Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 10th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I can vouch for some of your better hunting days.

Old January 10th, 2008, 04:06 PM

HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud-O
He is most likely talking about "set rotation", which is implemented in Magic Tournaments – certain sets are no longer usable in certain tournaments, depending on the tournament type. Set rotation requires that WAY TOO MANY "sets" (in our case, units) exist for the tournament scene to remain healthy. Set rotation would be pointless and serve no purpose when it comes to Heroscape tournaments. Star Wars minis doesn't have Set Rotation in their tournaments, and that game has FAR more individual units than 'Scape.

If WotC is taking over, they are most probably doing nothing more than distro. I find it hard to believe that Hasbro, who is so concerned with the bottom line (what with being a major corporation and all) would just take a game away from the current design team and hand it to all new people when the game is selling well. This smacks of retargeting the audience, nothing more. Kids aren't playing Heroscape, older "hobby" gamers are. WotC is just another part of Hasbro, the part that (successfully) handles "hobby" games. All this silly talk of "WotC's gonna make blind boosters, WotC's going to institute set rotation, etc." is just that – silly. Hasbro is most likely attempting to retarget the game so as to make even more money.
I have to agree that all this silly talk is exactly that: SILLY. Assuming some sort of change in the future (which I can neither confirm nor deny), instead of modifying HeroScape to resemble other WotC games, maybe the reverse would be true: Other games might be modified to attain the success of HeroScape! Have we considered that possibility?
Old January 10th, 2008, 05:44 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Well, even if they do implement that stupid "set rotation," I'll never use it. I usually combine the 5th wave of magic cards with the 10th, anyway, so don't expect me to follow those rules...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News