroes the Dark Souls set would introduce.

Quote:
A d20 roll could work as well, but the swingyness really worries me. I once saw a Isamu kill a full health Major Q9 on his own at a tournement. The potential for a more powerful character is a bit scary haha
Old March 5th, 2018, 12:01 PM

Yes, if at all possible I try to avoid Isamu type units, though as points go up its a little more reasonable. My second Dark Souls set is coming and I'm going to rebase them and really get into play testing. I will probably feature the units when they are complete here as well: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdd...KPqc4mw/videos
Old March 14th, 2018, 01:38 AM

Btvs01 is surprisingly tart

You know it's funny, I just got into Dark Souls and I made a card for my unkindled. It's such a work in progress but I'm definitely interested in converting him into a playable character in Heroscape. I think he adequately gives a feel for my character.

He's technically a pyromancer, but rarely do we stick with the idea that we started out with lol. He's a greatsword-wielding sorcerer that I dumped all of his stats into vigor, vitality, dexterity, and intelligence. And sticking with the theme of the unkindled, I also added an "ember" ability I guess.

Buffy is the life! Life is the Buffy!
Shaniqua is mah idol!
Mah Customs!(Alot!)
Terrain Customs!: Zombie City Scape

Last edited by Btvs01; March 28th, 2018 at 05:12 PM. Reason: realized image didnt work
Old September 26th, 2018, 01:34 AM

SkullScape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Awesome idea! Would be really cool to see some custom game modes like reach the bonfire from your spawn point and some kinda of flask system, could be cool great work.
Old September 26th, 2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullScape View Post
Awesome idea! Would be really cool to see some custom game modes like reach the bonfire from your spawn point and some kinda of flask system, could be cool great work.
Ideally I would make a series of scenarios thats meant to be played through like a scapes version of Dark souls. For now though gotta finish the project which might take awhile because new stuff just arrived today!

As well as the mega bosses, though those are too expensive/big to really viably convert to customs.
Old September 26th, 2018, 11:38 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Ideally I would make a series of scenarios thats meant to be played through like a scapes version of Dark souls. For now though gotta finish the project which might take awhile because new stuff just arrived today!

As well as the mega bosses, though those are too expensive/big to really viably convert to customs.
Its too bad that the rest of the stuff I should be getting. (The stretchgoals) will not be arriving for years after they were supposed to, if at all. I guess its a good sign you got more of your addons.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 27th, 2018, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Its too bad that the rest of the stuff I should be getting. (The stretchgoals) will not be arriving for years after they were supposed to, if at all. I guess its a good sign you got more of your addons.
I actually just bought my stuff off amazon(got Kalameet, asylum Demon as well) so any kickstarter backer should definitely have theirs by now. I am mostly excited for the new classes in terms of making gameplay interesting at this point but veryyyy excited for all the models for enemies we are(hopefully) getting. Kinda weird that people have their hands on the four kings etc. already somehow....
Old September 21st, 2021, 03:43 AM

ddruthers is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Lightbulb Re: The Soulscape Project- Converting the Dark Souls game to

Bumping this (wrongfully abandoned!) thread- I just got into the game and instantly thought they would work perfectly with scape. You guys have done so much legwork already that it'd be a shame if this project was dead
I ran the large hollows as a unique squad with a leaping power a la Kon-Tar-Na, which seemed cool but I think they were a bit overcosted (5M-1R-4A-5D @ 100pts). I also tried the SKs you guys designed- super fun! They play like a hardy common squad that has some versatility with the activations. I think they may be overcosted as well though, sinking 300 pts into 6 figures with 1 life each means it feels pretty bad to blank out. I think the swordsmen are deserving of another power, too- maybe giving them Deadly Strike and lowering their attack to 3 or 4 would work?

I love the Sentinels btw- super thematic and their movement on your opponents' turn seems pretty balanced.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum