Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old May 19th, 2014, 02:25 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
C3V/SoV Tournament at GenCon 2014 -- Is Now Take 2!

C3V/SoV GenCon Tournament 2014

I will be hosting a C3V/SoV tournament at GenCon 2014. This tournament will take place during Open Play Heroscape on Thursday at 9 PM. You must have an Open Plat Ticket or Generics to enter this tournament or you will not be allowed to play. Open Play Tickets are to be given to the GMs for this event and not to me.

Here is the Event:

C3V/SoV Take 2 Tournament - Open to all players, 4 round swiss style tournament. Players bring 2 pre-drafted 530 point Heroscape army, (no Marvel) army size is limited to 16 figures. Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies. The loser of the dice-off chooses who places first. C3V/SoV customs approved by Tuesday, August 12th are eligible for this event. The full list of C3V/SoV customs can be found here. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes may be awarded.

Now, to make it easier for me, I'm going to create a sign-up list here for those planning on playing in this event. Questions and comments are appreciated.

Playing:
1. MegaSilver
2. Big Boa
3. Dad_Scaper
4. Kid_Scaper
5. Killercactus
6. Uncle Lou
7. Major Q23
8. capsocrates
9. infectedsloth
10. I.S.B.3
11. El Diabolo
12. Cleon
13. Hendal
14. cap's friend

Last edited by MegaSilver; August 12th, 2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old May 19th, 2014, 06:47 AM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: C3V/SoV Tournament at GenCon 2014

As far as GenCon ticket sales for Casual Play, I think there were only 24 positions total to begin with. There is no other Heroscape event going on during that time slot, so I wonder if more will be allowed to play if they have generics and just show up. Looks like there will be 56 slots total based on the Championship total.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old May 19th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Extra players with generics should be OK but you may want to check with MM. Like you said there should be plenty of extra maps. Looks like 7 tickets have sold so far.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:02 AM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

I will Play!
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:18 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

To C3G or to C3V, that is the question...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 19th, 2014, 11:27 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
As far as GenCon ticket sales for Casual Play, I think there were only 24 positions total to begin with. There is no other Heroscape event going on during that time slot, so I wonder if more will be allowed to play if they have generics and just show up. Looks like there will be 56 slots total based on the Championship total.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Extra players with generics should be OK but you may want to check with MM. Like you said there should be plenty of extra maps. Looks like 7 tickets have sold so far.
Thank you and fixed!
Old May 20th, 2014, 12:17 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

You obviously just cut-&-pasted this post, but missed changing the year in the first sentence, since "2013" doesn't match the "2014" in the title. Easy mistake to make and probably fixed already.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Only twelve positions?

Sign KidScaper & me up, stat!

Can't get away from that Big Boa guy, though. He makes me nervous.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 26th, 2014, 09:00 PM

Both of you are signed up now.
Old May 27th, 2014, 11:15 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

HOLY CRAP KC IS ALIVE!

With my new duties at Summoner Wars Lead Playtester, I have to be at those events, so I can't play in the Scape stuff during the day.

This, however, might be right up my alley.

I'd love to play and hang out with you guys if I can get my hands on an Open Play Ticket, so sign me up!

I might need to borrow some stuff if I can ever figure out what I wanna play....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 27th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 27th, 2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: fixed smiley
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
HOLY CRAP KC IS ALIVE!

With my new duties at Summoner Wars Lead Playtester, I have to be at those events, so I can't play in the Scape stuff during the day.

This, however, might be right up my alley.

I'd love to play and hang out with you guys if I can get my hands on an Open Play Ticket, so sign me up!

I might need to borrow some stuff if I can ever figure out what I wanna play....

Can't wait to see you there, finally, and possibly play against you!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con